1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Rumour: New Virtua Fighter game to come

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Dec 23, 2014.

By Myke on Dec 23, 2014 at 8:36 PM
  1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    I'm not one that takes much stock in rumours, because, well, anyone can make up a rumour without any real consequence for being wrong. However, when the rumour comes from a somewhat credible source, then you can't help but take notice. NeoGAF user Verendus, an apparent insider to the Japanese Video Games industry recently posted that a "New Virtua Fighter game [is] to come" among a list of other gaming related rumours. This probably comes as no surprise to some given the recent end-of-life announcement of VF5FS Ver.B in Japanese arcades. Out with the old, and in with the new? Time will only tell!

Source: NeoGAF, @G0d3L, @Unicorn
    vf-rumour.jpg

Last edited: Dec 23, 2014

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Dec 23, 2014.

1. def
      def
      OMG YES PLEASE BE TRUE!! Virtua Fighter 6 on PS4/X1 would be great. Or a portable VF game would be nice too. I figured this would happen sooner or later since VF is pretty much no longer dead in the west what with VF5: FS and VF characters appearing in the DOA games. Also VF2 being re-released and VF5: FS being available on PS Now. (Which I must confess I do keep buying a 1 month rental every now and then to play on my PS Vita)
      Jinzer0, D.R.F. and Nalaztre like this.
    2. Plague
      Plague
      It fits with the practice of putting on three SEGA Cups. Very nice. Maybe I'll learn to play this one.
      Nalaztre, BLACKSTAR and oneida like this.
    3. Virtua Kazama
      Virtua Kazama
      I would be all over that.
    4. Shinobi
      Shinobi
      I don't usually cry over rumours, but this time I don't know if I can hold my tears...

Please. VF6 for everyone. PS4, XOne, PC.
    5. oneida
      oneida
      it's been over 9 years since 5 was announced, sega.
      can't start a fire without a spark~
      KADAJ757, BLACKSTAR and Shinobi like this.
    6. cmase1989
      cmase1989
      yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
    7. Project Bokuho
    8. Citrus
      Citrus
      I've read his post on Neogaf.
      It makes sense that a virtua fighter 6 gets announced any time soon, we were all waiting for it maybe after FS ver.B ?

I fully concur, a PC version is a must at this point.
      Project Bokuho and Shinobi like this.
    9. Deleted member 13782
      Deleted member 13782
      Oh my. Please let this be true.
    10. Unicorn
      Unicorn
      Project Bokuho, SUGATA and Shinobi like this.
    11. WolfKing
      WolfKing
      welcome to the revolution... vf6!
    12. Dragonps
      Dragonps
      Cant...contain...the...hype...arrrrggghhhhh

Ahem hopefully this turn out to be true, please Sega make my wet dreams come true
      Shinobi likes this.
    13. Tocuh
      Tocuh
      Best. Early. Christmas. Gift. Ever.
      Shinobi likes this.
    14. Titantony
      Titantony
      This is good to hear even with it just being a rumor!! With the ability to stream on next gen counsoles vf can get even more exposure. Im surprised how many ppl float around watching other's stream! Are there any 3d fighters on next gen counsoles? Either way, we're in a drought with 3d fighters and i feel as if now/next year would be a great time to bring the series back.. COME ON SEGA, STOP PLAYING YO!!!
      KADAJ757 likes this.
    15. def
      def
      There's Dead or Alive 5: Last Round coming out in Feb. which will be on PS4 and X1 as well as PS3 and 360 and Steam. Also Tekken 7 and Tekken X Street Fighter was said to STILL be in the works.
    16. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      I do think it might be a good opportunity to win over some Tekken stalwarts, I've heard a lot of fans react very negatively to Tekken 7.

Hoping to win some new fans over to Final Showdown to get ready for a potential VF6!
      Shinobi likes this.
    17. wingchun_warrior
      wingchun_warrior
      Oh ya I knew this was gonna happen vf is to great of a game not to can't wait now its time to practice baby
    18. AAK
      AAK
      That is assuming VF6 won't make the same mistakes Namco is making with Tekken 7 that its fans aren't happy about like:

- Same default outfits from forever
      - Recycled legacy animations in the moveset and winpose/inro's
      - Plethora of troll customizations
      - Getting rid of martial arts characters (like Marduk/Baek/Zafina) and replacing them with full retard weaboo abominations like Alisa/Lucky Chloe/Claudio.
    19. DK
      DK
      You're the same aak from avoidingthepuddle.com :eek: