1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Season 2 - Team Events Plan and Discussion

Discussion in 'VF Circuit' started by akai, May 18, 2013.

1. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Unclear currently. It depends on several things - 1) overall interest and the number of teams made early; 2) my work outside of VF. I am looking at late summer...but still TBD

2. 40i4

40i4 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    mrxliiv
    XBL:
    xliiv360
    This is a grea idea!! I'm in :]

3. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

Sorry if you already answered this question, but how large are the teams?

4. ExzetyXat1

ExzetyXat1 Well-Known Member

" You can have a maximum of 6 people on your season long team roster. A minimum of 3 people are required. This is not changeable until the end of the season. From this point on I will refer this as the "season team")."

Tricky likes this.
  5. SilentNephilim

SilentNephilim Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SilentNephilim
    XBL:
    SilentNephilim
    This defiently sounds interesting and I would love to join in. I just hope I dont have any or at least many conflicts with my work schedual.

6. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    I just want to point out or reemphasize some things:

For those that can't make the scheduled set dates often, you can help support your team by sparring and practicing with them in between events.

For those somewhat shy in participating because of your "skill" level - the overall goal I have is to build and strengthen relationships...camaraderie, rivalries, etc through VF (for better or worse :p).

That is the reason I emphasize choosing people you get along with (be they your regular VF sparring partners, real friends, or someone you want to help improve their VFing). I think there is a greater sense of accomplishment/satisfaction with your successes (winning/improving) with your team. With your failures as a team,each person canto pick each other back up.

Craigbot likes this.
  7. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

I'm in.
    Both creating a team full of killers or a team with some padawans seems exciting :)
    Country teams could be fun too.

One question: Will the points be added if 2 teams from a same season team earn points at an event ? Like if the 2 teams face each other in finals will the "season team" earn both 1st and 2nd place points ? I suppose so but just to make it clear ^^

8. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Yes.

9. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    I'm in. Kinda had to drop out of the last one due to crappy internets. It's much better now. Should people looking for a team post here?

10. DigitlSamurai

DigitlSamurai Well-Known Member

PSN:
    DigitlSamurai
    XBL:
    DgtlSamurai KOF
    I'm in. I have a few teammates in mind.

EvenPit likes this.
  11. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    That is fine. We can use this thread or people can do it in private conversations or whatever works! I will update first post when teams have been made.

...Most likely will make a poll on different methods/formats to get the team format working for online mode.

12. ExzetyXat1

ExzetyXat1 Well-Known Member

Count me in!

13. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Me, you and Ash innit ...Team UK!

Need 3 more people, EU only I guess, skill level doesn't matter. Who wants in?

14. 40i4

40i4 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    mrxliiv
    XBL:
    xliiv360
    I'm looking for a team to join to.
    I have pretty much time and i'm disposible.
    xbox, europe

15. ShinyBrentford

ShinyBrentford Well-Known Member

Before I get all these messages asking me to be on their team, I will do it if you can get STL TM to do it.

16. VF2011

VF2011 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    M-F-B
    Just the thing I need to get me back into VF. Bring on the team tournaments.

If anyone is looking for a player on the east coast I am available.

17. EvenPit

EvenPit Well-Known Member Content Manager Eileen

For the most part we have our Army set in stone; we are ready to kick some online ass.
    Takes no prisoners!!

As for the team name, well I leave that up to "them".

Craigbot likes this.
  18. SilentNephilim

SilentNephilim Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SilentNephilim
    XBL:
    SilentNephilim
    I still need to find a team to join up in. But I guess in the meantime I should sharpen up my skills XP

19. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

@Akai: when is most likely starting the circuit? I'm available only after the sega cup (i have a work contract until then) so if it starts sooner i won't be able to play.

20. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    I am looking at late summer...but still TBD

Edit: If there is enough teams made up early enough, I might ask them to do some test runs, before the actual season begins.

Glad some people already making teams :D