1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Some Eileen Questions

Discussion in 'Eileen' started by Genzen, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

Though I guess this thread is specifically elated to questions about eileen. The regular eileen thread is just about her in general. Like tech or something can go in there. This is more a focused thingy.

2. Daydream

Daydream Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Daydream CE
    I don't see any such difference between the two. But as Genzen put it, the general thread wasn't up yet when he made this, wich makes sense. I didn't look at the dates. However, I do believe both threads have tha same practical use, and that is to ask questions about Eileen that doesn't fit in the more focused threads, or if you have a bunch of different questions that you want to post at the same time (and not separately spread them in other threads)

3. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

One question, when should I use 236P instead of 9P? More damage combo?

4. Tricky

When you can cancel into it or when you're sure someone is in blocking mode. Like after 6P+KP or 4P+K or 4K+G in descending order of being a good place to be using it. Mix it up with 214K and you got a nasty mixup. If they don't tech you get a free 6P+KPP combo after 236P, if they do tech your 6P+KP can be timed to become a meaty setup.

5. Dennis0201

meaty sounds good here. If I want to hit opponents 2P, should I use 236P or 9P is better option??

6. Tricky

it depends on what they are 2ping after. she is plus on block in one case and not the other.

7. Dennis0201

Is there any guarantee punishment once evade her 236P and 9P? I don't know why I believe 9P is better. :)

8. Tricky

you can launch her after evading both even if she's +9. 9P is only better if you are unable to cancel into 236P. Take home message is if you can cancel into 236P and you think someone might 2P or block then do it. If you're sure they gonna block 236P, if you're sure they're going to 2P, like 100 % sure then 9P. 236P is just not an option to beat 2P unless you're canceling into it.

I can't make the point any more clear without saying cancel cancel cancel anymore.

Dennis0201 likes this.
  9. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    9P will jump from the very first frame but i'm sure 236P doesn't. Though they both have the same total frames, i'm pretty sure 9P is slightly safer on evade as the opponent has to wait until the 2nd hit before they push a button. It is still most likely launch punishable on evade (-14 or better), but the window is smaller.

Dennis0201 likes this.
  10. EvenPit

EvenPit Well-Known Member Content Manager Eileen

I have I quick question for Eileen's 214P+KK I might just be being delusional here but in dojo mode I do 214P+KK on CH to the computer then I do 9K right after and 9K sould register as a CH but I get NH every time. I did this on Wolf,Kage,Akira,Taka,Lion,Lei. I can't seem to get a counter hit 9K after a counter hit 214P+KK? And thie hit do register as separate hits so...??

11. MarlyJay

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    2 questions; what frame does the 9K connect on and how are you setting this up (CPU settings)?

12. EvenPit

The only thing I change was I set the cpu to Counter Hit, and 9K hits as 20 Frames from that range after I did 214P+KK. Im just not sure why it hits NH and not CH. I tried to test this myself but it doesn't work on Eileen the 9K wont reach her.

13. PKGJimmy

PKGJimmy Active Member

PSN:
    PKG48EILEEN
    XBL:
    JimmyPKG
    vs Taka

14. Tricky

236P doesn't crush lows from the first frame like 9P does. You still get +4 (think it's that much, could be +3) on hit so you can continue to pressure him. Just no knockdown. Those two moves aren't really interchangeable in my eyes.

15. GrizzlyTrollton

GrizzlyTrollton Well-Known Member

I know this place is super dead but I'm going to post anyway.

So Eileen's [6][P][+][G] [6] throw, I know [P][P][6][P] is guaranteed after it but it seems [P][+][K][P][K] is too and leaves you at +4 after dealing 45 dmg.
    Also, against Taka, Jeffery, and Wolf, [P][+][K][P][+][K][P][K] is guaranteed too without any special conditions AFAIK and that's 61 dmg and leaving you at +4.

So it's safe to assume that [P][+][K] is the best option for her after this throw right? Just want to make sure I'm not missing something.

I honestly don't use this throw much and I'm pretty sure it would be pretty easy to drop this online but I still like to think about it.

16. EvenPit

Eileen's 6P+G 6 (8) (2) throw is all about establishing ring position and creating down time for you to think through your next move(s), however the followup P+K,P,K is not guaranteed at all, your opponent can avoid the P+K.

Best option after the 6P+G 6 throw is 3P cancel into 214K+G this is guaranteed on all characters except Taka (because he can use Armor), and Aoi (because she can reverse evade dance) (whatever you want to call it) and punish your whiffed 214K+G

If you absolutely have to change ring position/sides or just need downtime then this throw is good, but if its not absolutely necessary and especially if you're up against Taka or Aoi (keep an eye out on Jacky too) and (online keep an eye out for Lau and Shun), then just don't hold the 6 and just take the damage. It creates quite a bit of space between you as well.

17. GrizzlyTrollton

Ah, I get it. P+K isn't guaranteed because it's a high basically. Thanks for heads up. Pretty new to the game so I'm still figuring things out. Definitely overlooked the possibility of ducking (honestly, I don't know why I didn't think of that). I was testing it out in the Dojo while changing settings and it seemed like it worked. Ah well. As for the guaranteed follow up, I like the positioning of the knockdown so I'll definitely be keeping that in mind.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
    EvenPit likes this.
  18. EvenPit

No problem, if yu have any more questions about Eileen match ups just post them Ill do my best to answer. I still have a few tricks I haven't even used myself.

GrizzlyTrollton likes this.
  19. MarlyJay

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    3P 214K+G isn't guaranteed against Jacky either. He can make the 3P a front normal hit with slide shuffle so 214K+G won't combo. Use 3PP against him.

Tricky, EvenPit and GrizzlyTrollton like this.
  20. GrizzlyTrollton

Can I get some general opinions on the Wolf vs Eileen match up? I get eaten alive whenever I fight one. Granted, it is online and on PSN on top of that, but damn. Whenever I do get a hit, I can't seem to compete with him in terms of damage output. God help me if it's a taco/octo cage stage. And with his weight, launchers don't yield much on him as they do other characters. The fight seems difficult but I can only imagine online is a reason why it feels harder than it really might be.