1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Southern California VF Community

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Brisal73, Feb 15, 2012.

1. phanatik

phanatik Well-Known Member

XBL:
    I phanatik I
    TOO MUCH AWESOMENESS! I wish I could partake!

2. Brisal73

Brisal73 Well-Known Member

Let's try this again... Reply to this message if you are interested in a Saturday, January 12th pre Socal Regionals Socal Event

Expect 3-5 setups, plus, food, drink, tons of offline casuals, and single or team tourney

Please reply if you would attend. If there is enough interest I will have it.

3. Brisal73

This will be a bit of a rant so please be aware of that...

This past weekend NEC 13 happened on the East Coast and if you are not aware, most of the top players from the East Coast did not make the event.

I DO NOT want to see the same thing happen during this event. If you live on the West Coast. San Diego, Orange County, Los Angeles, Arizona, Vegas, Northern California, etc... Then mark January 18th-20th as a Friday, Saturday, and Sunday that you are going to be in Irvine for Socal Regionals.
    SEE YOU ALL THERE!

4. Brisal73

5. Macc

Macc Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SRKMacc
    XBL:
    Macc
    Sup Socal. I'll be out there for SCR and WNF & Runback the week of SCR. About 2-4 other Vegas VF players should be up there for SCR as well. Considering I won't have a 4 hour drive post WNF, I'd like to get in some long practice sets post WNF tournament with anyone interested.

6. IcKY99

IcKY99 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IcKY99
    XBL:
    IcKYIcKY
    There MIGHT not be VF at WNF since Akira wants to take a break from running it, since No one showed up for the past couple weeks

7. Macc

Macc Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SRKMacc
    XBL:
    Macc
    Hopefully there will be some VF at WNF the week of SCR. If not hopefully at least some casual sessions somewhere those days.

Also wtf to those socal players. If I had this in Vegas I would be there every Wednesday I could.

8. IcKY99

IcKY99 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IcKY99
    XBL:
    IcKYIcKY
    Yeah I see the frustration aspect of getting no shows every week, hell I only attended WNF once and haven't been able too since I started school.

9. Macc

Macc Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SRKMacc
    XBL:
    Macc
    I assume the hiatus for WNF is going to start this week? Curious cause I got tomorrow and Thursday off and was thinking of heading out to WNF if VF is in the line up.

10. Brisal73

no WNF, but try to make the Family Fun Arcade event on Saturday (2pm-Closing)
    • 10363 Balboa Blvd
    • Granada Hills, CA 91344

11. Macc

Macc Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SRKMacc
    XBL:
    Macc
    Sorry was out of town for work past few weeks. Is the 1/12 event open? Might try to make it out.

12. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Brisal73 party is still on. WNF is back, too.

13. 00000000

00000000 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ZeroLovesDnB
    Hey guys, currently watching you guys play some matches via Twitch. How does one get an invite to this get together?

EDIT: N/m, found it!

14. Brisal73

Any VF player is invited
    Just give me a call at 626-533-8163 if you are on the way
    Address is 950 W. Sierra Madre Ave Azusa CA 91702

15. 00000000

00000000 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ZeroLovesDnB
    Had a great time tonight. Awesome meeting you all! Many thanks to Dre Fei for going easy on me!

16. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Thanks to Brian for hosting and thanks to everyone for all the games. Sorry I wanted to leave so soon, but here I am up for work. Looking forward to WNF, SCR, WNF, WNF, WNF x infinity, SEGA CUP, parties at Brisal's place, and more.

17. Brisal73

A HUGE thanks to all that came out to get some offline games in.
    I hope to see you all next weekend at Socal Regionals

18. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

Just wanted to drop in a say hello. Good to see everyone is still around.

-Dan

19. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    That we are, sir. :cool:

20. Macc

Macc Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SRKMacc
    XBL:
    Macc
    Sup Socal. Just curious if any you guys hit up Super Arcade on Fridays for casuals. I may be in LA for weekend and was thinking of stopping up if there were people there.