1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Rumour: New Virtua Fighter game to come

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Dec 23, 2014.

By Myke on Dec 23, 2014 at 8:36 PM
  1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    I'm not one that takes much stock in rumours, because, well, anyone can make up a rumour without any real consequence for being wrong. However, when the rumour comes from a somewhat credible source, then you can't help but take notice. NeoGAF user Verendus, an apparent insider to the Japanese Video Games industry recently posted that a "New Virtua Fighter game [is] to come" among a list of other gaming related rumours. This probably comes as no surprise to some given the recent end-of-life announcement of VF5FS Ver.B in Japanese arcades. Out with the old, and in with the new? Time will only tell!

Source: NeoGAF, @G0d3L, @Unicorn
    vf-rumour.jpg

Last edited: Dec 23, 2014

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Dec 23, 2014.

1. ToyDingo
      ToyDingo
      Wait, no Marduk in T7!? Blasphemy!!!!!
      MrMoon360 and Kamais_Ookin like this.
    2. DomAug
      DomAug
      i need a next-gen VF game on my PC. i need it in my life.
    3. MrMoon360
      MrMoon360
      I want this so bad. Please let it be!! And soon!
    4. Ali
      Ali
      TheMkr likes this.
    5. Vick Vega
      Vick Vega
      Why do you assume they'll transition to VF? I know a few players that went from Tekken to DOA or Soul Caliber. VF learning curve scares most people away.
    6. Vick Vega
      Vick Vega
      They've already confirmed the list of fighters who are going to be in the game?
    7. AAK
      AAK
      That's me :)
      About Marduk & Baek: From the location tests we could see their moves are being transitioned into King and Hwoarang. And it's not just the style of moves (like how Claudio is getting moves that look similar to Anna's) the EXACT animation Marduk had for f+2,d+1,2 was given to King... and the EXACT Animation of Baek's FLA f+3 was given to Hwoarang. Unless those characters get something else with those move notations (which I find extremely unlikely) or brand new movesets (even more unlikely) I don't see them returning. Of course anything is possible, but why set such unreasonably optimistic expectations? Namco has never done something like that before & with how risk averse Tekken 7 is so far, I don't see how they'd start implementing it now.

Zafina was just my salty speculation running wild... it's up in the air for her. Namco never truly did give that character much justice and I fear they might just abandon her for good.

But no, a confirmed final roster list isn't there. Hence, things can change... but you can start to filter out potential characters once you observe the additions/changes revealed so far.
    8. Manjimaru
      Manjimaru
      I've waited that for about 15+ years (or for however long tekkens been around). Still waiting to happen. I'd say don't hold your breath.

ps. I have never considered playing Tekken for its 'martial artists'.
    9. Sebo
      Sebo
      Wondering how sega will end up screwing this up.
      IcKY99 and Kamais_Ookin like this.
    10. Shoju
      Shoju
      I really hope this happens but I don't think I like anything they did with VF5FS. Once the novelty of it being a new VF game wore off it just felt like a big dissapointnment. I can understand now why there was so much negativity coming out of Japan about FS. I'd pay close attention to what they say over there If VF6 happens.
      Kamais_Ookin and MDSPrime like this.
    11. shadowmaster
      shadowmaster
      I want to see what sega has planned though hopefully it is something good. To say it is vf6 though I don't know if I would go that far though.
    12. DK
      DK
      Boungiourno amigo
    13. Unicorn
      Unicorn
      You mean as unlikely as, for example, Wolf and Jeffry sharing the very some animation for 3k+g? :D
      IcKY99 likes this.
    14. TheMkr
    15. Mold_Monkey93
      Mold_Monkey93
      I am guessing it will be more like 5R. Considering we have more memory this time around. We won't get to see how VF6 truly looks.
    16. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      I've seen a couple in the local scene pick up VF because they aren't happy with Tekken (or moved to Tekken because there was a bigger base but are back to VF now that there are more players).

Not a blanket rule, but I also don't think VF's learning curve is that scary.
      Oh yeah, I'm not expecting am ass exodus, but I mean like in the local scenes you might be able to find a few players who want something new in a 3D fighter or will be swept up in the excitement of a new VF game. I know FS picked up some new players into the competitive scene (me included).
      Shinobi likes this.
    17. Tha_FeauchA
      Tha_FeauchA
      If a new VF does make it to consoles, I really hope it will come to both the PS4 and the Xbox. I don't want to have to buy a PS4 and a new stick. I don't have an Xbox One, but that is the system I planned on getting.
    18. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      I don't see why it wouldn't come to both, unless Sony/MS cough up money to make it an exclusive.

I just hope it releases on PC more than anything, I have zero desire to buy a new console.
    19. aoi ameindei
      aoi ameindei
      Did all of you guys forget the wii u this needs to be on it
    20. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      Wouldn't be opposed to it being on Wii-U, but honestly I wonder if it would be worth the effort of porting to a significantly different system (in comparison to Xbone and PS4, PC) for the no doubt piddly sales it would result in (I'm saying this as someone who owns a Wii-U and PC)

I imagine any future VF will be a digital release, so that makes it more likely, but even so...