1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Sarah Videos (instructional, gameplay, etc)

Discussion in 'Sarah' started by steelbaz, Jun 15, 2012.

1. steelbaz

steelbaz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    Here are a few combo videos that I think make it a bit easier to combo with Sarah. Sometimes having a visual makes the learning process easier..

If anyone else has some combo please vids post them up, or create some [​IMG]

negative1, Tha_FeauchA and Chanchai like this.
  2. EMPEROR_COW

EMPEROR_COW Member

Hi there,

I made a new tutorial on VF5FS Sarah
    Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fFGofSdaes

This video is meant to shed some light on the different ways Sarah can transition from one stance to another, as well as how to attack from a particular stance and stay in that particular stance after the attack.

the stances covered:
    - Switch step
    - Flamingo
    - Back Roll Escape
    - Step
    - Forward Slide
    - Backward slide
    - Back Turn
    - Moonsault
    *BONUS : (Backward Flamingo and Backward Moonsault)

I hope this information provided is understandable, enjoyable and useful.
    Thank you.

(By the way, There is a lot more planned in the works. Expect something hopefully as soon as next week if all goes well. ) [video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fFGofSdaes [/video]

Tha_FeauchA and Chanchai like this.
  3. BeastEG

BeastEG Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BeastyEG
    Cool stuff man! I'm sure it will be helpful to some of the beginners out there!

4. EMPEROR_COW

EMPEROR_COW Member

well I intend to get a bit more technical with the content hopefully ... but I'm taking it one step at a time. I dont wanna scare people off.

Already finished the write up for the 2nd vid and hopefully I'll be able to produce it sometime next week [​IMG]

by the way I dont know why the imbedding didnt work .. anyone have a clue why ?

5. steelbaz

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    You have to use the right tags, [video:youtube] url [ /video].
    No space in the last tag [​IMG]

6. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    And don't paste the entire link, only the code part that comes after =

Like so

negative1 likes this.
  7. EMPEROR_COW

EMPEROR_COW Member

oh thanks guys! I'll keep that in mind when I hopefully upload the next vid [​IMG]

8. EMPEROR_COW

EMPEROR_COW Member

As promised guys! (sorry for the delay .. got caught up with things) Heres my "VF5FS Sarah - Move Properties" vid. :D I hope you find this both informative and enjoyable!

The following topics are covered in the video:

- 00:10 JUST FRAME MOVES
    - 02:18 KNOCKDOWNS
    - 03:48 LAUNCHERS
    - 06:34 STAGGERS
    - 09:48 STUNS WITH GUARANTEED FOLLOW-UP POTENTIAL
    - 12:51 FORCED SIDE TURN
    - 13:18 ANTI-SIDE STEP
    - 15:32 SABAKI
    - 16:46 OVER LOWS
    - 17:55 UNDER HIGHS
    - 19:31 HALF FENCE RING OUTS
    - 21:41 FRAME +VE ON BLOCK

CJA, negative1, Tha_FeauchA and 7 others like this.
  9. ToyDingo

ToyDingo Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    Good stuff man! And I saw you put timestamps on the youtube page so we can skip around if we need to.

Kudos! Some good info in this vid...

10. steelbaz

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    Yeah there was some good stuff in there, i'm still waiting on a combo video ;)
    I ripped a ton of combo videos off of the Sakura.jp Sarah site, because I couldn't watch them in the web player for some reason. I can upload some if other people couldn't view them as well.

11. EMPEROR_COW

EMPEROR_COW Member

yes please do it would be nice to see...
    as for future videos, I might not be able to promise anything getting really busy with work and DOA5 is just around the corner. If im doing any sarah vids its gonna be on her VF iteration ... All I can tell you so far is this, SHE IS AMAZING in DOA5!
    she has high mid and low holds, a low throw and a low throw vs backturned players.
    plus she retains everything she has here with a vengence.

(counter) 3P+K is no longer a flop, its a LAUNCHER !!
    and 7K also has follow up properties now so it acts as a LAUNCHER too.
    and because of the DOA5 stun system she transitions into flamingo alot safer! and also, her transitions into step are safer as well!

Best of all ?
    her B&Bs for the most part still work the same (some changed). and her Knockdown pressure vs quickstand works the same!

actually I might consider doing a video on knockdown pressure or how to better utilize flamingo...(but only if i have time).

Chanchai likes this.
  12. EfreeteG

EfreeteG Well-Known Member

Nice stuff m8! Pretty decent sarah review. Thats ok every1 makes mistakes [one Flamingo move from u video should be 1kk not 2kk]. Had fun watching video.
    p.s. I think video material is much more useful to increase skill level in game:)

13. EMPEROR_COW

EMPEROR_COW Member

you're right, there was another mistake like that that slipped by ... (i had to fix it with an annotation unfortunately .. :( )
    but no matter, you can at least see the move intended so the mistake is not too severe .. :S

Chanchai likes this.
  14. Blas

Blas New Member

*_* OMG I'm so glad i joined this forum, this place has everything i need to get better at VF

15. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

F.P.'s Sarah is my favorite so far.

BeastEG and ToyDingo like this.
  16. ToyDingo

ToyDingo Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    To be honest, I'm not sure if F.P. is one of the best Sarah's, or if he is just the ONLY Sarah to be captured on video. Aside from GoatCheeseBlues from WNF, I can't really find any other videos of good Sarah's...:(

Though, to be fair, F.P. is a hell of a Sarah...

17. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

More F.P.:

Second match.

Sozos, steelbaz and BeastEG like this.
  18. BLACKSTAR

BLACKSTAR You'll find him on the grind Staff Member Media Manager

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    Fernandio is DAT DUDE.

His dash cancelling skills and setups in and out of Flamingo are amazing

Sozos, SEGA jipi and BeastEG like this.
  19. Devilstar22

Devilstar22 Well-Known Member

I'm going to be adding sarah videos every 1 to 2 weeks.

Electro_Jacky likes this.
  20. Devilstar22

Devilstar22 Well-Known Member

Here are some Sarah video's for now.