1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Sega Dreamcast: Do vga boxes introduce lag?

Discussion in 'General' started by soke, Nov 27, 2015.

1. soke

soke Well-Known Member

Looking into playing a dreamcast on my hdtv or computer monitor. It appears the best option is to go with a vga box. What im wondering is if this will introduce display lag?

2. smbhax

smbhax Well-Known Member

PSN:
    smbhax
    I've used a VGA box on my Dreamcast as well as a standard video out, and haven't noticed one being laggier than the other. I wasn't particularly trying to *measure* them, mind you.

3. YOMI

YOMI not a legendary game designer

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    I've never heard VGA boxes causing lag, 'course doesn't mean it can happen. Most likely though the lag will be purely from your TV/monitor.

4. cruzlink2

cruzlink2 Well-Known Member

The lag could be your tv attempting to upscale the 480P signal coming from the VGA box. Try and turn off any video enhancement setting tour tv might have on the VGA input.

oneida likes this.