1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

SOA Announces VF5!

Discussion in 'News' started by ice-9, Jul 19, 2006.

By ice-9 on Jul 19, 2006 at 3:44 AM
  1. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Sega of America PR:

As you may have heard, Virtua Fighter 5 on the Lindbergh arcade has recently made its debut in Japan. Very exciting stuff!

To celebrate the Lindbergh release, as well as to provide you with more awesome assets from SEGA's premiere fighting game we are going to be releasing a series of arcade movies over the next couple of months - starting today at 5:00pm - for you and your readers to enjoy. These arcade movies are intended to show fans a sampling of the gorgeous nature of the game - namely the characters and the environments... these are from the Lindbergh game but you can bet SEGA's PS 3 version will be just as amazing and gorgeous!

Virtua Fighter 5 for the PS 3 is currently under development and is slated for release next spring 2007.

Please feel free to use these new arcade movies. And as always please let me know if you have any questions and/or need further information at this point. Otherwise, enjoy!

http://segapr.segaamerica.com/

To go to the VF5 area, click Games > Virtua Fighter 5. Click on "Movies" for the clips.

SEGA Virtua Fighter PR Movies

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by ice-9, Jul 19, 2006.

1. ice-9
      ice-9
      Hmm, some pretty uninspired play from Shun, Aoi, and Kage players. They're not bad...clearly they know how to play...but not exactly great either. I wonder why SOA doesn't just take some of the matches recorded in Japan. I think, say, Joe's Lei Fei vs. Jin's Kage would have a much bigger impact than what is currently being distributed!
    2. Brisal73
      Brisal73
      F the videos just release the game for U.S. arcades
    3. OAG_3K
      OAG_3K
      [ QUOTE ]
      EL_Brisal73 said:

F the videos just release the game for U.S. arcades

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree it's all about releasing the game in North American arcades
    4. GoDokunoDan
      GoDokunoDan
      Ill take Ps3 version thanks. Or we can arrange a hijacking of their rental VF5 machines.
    5. BK__
      BK__
      on the last clip, ~~ i noticed kage was getting 2 kinds of techrolls:

one which looked slower and made a thump sound

the other which had no sound and seemed faster (perfect TR?) however it seemed to occur during air floats and knockdowns rather than special situations.

did anybody else see this??~

mabye in VF5 you can perfect TR whenever you want~ and slight damage is decreased / get less disadvantage? mabye?