1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Rumour: New Virtua Fighter game to come

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Dec 23, 2014.

By Myke on Dec 23, 2014 at 8:36 PM
  1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    I'm not one that takes much stock in rumours, because, well, anyone can make up a rumour without any real consequence for being wrong. However, when the rumour comes from a somewhat credible source, then you can't help but take notice. NeoGAF user Verendus, an apparent insider to the Japanese Video Games industry recently posted that a "New Virtua Fighter game [is] to come" among a list of other gaming related rumours. This probably comes as no surprise to some given the recent end-of-life announcement of VF5FS Ver.B in Japanese arcades. Out with the old, and in with the new? Time will only tell!

Source: NeoGAF, @G0d3L, @Unicorn
    vf-rumour.jpg

Last edited: Dec 23, 2014

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Dec 23, 2014.

1. wall
      wall
      I actually want this to be fighters megamix 2. With an items, weapon, and armor shop. I'm thinking they pull from fighting vipers, last Bronx, sega titles over the years, and obviously vf.
      PurpGuy likes this.
    2. Tha_FeauchA
      Tha_FeauchA
      Yea, that's what I'm sayin. I hope one of the companies doesn't buy it out.. I completely forgot about PC. Hope yall get it too, if it comes out.
    3. Rome
      Rome
      oh dude, VF5 FS still is the nicest and most organic looking FG on PS3/360 and VF5 was the first FG ( ? ) on last gen.
      Just imagine how awesome VF6 could look like on next gen *_*
      It really needs to happen but i don't care whether it still would need some time. They should take all the time they need to make VF6 as epic as possible.

Also i think a new VF could get a bigger community than VF5 since fighting games are much more hyped these days. I just hope SEGA can give us such a great netcode like Killer Instinct has. ( KI --> BEST fg netcode of all times. can play with americans and still do 2 frame links )

Oh GOOOOODDDD i want to do next gen muay thai fights so f***** hard :D
    4. MarieRose
      MarieRose
      I need VF6 in my life. We need VF6. Life is too short.
      CJA likes this.
    5. IcKY99
      IcKY99
      ROFL yeah that's what they said about FS and look at all the tournies that's getting....
    6. Unicorn
      Unicorn
      It may or may not be related, but Makoto Osaki confirmed AM2 is working on "new title"
      Shinobi likes this.
    7. Shinobi
      Shinobi
      When? Where? How? Oh, man... I can't wait to hear the news!
    8. Dragonps
      Dragonps
      I had heard this too, did he say it was for the Playstation or not? What I heard was that they confirmed they are working on a title for PS4 not sure how much truth there was to that
    9. Mister
      Mister
      Guys, I think vf6 is gonna hit arcades before consoles. It was alwasy like that and it should stay that way. Why? because the game need to be tested from the veterans to see if it's balanced. Also the gamet o gain money need to be good in the arcades (you have to put a coin to play), so it's the perfect ground to develop the vf we would love. If they develop the console game first there's no need for testing and we get a crappy vf6.
    10. oneida
      oneida
      MadeManG74 and Shinobi like this.
    11. Unicorn
      Unicorn
      the game should be on ps but that does not mean much; VF5 vanilla was also "ps3 game" and on E3, the presented betaversion of arcade cabinet in the sony ps3 section.

I may even find the photos somewhere :)

Unfortunatelly all I found in my archives abotu vf5 on e3 2006 is this

[​IMG]
      Shinobi likes this.
    12. Shinobi
      Shinobi
      BLACKSTAR likes this.
    13. Shinobi
    14. Dragonps
      Dragonps
      Ellis likes this.
    15. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      Th-they could be working on two games, right? Right?
    16. PurpGuy
      PurpGuy
      This could be the game that convinces me to buy a next gen console
      Ellis likes this.
    17. Parasite_eveNZ
      Parasite_eveNZ
      Oh dude no crate on earth could hold the amount of hype i have in my body for a new VF
    18. PurpGuy
      PurpGuy
      Fighters Megamix 2! Just think, stick in all the VF5FS characters, a handful of moves/characters from VF6, whichever characters they feel like pulling from Fighting Vipers and Last Bronx, and all of the DoA5U characters as well! Make it a true VF vs DoA cooperative title, it may not be as mainstream as Street Fighter vs Tekken, but it would be the better game.
    19. Jinzer0
      Jinzer0
      VFVita/VF3DS PLEASE!!!
    20. Mister
      Mister
      hell no, if i can't use a stick to play i won't play it. Also those console are more for casual games that for fighting games.
      MadeManG74 likes this.