1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Sarah looks like Samus Aran from Metroid

Discussion in 'General' started by def, Jul 7, 2010.

1. def

def Well-Known Member

So let's talk about this just for fun, as a lot of us know, Sarah looks a lot like Samus Aran from Nintendo's Metroid series. Well let's see:

-Both have long blonde hair set in a high ponytail.
    -Both wear blue colored body suits
    -Both in their 20's
    -Sarah is 20 in VF1 and is at least 24 as of VF5
    -I assume Samus is in her 20's since she looks young enough.
    Any thoughts from anyone?

PaulMartinKPG likes this.
  2. Jigohro

Jigohro Well-Known Member

Two tall, slender, idealized longhaired blondes with no distinguishing features at all look similar in two Japanese games?

Uncanny [​IMG] .

3. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    def, I seriously have to ask bro. Are you trying to set some kind of thread creation record on a new forum? I've watched you create more threads in the past month than I have created in 10 years.

This could have easily been mentioned in the R / FS discussion thread and well if it branched off into it's on discussion I'm sure one of the mods would have happily giving it it's own thread.

No offense, but how old are you? I'm just trying to figure out why each day that I log in I can see 1 to 2 new threads created by you for some of the most random-est shit ever. If you need a friend or someone to listen to you, hey I'm here for you.

4. def

def Well-Known Member

Oh I never realized I've made that many threads, I'm actually 20 years old, I'm not trying to break a record or anything, just saying what's on my mind, I apologize if I'm hogging up the threads, and thanks for the friend offer by the way.

5. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

We get all up in arms when we see people post a lot because it taxes two very important resources:

1) our patience. we have none on the best of days. post about your love of spaghetti or how you like Pai's pants with the Satin cross stitch and we just fucking lose it.

2) VFDC's limited bandwidth. whenever someone new makes more than 5 new posts in a 24 hour period the server crashes. you all wondered why, now you know.

6. def

def Well-Known Member

Oh, did not know that, I'll be sure to cut down on the posting.

7. RaishinX

RaishinX Active Member

Seriously?

PaulMartinKPG likes this.
  8. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    It's not a matter of you cutting back, it's just that sometimes what you have to mention can be mentioned in a similar thread that already exist. One of the things that pisses Myke off and a lot of other members is people not utilizing the search function. I can tell you right now I absolutely suck at using the search function here on VFDC, but I still try and if I can't find something I don't make a random thread just to ask. I use that thing on the right side of the screen called the shout box. Usually one of the daily trolls lurking in those woods can point you in the right direction.

Don't take things the wrong way, you are definitely welcomed here to speak your mind. Like I said in my original post I was just curious as to why each time you felt you had to say something, you started a new topic thread. That's all I was asking and trying to understand.

9. Ash_Kaiser

Ash_Kaiser Marly you no good jabroni I make you humble... Bronze Supporter

You know how Feck feels about that word. Think of his feelings, Rod.

10. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

I don't mind, I know he's not talking about me cause I can't use the search function either [​IMG]

/me goes back to trolling shoutbox

11. Mlai

Mlai Well-Known Member

Actually, it's the other way around: It's Samus Aran who looks like Sarah Bryant.

Even though Metroid existed before Virtua Fighter... during the NES days, Samus actually had green hair. VF1 came out in 1993. Super Metroid (Samus with blonde hair) came out in 1994.

12. def

def Well-Known Member

and a heads up to anyone planning on getting metroid: other M, amazon as well as gamestop have the game available for pre-order and I know amazon will, but maybe gamestop will have a pre-order bonus like Super mario galaxy 2 which is a $20 OFF coupon of a future purchase so that is on amazon.com and maybe gamestop where u can pre-order the game and get a $20 off coupon for a future purchase.

13. Kobi

Kobi 'Noh' One Bronze Supporter

XBL:
    Waverusher Kobi
    I found a Pai look-alike.

<object width="560" height="340"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9ixodBHDmOE"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9ixodBHDmOE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="560" height="340"> </embed></object>

14. Mlai

Mlai Well-Known Member

I wish Pai has loose butterfly pants like Li here. That would look and play so nice in 3D!
    [​IMG]

15. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    guess who else is a lookalike

16. 124

124 Well-Known Member

HAHA! That's so strong! Yah! She looks like A YOUNG Pai!

17. Jigohro

Unfortunately for you though, it seems that in FS pants, and indeed clothing for ladies seems to be becoming a rarity [​IMG] .

18. 124

124 Well-Known Member

YES! As the history of VF gets longer and longer... Ladies' clothings are getting shorter and shorter...

19. Jigohro

Visionaries at SEGA though are, as always with VF, exploring new territories by providing not only a feisty asian girl, an elegant asian girl, a white girl and a black girl to ogle (which every other company does), but also probably the most blatant jailbait of gaming, who the players are quick to whore up to 11 in customization (and Dural as a milf lolol).

"Fully customizable S costume" appears to be working to market the game as intended, since the recipe for success seems to be "take off EVERYTHING, put on the most whoresome make-up and some tacky shiny doodles, profit!". I predict an influx of new players... of various pedigree. Gogo sales!

Still no word if they are gonna go the full distance and implement a fursuit for Lion, though [​IMG] .

20. Mlai

Mlai Well-Known Member

I'm guilty as charged. VF4evo's oodles of costume bits are what started me on the road of VFdom.