1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Sarah Weaknesses and Potential Work Arounds

Discussion in 'Sarah' started by BeastEG, Jan 27, 2013.

?

How do you find Sarah?

Poll closed Jan 27, 2014.
  1. High-Tier

5.6%
  2. Mid-Tier

55.6%
  3. Low-Tier

19.4%
  4. Good Tourney Choice

13.9%
  5. Tourney Viable

36.1%
  6. Not Tourney Viable

5.6%
  7. Complete Tool Box

16.7%
  8. Decent Tool Box

19.4%
  9. Incomplete Tool Box

13.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Lucky_GT

Lucky_GT Well-Known Member

Welp, this was an interesting read...

Sarah is really good!

2. Solomon Rayland

Solomon Rayland Well-Known Member

Sarah must have been really bad in vanilla if that's the case. According to my thread on Sarah's weaknesses in vanilla, MarlyJay said she wasn't that bad.

3. Solomon Rayland

Solomon Rayland Well-Known Member

I feel like Sarah is one of the most unfairly treated characters in the game.

First of all, Sarah has high risk, and supposedly low reward on many of her attacks (especially against Taka). 6PK is by far the best example of this. I'm actually convinced that 6PK is an EX-Mid specifically so it can be blocked standing or crouching.

Second of all, Sarah is the only character with a weakness of not enough Mids.

Third, I know many people will disagree with me, but her mix-up game is actually fairly lacking, due to her limited toolkit of Mids and low damage throws. One might argue that her 41236P+G in step stance is the most damaging catch throw in the game, but as mentioned before, it is locked behind a gimmick stance and is less than useful at higher levels of play (every move in gimmick stances appear to be less than useful at a competitive level).

Sarah is also the only character lacking her own chargeable move. This is pretty bad because it leaves her with only one option to induce stagger when guarded, which she can only use at the wall.

Another thing about it is that Sarah is never the worst character in the game, so the developers have a better chance of missing it (which is usually what happens). The only games where Sarah is actually a solid powerful character is all VF4 games.

Also, anyone who watched Virtua Fighter Anime will notice that Sarah is extremely unfairly treated. This seems to be the case in almost every Virtua Fighter game out there. Tecmo made a God Tier Sarah for crying out loud, so why can't SEGA AM2 do it?!

I actually made a whole essay about Sarah being so unfairly treated and why she should be buffed in VF6.

That said, none of this means that Sarah is unviable. She does have powerful strengths as well such as being an intimidating presence at the wall and having some of the best okizeme in the game. But I can't deny how unfairly treated she is in nearly every Virtua Fighter game ever.

4. ShinyBrentford

ShinyBrentford Well-Known Member

On the "How do you find Sarah?" poll why isn't there a slot that says "Wite Wimmen"?