1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Southern California VF Community

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Brisal73, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Ni8wing

Ni8wing Member

Tonight we shall have a gathering from 8pm to 3am. Anyone and everyone is invited. The more the merrier. I'll be going around to ask for the $5 E Fee so please have it ready when I ask. Anyone new who wishes to join us please text me at 310 344 9367.

Remember if you're just playing Virtua Fighter you don't have to pay. I'm trying to slowly grow the VF community here and get everyone acquainted. I do these arcade gatherings every week on Friday. So if you can't make it tonight, you can make it next week or any week after. For me the goal is consistency.

Hope to see y'all tonight:)

Kruza and VFhayato like this.
  2. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

Just a thought, but you might stream in the future, so we the unlucky ones can enjoy too.

SoCal please represent.

3. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    No one's going to show up, you're 5 years too late sir.

steelbaz likes this.
  4. Stl_Tim

Get off your asses SoCal and accept this man's invitation. I only wish someone in my area would open their arms with a fully loaded arcade style setup and players that might be eager to learn.

If you love vf make the time!

Ni8wing likes this.
  5. Ni8wing

Ni8wing Member

Tonight we shall have a gathering from 8pm to 3am. Anyone and everyone is invited. The more the merrier. I'll be going around to ask for the $5 E Fee so please have it ready when I ask. Anyone new who wishes to join us please text me at 310 344 9367.

Remember if you're just playing Virtua Fighter you don't have to pay. I'm trying to slowly grow the VF community here and get everyone acquainted. I do these arcade gatherings every week on Friday. So if you can't make it tonight, you can make it next week or any week after. For me the goal is consistency.

6. Ni8wing

Ni8wing Member

Ya I know it might be too late and it's a long shot.

But since I hold fighting game arcade gatherings every Friday anyway might as well get Virtua Fighter involved.

For the love of the game:)

Dennis0201 likes this.
  7. cruzlink2

cruzlink2 Well-Known Member

So no one is shown up to this yet?

8. Phoxx

Phoxx Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Phoxx__
    XBL:
    Phoxx 3D
    I'll probably start showing up to this if I get a free Friday -- you still doing it this coming Friday?

oneida and Ni8wing like this.
  9. Ni8wing

Ni8wing Member

No one has showed up for VF5 so far. But it's ok I'll stick with it.

I mean here we still play 3S a lot for years and there's not many communities in So Cal today that play 3S. So I can't see why not we can't have a few who play VF5.

But yes I'm having a gathering tomorrow.

10. Ni8wing

Ni8wing Member

oneida likes this.
  11. SoulTruth2013

SoulTruth2013 Well-Known Member

I would come out but it's not the same anymore. I used to host VF at UGC and we had 4-7 people come and play. But now the arcade is closed and it's not coming back.

Not many of us from SoCal comes out anymore.

12. Ni8wing

Ni8wing Member

I get some UGC ppl here. But no one yet for vf5.

13. SoulTruth2013

Where is the place?

14. SoulTruth2013

So if OFFLINE VF is impossible, You can do ONLINE VF. I will come out of retirement to go on player matches for that.
    We can make an online party and invite people who wants to jump in. That's the only way we get people to start playing. I know @Phoxx @daRockReaper @Valakrie @adamYUKI @SeveredShogun
    @SNAKE BOSS would be down and play if they want to. There may be others who can jump in too.

With the UGC, I have had a good time, but now SoCal VF offline is dead. So what do you think? Do online.

15. SNAKE BOSS

SNAKE BOSS Well-Known Member

You can try online but if its in a room match on psn it can get very laggy. I do not really play much online anymore. If you have xbl let me know because I can do matches on there sometimes. I might do 1 on 1 on psn too.

steelbaz likes this.
  16. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

Are there still riverside gatherings?

17. Stl_Tim

Anyone ever go to this guys awesome garage arcade yet??

18. Phoxx

Phoxx Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Phoxx__
    XBL:
    Phoxx 3D
    I'm going tonight!

19. Phoxx

Phoxx Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Phoxx__
    XBL:
    Phoxx 3D
    Tried going to Don's, but I can't play VF on stick and there's apparently a strict 'no pad' rule. Too bad, would have been fun to play some offline VF again.

20. leftylizard

leftylizard Well-Known Member

XBL:
    blue mouthwash
    Are you serious:cautious:? Why would they force people to play a specific way? Whatever you feel comfortable with is what matters.