1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Southern California VF Community

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Brisal73, Feb 15, 2012.

1. IcKY99

IcKY99 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IcKY99
    XBL:
    IcKYIcKY
    I can't stand orange county so I'll be waiting for Watson and super arcade and probably won't ever go to Valle's wnf

SoulTruth2013 likes this.
  2. IcKY99

IcKY99 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IcKY99
    XBL:
    IcKYIcKY
    I'm going to be at Round 1 peunte hills. at 9pm if anyone wants to mash on fs. I'll split at 10 if no one else plays

3. cruzlink2

cruzlink2 Well-Known Member

I was in that fucking mall 3 times last year icky thx for not telling me Fs was there.

Kamais_Ookin likes this.
  4. IcKY99

IcKY99 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IcKY99
    XBL:
    IcKYIcKY
    It's been here since may last year bitch

Kamais_Ookin likes this.
  5. cruzlink2

cruzlink2 Well-Known Member

Exactly bitch...

6. Ni8wing

Ni8wing Member

image.jpeg

Hi my name is Don and I'm very interested in trying to start a Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown scene in my garage arcade. The setup is in the Xbox 360 in H2H Delta Cabs. It looks and feels great. I just wanna up the level of Virtua Fighter 5 skill at my place. Yes I know it's difficult but I wanna try.

7. IcKY99

IcKY99 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IcKY99
    XBL:
    IcKYIcKY
    where in cali?

8. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

Thank you for opening your doors to the local vf scene. Good luck on building your VFR.

9. Ni8wing

Ni8wing Member

Thanks for the encouragement guys.

I'm on the border of Torrance/Carson (Los Angeles area) right behind the 110 freeway near between Alpine Village and Harbor UCLA medical center. Main Street is Vermont.

If anyone is interested text me at 310 344 9367

I hold gatherings in my garage every Friday from 8pm to 3am. In addition to this VF5 machine I also have 14 other machines but they all have Street Fighter. Our main game here in 3S. But I've been trying to have a VF5 on and off for the last three years. So I wanna try this again especially with this Xbox 360 arcade setup.

We have a good solid dedicated 3S scene for years but my hope was also to have a solid dedicated VF5 scene. I always admired VF as a great fighting game but it's always difficult establishing one but I always keep trying.

10. IcKY99

IcKY99 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IcKY99
    XBL:
    IcKYIcKY
    OOOOOOOOOOOH so your THAT don? i heard a lot about "Dons Garage" some vsav guys come through a lot right? Cool man well im definitely interested, especially if people play old games too.

SoulTruth2013, BLACKSTAR and adamYUKI like this.
  11. IcKY99

IcKY99 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IcKY99
    XBL:
    IcKYIcKY
    SoulTruth2013 and adamYUKI like this.
  12. IcKY99

IcKY99 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IcKY99
    XBL:
    IcKYIcKY
  13. IcKY99

IcKY99 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IcKY99
    XBL:
    IcKYIcKY
  14. Ni8wing

Ni8wing Member

Everyone come on over. Everyone is invited. All are welcome. I charge $5 per person but if you're only gonna play VF5 I'll let VF players in for free for now because I wanna try to grow this VF scene. I'm having a gathering tomorrow between 8pm to 3am.

Text me if you're interested: 310 344 9367.

SoulTruth2013 and IcKY99 like this.
  15. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Thanks for getting in touch with us Don! I just messaged you. I'm happy to meet and play with you fellas. Although tomorrow is short notice, i'll try to make it for an hour or two after work.

16. Ni8wing

Ni8wing Member

Tonight we shall have a gathering from 8pm to 3am. Anyone and everyone is invited. The more the merrier. I'll be going around to ask for the $5 E Fee so please have it ready when I ask. Anyone new who wishes to join us please text me at 310 344 9367.

Remember if you're just playing Virtua Fighter you don't have to pay. I'm trying to slowly grow the VF community here and get everyone acquainted. I do these arcade gatherings every week on Friday. So if you can't make it tonight, you can make it next week or any week after. For me the goal is consistency.

Hope to see y'all tonight:)

17. VFhayato

VFhayato Well-Known Member

Make it adam! support VF! NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and also congrats to Night! boy! I'm happy someone is also doing this as well! don't give up and keep going! even if 2 people show up that's fine! keep putting yourself out there and let people know everyday in till they say "ok! lets do this!"

18. Ni8wing

Ni8wing Member

So unfortunately we didn't get any VF players last night but it's all good. I understand that I'm new to the VF community and this is a process so I look forward to meeting you guys.

My goal is not really to have the biggest VF gathering every Friday but only to have a steady following. I don't mind if we get only 2-4 players consistently joining us. I would be greatful if we could have even one player every Friday who is really solid just to show us the way. So I'm cool with whatever. Just as long as we're progressing and improving.

Also if you guys/gals play other games we have good competition for SFV, 3S, ST, and some nights Vampire Savior and CVS2. It was crowded for those games last night. Where we are lacking is a VF5 culture here lol. But I understand reality. VF5 is a very niche game and it's mainly really played hardcore in Japan. I appreciate VF and I want to add more class and culture to my place and it don't get more classy and cultured than VF.

So hopefully I will meet some of you next Friday or one of these Friday's:)

19. Ni8wing

Ni8wing Member

Virtua Fighter is very strict like Super Turbo. I'm learning commands and its strict as hell lol.

20. Ni8wing

Ni8wing Member

So tomorrow we have a gathering between 8pm-3am. Everyone is invited. The more the merrier. Text me at 310 344 9367 if you're interested.