1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Vanessa question

Discussion in 'Vanessa' started by GKaizerZero, May 17, 2004.

1. GKaizerZero

GKaizerZero Well-Known Member

i just got a brand new PS2 for $80 /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif, and i'm getting back into the groove of VF again. anyway, i'm wondering what are the best follow ups for Vanessa's (DS) [1][P]+[G]?

2. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

There is not really any guaranteed follorw up unless it's a wall hit..... you can try for [6][6]+[K] when they hit the wall. Good way to test these things is go into training mode and set the cpu to guard all, and see if they can block it or not.

3. Mysterio

Mysterio Well-Known Member

yeah.. but also, go to free training->command press X or O
    and see what floatermoves and what follow-ups you can do
    and so on. Kindda good /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

4. agios_katastrof

agios_katastrof Well-Known Member

I generally only use that throw against a wall or edge. Edge - obvious, you get the RO, and against a wall, it's 30 dm + stagger + back turned. Yeah, I don't think anything is guaranteed, I usually mix up between some mid, dash throw, and every now and then k+g for surprises. The k+g is risky as usual, but it is a special high, and unblockable. So, if you get them with the f,f+k or f,f+p enough times, then you can sometimes nail them with the k+g. Plus, it looks pretty cool, imho. Prob doesn't work too well against against top competition, though.

5. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    [ QUOTE ]
    GKaizerZero said:

anyway, i'm wondering what are the best follow ups for Vanessa's (DS) [1][P]+[G]?

[/ QUOTE ]

Two of the best followups into a wall I've seen happened to me at Evo2k3 during casual play.

The first: [1][P]+[G] - dash in - [6][6][P]+[G] wall throw combo!

This worked because I wasn't sure what to expect, so I struggled quickly and just stood there guarding.

The second: [1][P]+[G] - dash in - low throw!

And this worked because the first one had conditioned me. After the wall stagger I struggled and tried to fuzzy guard, but the low throw nabbed me while I was crouching.

I guess you could add a third, even more humiliating option: dash in - low punch sabaki - head crumble combo! This would get anyone trying to [2][P] their way out.

None of these are guaranteed, and probably will never work against the CPU. But they can be very effective in real versus play.

In case you're wondering who the Vanessa player was, it was Zero-chan! /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

6. GKaizerZero

GKaizerZero Well-Known Member

thanks for all the responses. and no offense to any of you guys (especially Myke) but i was hoping for Zero-chan in particular to give me some advice on this. however seeing as how Myke has gone up against her, that's just as good! but i hadn't thought of using her [6][6][P]+[G] wall throw. i'm gonna give that a try right now... don't know why i didn't think of that earlier. again, i thank you all.