1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Sarah Preferences

Discussion in 'Sarah' started by ToyDingo, Oct 17, 2014.

1. ToyDingo

ToyDingo Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    Was screwing around in dojo and came across an interesting question:

Sarah's only real options to punish +12/+13 is [P][K] or [3][P][K] (or throw)

Both have their advantages with [P][K] you finish standing with +4 advantage. With [3][P][K] you finish in flamingo with +5 advantage. With either finish, because of Sarah's lack of full circular mids, you're going to need a bit of yomi to figure out the proper follow up to continue pressure.

My question: Which do you prefer and why? Standing +4 advantage or Flamingo +5 advantage?

2. BLACKSTAR

BLACKSTAR You'll find him on the grind Staff Member Media Manager

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    [P][K] is better because you have more attack/movement options afterward, access to a faster launcher, a true (fuzzyable) nitaku situation (since you have throw) and you can also choose to block/fuzzy.

[3][P][K] into flamingo is good for hard reads or subsequently pressuring your opponent in Flamingo in advantage or safe disadvantage (if he allows you to do it).

beanboy and ToyDingo like this.
  3. blossy1000

blossy1000 Well-Known Member

I almost always go for [P][K], but it's more out of old habit than anything else. I try to use [3][P][K] more sometimes since +5 is when FL starts to get good. I still think [P][K] is probably the better choice if you're always gonna do the same one though.

ToyDingo likes this.
  4. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    I'd agree that it does come down to preference. with 3pk, you sacrifice a bit of damage for a stronger mixup. Against certain characters (Taka on my mind here), I'd say 3pk is better, just because he has a tougher time dealing with Flamingo options than he does her regular stuff.

On ST, ppk is a pretty optimal punisher, but recently I've only been using 3pk because it sets up FL kk unblockable, FL 6k confirm, and FL K+G, gives +11. I'm not even sure if she really needs the mixup.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2014
  5. BeastEG

BeastEG Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BeastyEG
    I think while it ultimately relies on the situation. I prefer [3][P][K] because Sarah is specifically designed to be in FL +5. After all, that's when she is strongest. However, if you have a monstrous life lead, why push the issue with FL which is a riskier stance.

[P][K] leaves you at +4 which means your opponent has far more defensive options including [3][3]x[G] fuzzy, EDCTC, and you are restricted to your basic mid-throw mix-up that you would have had if you just did a [P] and they blocked.

For me, if I'm already dominating, [P][K] to play it safe and not over extend myself. The closer in life we both are, I'll probably go [3][P][K] simply because it's where Sarah is strongest

ToyDingo likes this.
  6. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

I use anyone. Sometimes I use [P][K] and sometimes [3][P][K].