1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

San Diego VF (SDVF)

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by jinxhand, Jun 26, 2012.

1. phanatik

phanatik Well-Known Member

XBL:
    I phanatik I
    Can we get something going this Friday?

2. Brisal73

Brisal73 Well-Known Member

If I'm able to get something going on Friday at super arcade will SD meet up?

Reminder... Hope to have bigger numbers at wnf this week.. Aka tomorrow.

3. phanatik

phanatik Well-Known Member

XBL:
    I phanatik I
    WNFs are no-go for me. Ever. Saturday nights are good.

4. Ladon

Ladon Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ladon---
    Where's super arcade at? I'm down to meet up this Friday or Saturday, no problem!

5. hseiken1

hseiken1 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    hseiken
    I can't make it to super arcade this weekend. If anyone's down, I can host a gathering at my place again. @Ladon, super arcade is about 2 1/2 hours away. Can't get there directly by public transit and back in one night. Believe me, I looked. :)

So yeah, phan, ladon, macc...if you guys aren't up for that super long drive, feel free to swing by my place. If anyone's interested, just pm me. I'm open friday and saturday this weekend.

6. hseiken1

XBL:
    hseiken
    However, by the same token, if someone's going to drive up there and wouldn't mind some 'i spy' games in the car with the rest of us SD fellas, i'm down for that too. I can pitch in some fossil fuel dollars.

7. Macc

Macc Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SRKMacc
    XBL:
    Macc
    I can do Friday or Saturday, just gotta work a midnight to 8am shift for this project on Friday night/Saturday morning.

@ Brisal: I am thinking of trying to hit up WNF next week if you guys are gonna be there. If so, any SD guys that want to tag along let me know. Should be able to swindle away one of our rental cars for the night. Also I would not rule out driving up to Super Arcade Saturday if people cone through then. I just thought they ran their anime/poverty games that night.

8. Brisal73

I hope you guys and gals can make it tonight at Super Arcade. I should be there by 830. I also have a few extension speakers so we can actually hear what we are playing.

Not sure ifs Saturdays at Super Arcade is doable. I will find out tonight. I only know that they have open night every Friday.

9. hseiken1

XBL:
    hseiken
    830? For us SD guys, it's about a 4 hour round trip and doesn't SA close around midnight? What time is it open until? As well, keep in mind the driving situation and falling asleep and stuff too. Basically what I'm getting at is: Anyway you can get there earlier? :) Also, can you round up other people in the area like Icky99, 000000, and others to be there? Miles, etc? You gotta sweeten the pot for that ride, homie :D

10. Brisal73

They really don't start setting up for WNF till about 8pm. Tournament usually starts by 930pm. Depending on how many show up to tourney it ends by 11pm-12am. After that you you can stay and play, but most take off due to work the next day.

Tonight, I am going to check if Fridays can be a possibility for some casuals.

I hear that next WNF (3/26) should be good for some SD's and that should work for most LA'ers including me

Can we also move this conversation to the SoCal thread so we can keep the message to one area.

http://virtuafighter.com/threads/southern-california-vf-community.15576/

11. Brisal73

OK 8pm this Friday is a go at super arcade. SD bring one ps3 just in case. Try to be there as close to 8 as you can. 8pm-12am or when you guys are ready to go back home.

Please remember that entry and wristband are $5

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
    hseiken1 likes this.
  12. Brisal73

Reminder:
    After the first successful VFriday Night VFight, our next gathering at Super Arcade will be on April 4th and the one after will be on April 18th (week before Sega Cup). Start planning to attend now!

13. hseiken1

XBL:
    hseiken
    I'll see if i can make some arrangements to make it up there. Needs me some more FS specific training. 4evo's only gonna get me so far. lol

14. Elijah Modnar

Elijah Modnar New Member

PSN:
    ELIJAH_MODNAR
    XBL:
    Calculator Kid
    Hey guys, new to VF and don't know much about the scene here. Do any of you guys ever make it out to Saltmines in Clairemont? Also which console do you guys play primarily?

15. Brisal73

Go to Sega Cup starting Friday with the team tourney... only a 2 hour car ride and you will get a lot of casuals.
    Maybe even find a friend from SD and get a ride to other Socal events

16. hseiken1

XBL:
    hseiken
    I've avoided Salt Mines primarily because it's 2D fighter joint. However, if someone else is going there, maybe we can start meeting up (myself and Ladon) to spar. I've played there with Jinxhand, but people are pretty much 'whatevs' about VF the few times I've played there. I haven't been able to get in touch with Jinx for a while, but he used to be up there every Friday, barring life didn't get in the way.

Also, please, go to Sega Cup. PM me for details and such. We might be able to help each other on this. ;)

17. Elijah Modnar

Elijah Modnar New Member

PSN:
    ELIJAH_MODNAR
    XBL:
    Calculator Kid
    I don't think I'll be able to make it to Sega Cup, but I may try. The good news though is that I may be able to designate a day for VF at Saltmines, as we only run events on Mondays and Thursdays and Fridays. Fridays are for anime fighters mostly but they allow any game anyone brings setups for, no charge. Also couldn't figure out how to send a PM on here :(

18. hseiken1

XBL:
    hseiken
    I'll PM you later about saltmines...

19. Where/What is Saltmines? I'm relatively close to Claremont.

20. hseiken1

XBL:
    hseiken
    Fighting game place. It's run by donations. People just gather and play fighting games, have tourneys, etc.