1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

PSN Good Games

Discussion in 'PlayStation Network' started by Myke, May 31, 2012.

1. Arjay

Arjay Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Arjay9975
    More goodness with legendaryhero90 (Lion). Had around 20 matches with each other and it was nice learning how to deal with Lion's mixups.

SeveredShogun likes this.
  2. LegendaryHero90

LegendaryHero90 Well-Known Member

GGs too Arjay. Not many people play Jeffrey nowadays so its refreshing to play a set with a jeff main.

I didnt know that Jeffrey's elbow flat out beats Lion's on neutral and throw escaping side-turned crouch throws are still wonky for me to say the least. One thing i didnt see you use much in the match up is Jeff's 4K or 4K,(hitconfirm/delay)P. Its a 14 frame move that Lion pretty much has to respect. If your at a slight disadvantage or neutral, its pretty good to just throw it out to keep lion on point with his pressure since he doesnt have anything faster than 14 frames other than his standard Jab or elbow. It's also a good "get-off-me" move as long as your not sideturned.

speaking of sideturned, it seems like you had a lot of trouble with dealing with Lion's HCF P or 41236 P, the low arm sweep that sideturns on hit. there's a couple of ways you can actually deal with this:

1. usually a standing block beats whatever lion is going to throw out next. (because 90% of the time, im going to use Lion's midkick after i hit with the low sideturn attack). I midkick because 50% of the people i play online seem to mash after i hit with the HCF+P thinking they are at advantage because its a low.

2.sidestepping to lion's back after the hit. aka sidestep the direction of the arm sweep is coming from. Why? because the midkick covers towards lions front. And the midkick is what i use 90% of the time. It seems counter-intuitive and it definitely takes time to get used to, but if you master this, your taking away a lot of potential damage away from lion.

3. Jump-back. I've seen a lot of heavy weight characters just jump back and take the knockdown than deal with his sideturned situation. 7G isnt bad especially if its early in the game when both players still have a lot of life. Lion doesnt have any follow up if he hits usually because the opponent is too far. but keep in mind, you have to have the life to trade for this option. too many times have i seen people jump back only to get midkicked then ground attacked for game at the wall.

lol TLDR:
    GGs. Good Jeff. Will play again.

Arjay likes this.
  3. Modelah

Modelah Well-Known Member VFDC Translator Content Manager Taka

PSN:
    Modelah
    GGs to Over50years_old, a JP player who pops up in ranked from time to time.

The comment on his profile reads, 'I was in my mid 20s when VF1 came out...' :notworthy:

Ellis likes this.
  4. Modelah

PSN:
    Modelah
    GGs @WolfKing! Always a pleasure.
    GGs JP ranked, too. Shame that WW is a ghost town now, though.

WolfKing and Ellis like this.
  5. LegendaryHero90

i'll still be around on the weekends if im not busy. And someone is impersonating you by the name of Modelaj or similar on PSN.

6. Modelah

PSN:
    Modelah
    No, Modeljah is my JP account. I pretty much play on that exclusively now.

7. LegendaryHero90

huh... really??? because if thats true, our connection was actually not bad when you were on that account.

EDIT: hence why i thought that it was someone else posing as you since your connection with me and vice versa is usually subpar for the most part.

8. Modelah

PSN:
    Modelah
    Surprisingly, from Japan I have quite a few smooth connections with US and EU players. Unsurprisingly, most non-JP connections are terrible, lol.

I'll shoot you a friend request, hit me up if you're keen.

Ellis likes this.
  9. WolfKing

WolfKing Well-Known Member

PSN:
    HotRod666
    Nice as always @Modelah! your taka always scares me!

Modelah likes this.
  10. WolfKing

PSN:
    HotRod666
    Good games to "crepuscular" and admc2007!
    Rusty as nails tho....

11. WolfKing

PSN:
    HotRod666
    Good games to juliankyo... boy Wolf has a hard time vs. Pai that's for sure!

12. Modelah

PSN:
    Modelah
    Had a great little set with @LegendaryHero90 today.
    I still don't know what to do when that little Lion bastard sideturns the McTaka with that low arm-sweep bullshit. For the love of all things righteous I can't seem to...

oh, nvm I just read his post above k thx lol

GGs
    ;)

Last edited: May 22, 2016
  13. LegendaryHero90

hey ggs Modelah. You've definitely improved since we last played. But yeah Lion can't do much to Taka unless Lion sideturns him. Any and all damage is null and void because Lion can't juggle Taka. That match up feels like its one of Lion's worst if not THE worse for him.

And did you know that Taka is one of the few characters that can actually full-on punish Lion's HCF+P if blocked? its pretty crazy but its possible with Taka's 4P+K, P. If you master this punish, Lion's overall damage output would have to come from his whiff punishes and/or throws and that really limits him overall.

WolfKing and Modelah like this.
  14. Modelah

PSN:
    Modelah
    No I didn't know that, my matchup knowledge with Lion (most of the cast actually lol) is pretty poor. Thanks for the heads up.

15. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    Never played HopFrog b4., at least I don't think I have.
    Wow, Frog has a pretty strong AOI, I'm pretty sure HopFrog had upwards of 38,000 matches. He showed me no quarter.

I lost in my usual spectacular fashion. But I guess if I had at least 20,000 matches i wouldn't have lost so quickly:ROTFL:

GG HopFrog!

16. WolfKing

PSN:
    HotRod666
    Good games to Valakrie 2041! Glad we had better connection..super difficult Aoi...

Valakrie likes this.
  17. Valakrie

Valakrie Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Valakrie_2041
    Good games! :D

18. WolfKing

PSN:
    HotRod666
    VFhayato likes this.
  19. Jason Elbow

Jason Elbow Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    I really wanna play your Aoi. I think my Lion will provide a adequate enough challenge....

20. Valakrie

Valakrie Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Valakrie_2041
    Sure! I would love to play a Lion player. :)

Let me know when you are up for games.