1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Shuffle step and you *points finger*

Discussion in 'Jacky' started by BlondieVF5, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Zekiel

Zekiel Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Zekiel-_
    This is y your wrong again. Um you can use SS by itself. you dont have to use after a string. Duh? Did u not read what i said? It does beat wake up. If the opponent does a side roll then wake up a timed SS will crush it. It beats In place wake up as well. For Back roll no. So yea Ik wat im talking about. But yes using alot after string is not smart. ETE can beat Ducking options but it doesnt mean you'll always guess correctly. Stop thinking you know everything more then everyone else here. Your not the only player who mains jacky and used him 4 a long time.:cool:

2. Genesis

Genesis Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Genesis Malakh
    What? Why would the optional crouch dash not count as a cancel? Sure, hitting 33 from SS makes different moves available, but it still could be considered a cancel out of the backstep portion of Slide Shuffle, if nothing else.

3. Happy_Friend

Happy_Friend Well-Known Member

Haha... I was totally emoting. I have always hated the Spam Shuffle... But I do actually think it isn't very good. Maybe Blondie goes too far, but who am I to say; unlike him, I have never had a spiritual/sexual experience on a mountaintop with the VF Gods.

I will say that I have not personally encountered any guys who show how awesomely powerful the SS is. I wonder if the posters on here really kick a lot of ass with it or if they are the VFDC equivalent of studio gangsters (which we all know there are a lot of).

nou and GodEater like this.
  4. BlondieVF5

BlondieVF5 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BLONDIE_hydra
    A cancel is immediate, and can be followed by guard after. You'll find by pressing 33 after SS you are not cancelling it.

I assure you, I do not know more than everyone else.

You can use SS without using a string? Show me this demonic gameplay, I am in disbelief.

5. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

LMAO!!! you play on PSN right?

6. Eff Dot Doug

Eff Dot Doug Member

PSN:
    FameDouglas
    I thought 4+P+K+G goes right into Slide Shuffle.

7. Zekiel

Zekiel Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Zekiel-_
    LOL!!!! Are you a scrub? Um? 4P+K+G? You talk about SS and you dont even know that? LOL!!!! Im done.

Genzen likes this.
  8. YOMI

YOMI not a legendary game designer

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    Maybe a bit off topic, but what moves does the 4P+K+G sabaki take? From what I tried in practice yesterday it didn't even sabaki basic P, nor basic 6P elbow.

9. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

Mid punches is all it gets, as far as I'm aware. I haven't really found many situations where it's worth trying to use for its sabaki properties though, 'cos you leave yourself open to too many other things. Might be good to try if you see your opponent trying a mid punch from the same situation each and every time.

Genesis likes this.
  10. Chibiaya

Chibiaya Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Bus Orez
  11. Matsu-asashi

Matsu-asashi Member

PSN:
    Matsu-asashi
    SS can sabaki mid punchs.A good way to use SS for me is after k+g guarded,you can delay the triggering of the stance,if you press 4 at the moment the opponent recovers from guard the range is perfect to avoid attempts to interrupt it with a fast poke like P 2P or middle.In this situation with a good timing and read you can almost use any tools of Jacky from SS.

Another thing ,i Believe that the crouch dash can be canceled with G acting almost like a CDFG.SS is very situational, throwing it blindlessly from basics strings is not the best idea but from my experience it's not useless.CD from SS is the safest at close range from strings imho,and 4PKG a zoning tool.Even a fast input 4PKG P is guaranteed after a side CH 6PK near a wall.

To summarize strings SS>side 4PKG >zoning/sabakis for swag. Fastest input SS P>for CH and from side.