1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Screencasting recommendations?

Discussion in 'Help' started by Myke, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Anybody have any screencasting recommendations, preferably free software?

2. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Hate to bump this thread, but come on guys! Any good free alternatives out there?

3. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

I use Camstudio ( http://camstudio.org/ ), free and gets the job done. Its a big buggy but i havent found a better free program for it. Camtasia still king of them all tho...but not free (hella expensive actually).

Myke likes this.
  4. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    When you say screen casting...you mean recording something on your computer screen (sound / video / audio and what else?). If so, I think you can download a fully functional studio version of vidblaster for free. When using it for free, it will always have the vidblaster logo brand displayed.

I bought the studio version and was using that for streaming the VF Circuit (the low quality stream is because my computer can't handle the happuage PVR + streaming at a high quality resolution).

Edit: after searching what screen cast means....vidblaster serves more than one purpose in video broadcasting/recording. I think camtasia has more specific options catered to recording from computer screen.

5. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Yes.

I've been told about Camtasia, but really only interested in free alternatives for the moment so I'll check out Camstudio!

Thanks for the replies!

6. Y2K

Y2K New Member

Myke likes this.