1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Some Eileen Questions

Discussion in 'Eileen' started by Genzen, Jul 10, 2012.

1. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    1PK is the best easy post bound option imo. Gives really good oki and is extremely reliable in just about all situations.

Tricky likes this.
  2. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

They both work after the last hit of 6P+KPP? That first hit seems like it'd be too high to scrape off the ground.

3. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

it seems like it would miss but it doesn't. 1PK is my preferred combo ender

4. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

1pk works from that too? I like that one 'cos it's so easy, but I didn't even think to try that 'cos of the range. Do you have to dash-in a bit first?

5. Tricky

Not sure off hand. I've never had to. I'd just try it and if it doesn't work then either try dashing. But i've never needed to dash ever. It's like the most stable combo ender post bound.

6. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

6P+KPP isn't a bound though, is it? It's just that weird 'falling over' thing.

7. Tricky

well if in the situation you've been using 3P>214K+G, then probably most of her post bound moves will work since that's a post bound move already. Like in terms of how I categorize moves during combos, typically you can replace any post bound most (with eileen anyway), and just make adjustments based on the weight of the character. Honestly just try these combo enders out, If it works then great, if they don't then well maybe that combo might not be the right one to use.

I don't really use that combo so I can't say one way or another. Just make sure the numbers aren't going green on the combo counter and you're fine.

8. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

Yeah, what you're saying makes sense usually, the thing is, with the 6P+KPP thing, the reason that 3P is the only one that seems to work is that it has enough range and speed as well as being low enough and allow for cancel moves. None of the others seem to have this exact blend needed to work. Or I could just be bad and be messing it up.

9. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    After the 3rd hit of 6P+KPP against most characters i use 6PPK. Again, very good oki.

10. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

Doesn't that only work in one stance or something? I remember trying it when I was first playing her, and I thought there was some kind of problem with it only working at certain points or on certain people or something. Might be remembering wrongly...

11. Tipzntrix

Tipzntrix Well-Known Member

Linking 2P after P+KPP actually makes it easier to hit 6PPK after the 2P, and you're right, it only works in closed stance even without the 2P as far as I know and what the combo wiki says.

EDIT: You should be able to get all the way to the last K regardless of stance though, the K whiffs in open.

12. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

Yeah, I still can't find anything better than 3P, 214K+G. It's just hard to get that 3P on time online, which is annoying 'cos it's really easy in dojo - lag just kills it. It depends what mood I'm in as to what I do: if I'm feeling like I want to play properly and just eat the fact that online screws up some things, then I'll use the combo; if I'm feeling like I'm sick of trying something that just isn't working, I resort to the easy mode 6K to get at least something from it.

13. Tricky

This is what I do in similar situations. use easier combos

14. Tricky

15. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

Thanks for the responses. It kinda seemed like you were answering the combos in reverse - I was first telling you what I found by looking up on the combo list, and then was going on to explain what I personally preferred. It seemed like you were thinking I was wanting to use the combo I first listed but that I wasn't sure about it, when in fact, I was wanting to use the subsequent combos and wasn't sure about those. Not much of an issue as you covered what I needed for most of them anyway - I just didn't want you to think I was so ignorant/lazy as to be asking if combos that are already listed on the combo list were in fact viable - I was asking if the things I'd found instead were viable. Hopefully that makes sense...

Regarding Jinrai Santen ( [6][P]+[K][P][P] ), I was actually just doing [3][P], [2][1][4][K][G] (I wasn't repeating the 'staple' after landing the hit that starts the combo). I didn't realise you could do the 'staple' in both stances like that.

The heavyweight combo from [9][K] is useful to know - I was just doing the Zenk K and not following up with anything if it didn't bounce, but I'd rather use yours that will work in both stances on the fatties, since it's an on-average gain (assuming 50/50 stances, getting the full combo half the time and having to end at Zenk K the other half).

For Enkou Toutou ( [3][P]+[K] ), you say to use it when I know the opponent will attack high. In that case, isn't [4][6][P] a better option? Works on a normal hit as well (good for recovery counters) and is safe on guard too.

16. Tricky

The difference is the 3P+K is a low attack while the 46P is a high. They can duck launch you if you whiff the 46P, but they can do no such thing if they duck (read: low blow) your 3P+K. It's much safer basically.

I went through the combos stuff kinda as a read it in order. While trying to make it so that folks who didn't read your post would still gain something from it too. So it's kinda simplified while still adding some new info.

17. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

Yep, I'll definitely utilise the advice when I go back to her. I tend always to feel like 'the grass is greener on the other side' when it comes to characters. When I play Jacky, I feel like Eileen is better because she can deal with high-guard better and has more evasive moves, but then when I play Eileen I feel like Jacky is better because he has more damage and isn't as susceptible to evades. Playing Goh at the moment, and it's noticeable that he hasn't really got any strings or continued attacks and he's a lot slower than the other two.

18. Daydream

Daydream Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Daydream CE
    What's the difference between this thread and the general Eileen thread? The premises seems to be the same except that this thread is just for Genzen's questions and the general thread for everybody else's. Can't we integrate them somehow?

19. Tricky

I dunno how to meld them. I think only the proper mods can actually do that.

20. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

I don't think there was a general Eileen thread when I made this thread originally. Can merge 'em if you want.