1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Season 2 - Team Events Plan and Discussion

Discussion in 'VF Circuit' started by akai, May 18, 2013.

1. Shinobi

Shinobi Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Spiros_1978
    Maybe we should open a new topic about making teams. But first, we must see how many people will participate in Season 2.

2. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    If it becomes a lot of teams, a new thread can be made. Looking August would be a good month for things to get rolling...

Some quick thoughts -

For XBL League - I am thinking to follow very closely to the VFR format.

For PSN League - to completely take out the PSN specific issues, I am thinking of going for a room-less mode format with flexible time. If going this route with flexible scheduling, each season team is made of 3 people maximum.

Edit: Mister - it is looking to be better to officially have this officially start mid-August

Mister likes this.
  3. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

If you need any help running this at all, then I should be able to help. I know this was an enormous task for you last time and I have enough time on my hands, even it's just helping with the EU side.

I meant to offer a long time ago but slipped my mind :p

4. Tocuh

Tocuh Well-Known Member

Mid-August? :meh:
    I have to submit my bachelor thesis and hold the presentation then. Meanwhile/afterwards I have to search for a new place to stay.

Maybe I can join mid-season?

5. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

I think it's ok to join a team and start playing effectively only after 2 or 3 events. You can just help your team supporting it and giving advices. Also the events will be once or twice per month so no need to worry i guess.

6. Dipstick

Dipstick Well-Known Member

PSN:
    RottenSashimi
    XBL:
    Kumubou
    Am I the only one who thinks team tournaments are a little silly? They make more sense in Japan, but that's only because their tournament format for solo play is just awful.

With that said, why would I want to pee in the punch bowl; it's an excuse to play VF with some friends. I think I already have a PSN team together (especially with the looser format).

akai likes this.
  7. Ytpme_Secaps

Ytpme_Secaps Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Jami San
    This is one padawan that is looking for a team. i would really like to have 2 other teammates that can push me to improve. So any of you "pros" out there want an apt pupil... here i am.

XBL Jami San

Craigbot likes this.
  8. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

I'm also interested in this. I don't think I can team up with our local players (as I'm pretty sure they won't attend). So if anyone needs another scrub on board I'm available. PSN, Europe (Scandinavia).

Shinobi and Tocuh like this.
  9. 40i4

40i4 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    mrxliiv
    XBL:
    xliiv360
    I can give regular matches. Let's say 2 or 3 days a week on fixed days, like: Monday and thursday for example. I prefare evening and i'm from xbl@EU. The session will be for .5 till 1h. This my proposle, but i'm open for suggestion.
    If anyone want to join, send me PM or carrier-pigeon. :D
    We can set up a meeting even today.

10. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    PSN Europe - Team WarmHooorsemilkku (4 members)

I will just update here, until it gets more attention.

11. Wiztick

Wiztick Well-Known Member

PSN:
    WizTick
    hell I'm looking to team with anyone to. make room for the #1 ranked jacky in the world.( I would say universe but they din't hold a tournament like that yet ;D) live in boston massachussets in the good ol U.S. I'm sure I will Destroy have fun with my fellow VFers!

ExzetyXat1 likes this.
  12. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    :D

The whole VF circuit idea is very nice concept, but I am not sure how much I am able to tolerate the realities of online and my crap internet. However, if the events are only like once a month, there exists a possibility that for the event I could go somewhere with better internet.. In any case, I suppose I could give it another go. So if you're thinking about putting together a team, I guess I can come.

ahem; PSN, XBL Europe Scandinavia
    edit: extended to XBL

13. SNAKE BOSS

SNAKE BOSS Well-Known Member

We can team together if you want to and if I actually decide to enter it it depands on my schedule.

14. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Okay two team so far! I am looking to push promotion of the event after Sega Cup Europe. When getting your team together, don't forget 1) to get non-VFDC members registered on the site; 2) new participants in the Circuit to register before the start.

PSN Europe - Team WarmHooorsemilkku (4 members)
    PSN North America - SoCal Scrubs (3 members)

No need to take the time to decide, since anything I organize you will not be able to participate.

kingo and ShinyBrentford like this.
  15. Lézardo

Lézardo Active Member

PSN:
    LezardoLeopardo
    teams battles,well I'm in and I'll check french players to try to build a team...if they want me of course ^^'
    i'll check for a xbox stick to play on both psn and xbox maybe.

16. SNAKE BOSS

SNAKE BOSS Well-Known Member

Why? I dont do any of those things from the past and dont get involved in that foolishness. So you should be able to give a chance to those who have changed. Unless you still holding a grudge for no good reason.

17. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

Yeah akai, he's changed. Instead of pulling he exits the game. Cut him some slack.

ExzetyXat1 likes this.
  18. EvenPit

EvenPit Well-Known Member Content Manager Eileen

Hey lest say I wanted to be a part of 2 teams would that be allowed? Like hypothetically speaking if i had a team with all Eileen people that i was a part of then I'd be apart of another team (same platform xbl) ??

19. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    For the "season" that is roughly following bay area cups...you can only be part of one team.

If we want to do other "special" events - you can make a different team not composed of the same members for those events. So for example, an all Eileen team for a Pre-BT-rip-off type of event. At this moment of time, not in the works.

20. Shinobi

Shinobi Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Spiros_1978
    I want to participate, but I don't have a team. The problem is that I don't know who or how many PSN EU Players will participate in Season 2. So, it would be very helpful to open a new topic to register those who want to participate. That way, it would be easier to form teams.

Tocuh likes this.