1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Some Lau questions

Discussion in 'Lau' started by ThatDarnMoose, Mar 1, 2008.

1. ThatDarnMoose

ThatDarnMoose Member

I use the 360 controller so I'm limited a bit on what I can actually pull off consistently. Namely /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif because a diagonal comes out sometimes for some reason.

So what I want to know is can /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/uf.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif or /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif replace it in certain situations where /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif could be used effectively? The /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif guard break for example. The ver.c command list doesn't list the attack as far as I can see, unless I missed it.

Also, what do you guys think is the best option if an opponent fails to tech /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif? I've just been doing /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif but I feel like it's such a big waste of potential. Thanks.

2. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

9P is listed in the jumping attacks section. It's speed is not determined though. However it's not as fast as 46P so using it after guard break will not work against an average struggling opponent who guards high.
    9P has 3 main uses:
    -Reverse nitaku (anti clash) against throws
    -Anti low P
    -Safe on block mid attack that discourage pepople from crouching too much.

46P is more a whiff punisher and a way to punsh < -14 moves.
    After 2K+G (no tech): 44P K+G or crouch dash while standing K work.

3. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

Lau really doesn't have anything that is a replacement speed wise for /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif as a combo launcher. You will just have to practice pulling it off.

4. KowtowRobinson

KowtowRobinson Well-Known Member

Standard controllers are only gonna get worse for fighters as time goes on. They've already been steadily declining in quality. If you're into fighters, it's worth it more than ever now to start looking into playing stick.

5. LiuKowloon

LiuKowloon Member

Is Lau really dying? So who is going to replace Lau who is eventually dead, I mean new characters like a boxer or silat fighter? The next installment maybe bring back the Arab fighter named Siba and a new Chinese character fight with Drunken Fist and 5 fist of animal including Tiger, Dragon, Phoenix, Panther and Snake etc... base on Jackie Chan call Sing Lung, since Shun retire after World Fighting Tournament 5. Or maybe, Pai learn Koen Ken from Lau before he dies, Lei Fei steal the Koen Ken scroll from Lau secret's temple in China, maybe a new legendary character?

6. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    Yes.

7. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

Sad. And here I thought someone actually had something to discuss about Lau for a change.
    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The next installment maybe bring back the Arab fighter named Siba</div></div>
    The Who?

8. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    The Who? </div></div>

A character that was dropped from the cast before VF1.

9. social_ruin

social_ruin Well-Known Member

lots for me to ask about here. First, Legendary character? Like how?
    I don't want lei fei to steal lau's style, unless....yes, i could simply have a lau stance with lau, excellent. Are u suggesting a shun desciple with 5 news stlyes? And why is everyone assuming a character named Sing Lung.

10. Happy_Friend

Happy_Friend Well-Known Member

The Immortal

Lau will never die.

11. LiuKowloon

LiuKowloon Member

Legendary character based on real life Mizongyi practitioner and Wushu master(Huo YuanJia 霍元甲)as potray by Jet Li from Fearless and a Chinese martial art of Wing Chun (Ip Man 葉問), the grandmaster of Bruce Lee. Maybe SEGA wants legendary character introduce to the game. Yes, Sing Lung( 新龍 which means new dragon) is a young student fighter who had been abducted by J6. Sing Lung fights with incredible Jackie Chan's Drunken Fist and Wu Xing Fist(the 5 animal style e.g Snake, Crane, Tiger, Dragon, Panther and etc.) He bears a similar appearance like Jackie Chan. He will be in the next installment of Virtua Fighter 6 replacing Shun Di because, Shun is old and retire after World Fighting Tournament 5.

12. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

Lau is a bad, bad man.
    A very, very bad man.

I think they should kill Lau off but have his ghost still fight in VF6. That way VF can compete with Tekken and their zombies and cyborgs. VF6 could be the first 3D fighting game with a ghost as a character.

13. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    I think Tekken Tag beat everybody to it with Unknown though /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

14. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member