1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Punishing 2p with Jeffry?

Discussion in 'Jeffry' started by Phoxx, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Phoxx

Phoxx Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Phoxx__
    XBL:
    Phoxx 3D
    Does Jeff have any tech that goes over lows like 2p and wakeup low kicks? If not, what do you guys typically do to deal with 2p?

2. YOMI

YOMI not a legendary game designer

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    He has nothing that outright goes over low punches except general jumping attacks, but he has two s.high moves that can beat them; PKP, which is kind of bad because it's -10 on block and it doesn't do anything special on hit, and 46P which is a circular launcher that leads to a damaging combo which is very good. A tactic I've been using to anticipate low punch spam is to back dash and then 46P to catch the recovery of the low punch and kill them, but this only pretty much works when you have the advantage.

3. partyboy32

partyboy32 Active Member

XBL:
    PARTY BOY247 69
    what i do is back dash n low grab. n i side step noobs then i get side controll.or back dash n use 46 half circul kick into combo n elbow after 2p is gurenteed makes them freez on hit. if they do it 2nd 2p time its knee louncher combo.

4. Krye

Krye French Star Player

PSN:
    KryeMeARiver
    XBL:
    Krye NL
    43p kills that low punch spam

Chefboy_OB likes this.
  5. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Depends on the low. 4KP is his fastest mid attack (14 frames) so it can be used to punish lot of stuff. Some lows (low sweeps in particular) are punishable with something bigger, like a 6K.

In general against low punch spam, I recommend backdashing into a suitable mid attack, like 443P(P) like Krye suggested. Or even better, a launcher. But this requires you to learn the distance where low punch whiffs.

Chefboy_OB likes this.