1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Shuffle step and you *points finger*

Discussion in 'Jacky' started by BlondieVF5, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Chibiaya

Chibiaya Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Bus Orez
    Do When Can :)

2. BlondieVF5

BlondieVF5 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BLONDIE_hydra
    If you get a chance, ask kamaage which is better from sideturned playing jacky.

4+p,1+p
    or
    snap kick, 3+k

3. Chibiaya

XBL:
    Bus Orez
    Can tell. Iai 3k Better. 4p 1p Better for Keep sideturn. iai 3k Harder respond. Harder deal with crouchers

4. BlondieVF5

PSN:
    BLONDIE_hydra
    There's not too many situations where iai is a bad option.

Here's a flow chart i use from "SLIDE SHUFFLE".

SS+p(+1)guarded, 44+p, p,4+k, OM(if the kick staggers),(if the kick hits backdash 4+k+g), If guarded DTE.

once it's guarded Low punch is out of range, everything else is stuffed.

5. Chibiaya

XBL:
    Bus Orez
    I like, I tend use when side turn oki. Work Really well When people exact Tech. Wake up after Throw neutral also. OM Wake up miss. Sideturn situation. If no wake up. Still good position slide shuffle stuff if you want.

6. BlondieVF5

PSN:
    BLONDIE_hydra
    With exact tech, they start crouched no? SS+p on sideturn could be brutal >=).

Does p,4+k side turned crumple???!?!?!

7. Chibiaya

XBL:
    Bus Orez
    Yes, That is What means

Blondie: no crumple, longer stagger side turn counter

8. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Does this mean that if Akira wants to use 2P+K+G from the side to break your block and try the guaranteed damage, Jacky can 4P+K+G and sabaki the guard break? (SS P btw leads to guaranteed combo with iaigeri followup) Sounds feasible since the sabaki window of 4P+K+G starts immediately.

EDIT: Yes it does. Akiras 2P+K+G is caught by Jackys 4P+K+G midpunch sabaki. I deleted my original message until I tested and it works. I thought it was an elbow but apparently it isn't.

editx2: I cant post anything here for fear of making a mistake since you reply in FUCKING SECONDS. :mad:

9. BlondieVF5

PSN:
    BLONDIE_hydra
    I may have to add akira 2+p+k+g sabaki to arsenal.

Here's a wild notion, can you Slideshuffle Option select, SSTE?

adding that to my notes on things to try out

10. Chibiaya

XBL:
    Bus Orez
    Yes Can do! Weird and Hard imo but yes can do

11. BlondieVF5

PSN:
    BLONDIE_hydra

against akira very worthwhile if sideturned or waking up.

12. Chibiaya

XBL:
    Bus Orez
    Yes. I need to do more of!

13. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

You come to see me in Washington.

Few things:

1) I played some games a few days ago with a Jacky that had 'blonde' in their name, and if it was you, you were so easy to beat I trolled you in the end (trashed your health then just used defensive options and let the time run out instead of finishing you off, just for the lols 'cos you were so easy).

2) Being able to beat someone at a fighting game doesn't mean you're right or wrong about something. You could be better than I am at playing the game but still be wrong about something.

3) How does the fact that a person doesn't have the time/money to be able to travel up and down the country make any difference on the validity of their argument? I could be broke and unable to travel. I could have a wife, two children, and a full-time job and be unable to spend the time travelling around.

4) Quoting yourself and then going off on a tirade is lol (and not in a good way).

5) Stop trying to force your opinion down everyone's throat. You made a thread stating how you don't like slide shuffle - I tell you I disagree, so you start with this nonsense about odds and poker and... what? I get it - you don't like Slide Shuffle. I do, I find it useful, and it has many applications. Throwing out your one-size-fits-all 'zomg Japaneez vidz' and name-dropping isn't impressing anyone, but since you seem to jizz your pants at the first mention of anything Asian, here're some results after a whopping 15 minutes of research (which is all your drivel is really worth):

Now, I can't read Japanese one bit, so I've no idea who these guys are, but you can tell by the way they move that they're pretty strong and know what they're doing.

Skip to 6:35. Classic example of the use of 2KK from Slide Shuffle. Knocks down on normal hit and beats standing guard. Don't try to give me any bullshit about being able to guard that on reaction.

Move the slider a whopping 5 seconds forward and you see Slide Shuffle > Ducking used as a nice way to close the gap and get close again.

Three more seconds later? Low backfist > Slide Shuffle > Ducking > Fire Darts (adv on guard) > Throw. Nice example of using SS to maintain pressure.

From the knockdown generated from the previous throw, he uses Slide Shuffle Ducking again to keep the Wolf player guessing what's coming and maintains pressure.

In fact, that entire round was pretty much dominated by Slide Shuffle options, and this was from ZOMG JAPAN /CUMINMYPANTS!

Next round of the same fight - another SS > 2KK for the knockdown on normal hit.

At 7:36, you see him use the high full-circular in SS, and yet again get a knockdown with 2KK. Still not seeing any of this guard on reaction crap.

7:57, another SS > Ducking, this time, instead of using the Fire Darts, he predicts his opponent will remember him doing it from last time, and elbow-swords him into the wall.

Watch the next Jacky that comes along in the same video (the one that looks like Bruce Lee). He uses SS a lot less (and when he does, he never uses the lows). He does a lot worse than the guy who was using it.

Here's another one:

Again, I don't know who this is but it has Japanese text so it should keep your vagina nice and moist.

Skip to 9:52. You'll see yet another SS > 2KK to score the knockdown. Again, not guarded on reaction.

11:04, Slide Shuffle > Ducking > Throw. another example of simple yet effective use of SS.

11:10, high full-circular > SS > 2KK = more free knockdowns on normal hit.

13:39. Uses the back-stepping movement of the SS to cause Vanessa's short-range attacks to whiff, then gets himself a nice big combo from the mid attacks. Ironically, it's pretty much the only successful thing he does all match. The Vanessa player seemed really really strong.

21:55. Free combo after using the SS to cause Blaze to whiff.

22:03. Free knockdown from the SS 2KK.

And before you come back with a load of videos showing a Jacky using SS and it not working, don't bother: no one's claiming it's some kind of god-move or that it never fails - I'm pointing out to you that even in ZOMG JAPANZ, SS is used, used often, and grants good returns.

Done with you.

BlackGeneral and Eff Dot Doug like this.
  14. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    I used to spam Shuffle Step like you but then i took an arrow in the knee.

15. Chefboy_OB

Chefboy_OB Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Truewiseman
    That is Kaibutsu, the best Vanessa in da world yo. 2 cents from a dude:

Use whatever you like as long as it works. Variety is the spice of life.

BlackGeneral, Eff Dot Doug and Genzen like this.
  16. Lucky_GT

Lucky_GT Well-Known Member

Uh...I don't think you guys understand Jacky's side shuffle. Side shuffle is very strong in FS. But like anything else, you can't spam it and I'm not sure why you would want to. It has a lot of uses.

BlackGeneral, Chefboy_OB and Genzen like this.
  17. Chibiaya

XBL:
    Bus Orez
    love when generalize =\. I know it is good =\

18. Lucky_GT

Lucky_GT Well-Known Member

I skimmed the thread in like a minute. Just my general sentiments.

19. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

People need to read more and emote less.

20. BlondieVF5

PSN:
    BLONDIE_hydra
    If you were to simply state the obvious.

Slide shuffle moves in 1 direction, cannot be cancelled, has 12 options out of it.

From standing guard: you have 4 directions(not counting CD fwrd and CD back) to move, you can cancel 2 of them, and use 387264327648234836 moves from that position. Oh yes, and you can throw...

I agree totally, in FS slide shuffle is GODLY compared to his earlier versions. Still gimmicy though IMO