1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Season 1 Feedback and Season 2 Poll of a VFDC-organized League

Discussion in 'VF Circuit' started by akai, Dec 7, 2012.

?

If there is a 2nd season of a VFDC organized league, would you participate in it?

Poll closed Dec 17, 2012.
  1. I participated in the 1st season and would participate in a 2nd season

87.3%
  2. I participated in the 1st season, but I will not participate in a 2nd Season.

3.2%
  3. I did not participate in the 1st Season, but I would like to participate in a 2nd Season.

9.5%
  1. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong - I like the current format and would be perfectly happy running an identical second league. I'm just offering alternatives or additional ways to do things, in case anyone was interested.

2. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

If prizes are on the table, it's serious business as far as I'm concerned.

3. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Thanks for everyone that have taken the time to take the poll and provide feedback. The number of people that have said yes to a second season is enough that there will definitely be one. There will be some "offseason" events also to try some things out. If you have some constructive feedback and have not posted it yet, please do so!

4. Zass

Zass Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Zass30
    I participated in two events. For me the simple issue was time commitment. I often had RL plans that interfered. It would be great if I could schedule my match with someone anytime instead of at the scheduled time.
    With that said, I've seen a similar street fighter league fail when they moved to letting people schedule their matches at any time, because people stopped trying to meet up at all. So I may not have a good solution to propose.

I love the idea of merging offline events, since those are something I try to participate in as well.

5. Liquid Akira

Liquid Akira New Member

Count me in with my Akira, if there is going to be a 2nd season

6. ExzetyXat1

ExzetyXat1 Well-Known Member

The VF Circuit is fun. I am agreeing with what Genzen said that smaller brackets should be able to make up their own date and time to play.

Also MOAR PRIZEEES!

Lastly I think the VF Circuit should stay a online tournament. That was the purpose of it.

7. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

I change my mind then. I don't wanna be the same as this big blue freak.

ExzetyXat1 likes this.
  8. SNAKE BOSS

SNAKE BOSS Well-Known Member

I like it.

9. SNAKE BOSS

You did a good job running this circuit and I would not have found out about this site if it was not for the circuit. Even though I I had some unpleasent run ins on this site I put that in the past and I am done with the foolishness as you can tell from the past month. I payed my dues for by not being in the later part of the circuit do to my ban from it but I accept that. Now if there is a second season of the circuit and other event I would like to be in them and show my true intentions and skill this time around. So let me know what you and others think of this fact.

10. Lyama

Lyama Member

PSN:
    Lyama0_o
    Thx Akai, VFDC and all who organizated VF Circult. Good organization) Its what we need in russian community) Many new players come in this tournaments)
    Thx sponsors, you are awesome, that give us this great prizes! We realy dont imaginate this)
    Few points:
    1) Its great idea do 2 tournaments in month, one big serious tournament for points and second fun-tournament. Maybe in next season try another forms for fun-tournament: team-tournament, king-of-the-hill tournament an other cool forms) it will be intresting)
    2) Needed realy good stream with commentators! I dont know, maybe i buy some stuff for stream in next year, but its not 100% that it will be... Any way, I with ZBEP may comment tournaments for our division
    3) for our big country, better do all tournaments in saturday, where all people may seat all night and play. past tournaments starts for me in 23-00 and end at 1-00 of monday, where i mast go for work at 6-45) its problem... better saturday!)
    Thanks again you all) See you in second season)
    Sorry for my english( i write it fast in dinner break on work, so i dont have time to verify errors...
    p.s.: I cant wait to try MADCatz stick)))

ZBEP likes this.
  11. ZBEP

ZBEP Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ZBEP

MY stick D:
    IM GETTING IT BACK NEXT TIME! >:{

Anyways, I agree with all Lyama said; we had alot of fun taking part in the Circut ) Thanks for your work, Akai! I'm hype for the second season )

ryanwalter likes this.
  12. ryanwalter

ryanwalter Member

I also want to say thank you for the work done Akai. I think many people were convinced that in Russia also know and can play in VF. And this is just the beginning-)

ZBEP likes this.
  13. SNAKE BOSS

Its good to have Russian players in virtua fighter, me being originally from Russia and I speak Russian too. So if any of you my comrades want to practice online then let me know.

14. SNAKE BOSS

We need a Russian character in VF6 with sambo style.

15. Lyama

Lyama Member

PSN:
    Lyama0_o
    Its more about ping) Anyway, are you have Skype?)

Vanessa its smf like that)

16. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    I will never forgive you, Akai
    :D
    No, now really... I really enjoy the 1st season; only thing I will like to see is "alternative" day. I know it will be hard to do, but I am working in 3-shift 24/7 environment and if I have late shift that day, I can not play at all. If I have night shift, I can play but I need to leave before 9:50 AM - what is about to impossible given the connection issues.
    I will love to have option to participate on some other day in case I was not able to be in on the "main" date. Like monday/tuesday or something like that. Dunno if it is realizable, just saying it should be nice.

17. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    http://virtuafighter.com/threads/tr...icipants-e-brackets-for-special-events.16763/

I tried to accommodate people with schedule conflict, but the overall interest was lacking. The "alternative" day or bracket only happened once for western North America. Hope to have end of the season report out sometime next week.

18. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    Basically I have got lucky that the schedule of tournaments was in conflict with my work only once; and once I was forced to ask other participants to let me play all my matches at once so I can leave to work.
    But with little less luck, I will miss many events because of work; what is something I have no influence upon.

But I can understand that it will just make things more complicated and that most people have weekends free.

19. SNAKE BOSS

Netu. Add me on psn if u want.

20. SilentNephilim

SilentNephilim Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SilentNephilim
    XBL:
    SilentNephilim
    I had alot of fun in the circuit. Though sadly I had to miss the last few events due to getting a new job that had me schedualed for work on those days. I would like to try for season 2 and hopefully I can participate more often.