1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Rumour: New Virtua Fighter game to come

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Dec 23, 2014.

By Myke on Dec 23, 2014 at 8:36 PM
  1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    I'm not one that takes much stock in rumours, because, well, anyone can make up a rumour without any real consequence for being wrong. However, when the rumour comes from a somewhat credible source, then you can't help but take notice. NeoGAF user Verendus, an apparent insider to the Japanese Video Games industry recently posted that a "New Virtua Fighter game [is] to come" among a list of other gaming related rumours. This probably comes as no surprise to some given the recent end-of-life announcement of VF5FS Ver.B in Japanese arcades. Out with the old, and in with the new? Time will only tell!

Source: NeoGAF, @G0d3L, @Unicorn
    vf-rumour.jpg

Last edited: Dec 23, 2014

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Dec 23, 2014.

1. Micheal_Bolton
      Micheal_Bolton
      as a 3ds owner and a vita owner i say fuck handhelds for real. the big appeal of VF is the graphics since it always looks better than every other fighting game without question. I'm really chomping at the bit to see what the VF6 engine looks like. besides if vf6 is on ps4 itll prolly have that remote play shit most of those games have.
      BLACKSTAR likes this.
    2. Devdan
      Devdan
      I'm a stick advocate for sure, but handheld versions can be good for practice if you commute a lot (as many Japanese do). I'd be for it, as a supplement and not a replacement of course.
    3. Micheal_Bolton
      Micheal_Bolton
      id rather they didn't so they could have free reign to not hold back on graphics just so they can make it fit on some handheld. besides this is AM2 the only handheld game they ever made was that project mirai game on 3ds. I really don't think they are gonna care about handhelds. hell sony itself doesn't give a shit about vita anymore,
    4. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      There is no way they would limit all the releases to look like the handheld version. Rather I think they would make a port with gimped graphics for handhelds.

To be honest, I don't think it would be worth their time for the sales they would get on 3DS/Vita. They already have a VF mobile phone game to make some dosh in the portable gaming arena.