1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Question about countering Vanessa...

Discussion in 'Vanessa' started by Isamu, Oct 29, 2003.

1. Isamu

Isamu Active Member

Hi guys! I gotta question about Vanessa....

You know when you are fighting Vannessa? O.K. there is a move she does where she will grab you, throw you to the ground and get ontop of you missionairy style while you are on your back. While in this position, she proceeds to continuously punch you in the face leaving you what appears to be...HELPLESS!!! One thing I've noticed though, is that she kinda stalls before throwing the next punch, giving you the impression that you can either block her hits or throw her off of you.

Can you please tell me if there is a way to guard these punches to the face while she is on top of you? Can you please tell me what button combinations I need to execute to get the bitch off of me? I do not remember seeing a move to counter this or lessen the damage, while in training mode. That move honestly grates on my last fucking nerves!

There is also a move where, after being thrown to the ground, you seemingly can't move or roll out of it, and she procees to just nonchalantly kick you in the face! How do you get away or avoid this?

Oh and by the way I'm playing with Lau if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance.

2. ONISTOMPA

ONISTOMPA Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Isamu said:

Hi guys! I gotta question about Vanessa....

You know when you are fighting Vannessa? O.K. there is a move she does where she will grab you, throw you to the ground and get ontop of you missionairy style while you are on your back. While in this position, she proceeds to continuously punch you in the face leaving you what appears to be...HELPLESS!!! One thing I've noticed though, is that she kinda stalls before throwing the next punch, giving you the impression that you can either block her hits or throw her off of you.

Can you please tell me if there is a way to guard these punches to the face while she is on top of you? Can you please tell me what button combinations I need to execute to get the bitch off of me? I do not remember seeing a move to counter this or lessen the damage, while in training mode. That move honestly grates on my last fucking nerves!

[/ QUOTE ]

-[G] to guard against [P] and [P]+[K]
    -[2]+[G] to guard [2]+[P]
    -[P]+[G] to escape [P]+[G].

[ QUOTE ]
    Isamu said:
    There is also a move where, after being thrown to the ground, you seemingly can't move or roll out of it, and she procees to just nonchalantly kick you in the face! How do you get away or avoid this?

[/ QUOTE ]

You'll have to be more specific, I don't know if you're talking about a move or a throw ? The kick might be guaranteed if not, just keep doing 360s and tapping [P][K] while holding [G].

3. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Isamu said:

Oh and by the way I'm playing with Lau if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you mean kneed to the face?

In that case it's her [3][P]+[K]+[G] throw that she can perform on you while you're crouching. It's countered the same way as it's performed.

I hope you don't mean her normal [3][K] while you're downed...