1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

St. Louis Virtua Fighter Gatherings

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by akai, Jan 15, 2013.

1. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

Great, you are coming, nice! Yellow Jesus is really happy.

2. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

Rise from your grave!

3. DK

DK Well-Known Member Content Manager Jean

Ill be alive soon. I had family stuff going on for the past few months. Fall break next weekend, but the weekend after... lets plan on some vf

4. Stl_Tim

Pm me your time and details.

5. JackymusPrime

JackymusPrime Active Member

IS this page still alive? Do people still go to tournies?

6. IcKY99

IcKY99 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IcKY99
    XBL:
    IcKYIcKY
    Not really no. Nmtc is the only tournament for vf so far this year

7. JackymusPrime

Who here wants to die by my Jacky's hand in this city?

8. Holy moly it's been 8 years since final showdowns release? Anyhow now that we have a new release coming next week. I'm just going to ping interest here to see who's still living on this forum. The STL community has pretty much migrated to Discord now. And I have a VF channel here under tekken's channel. https://discord.gg/46xFUb7 So i actually lived in dallas during the period when final showdown hit ps3 and xbox360 but i've moved back to STL and am slowly summoning my stan powers to get a scene going again for this game.

akai and Stl_Tim like this.
  9. Stl_Tim

Thanks for the post and the discord invite.
    Definitely looking forward to meeting local players who are into vf.

Micheal_Bolton likes this.
  10. JackymusPrime

Suit : Pressed

Wingtips: Activated

Last edited: May 27, 2021
    Stl_Tim likes this.
  11. House hookups have been happening for VF. going to head to one now. Sega is wokring on putting in lobby invites so that's gonna help for some online sessions. As far as like...local tournaments go We have been looking at certain places like localhost in Brentwood? Either way wherever the fighting game tourneys start hitting for STL, Virtua Fighter is gonna be one of the games.

Stl_Tim likes this.
  12. JackymusPrime

Brentwood as the venue next to Five Below? Im good on house hook up, I dont know anyone but Tim and its still a pandemic, so unless hes hosting I will be at the tournaments.

13. Yeah we'll try to figure that out. As far as the one house hookup goes, the host requires proof of full vaccinations so only vaccinated people are allowed there which is why i have no issue going.

JackymusPrime likes this.
  14. JackymusPrime

Shit I dont blame them. I carry my vaccination card and show it when asked so im good for that house hook up.

15. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Just a quick update for the St. Louis area, the general FGC uses the discord #StL FGC channel.

There are various public places for offline gatherings. The two places that seems the local community gather currently on a weekly basis:

Localhost at Brentwood - Wednesday & Thursday night, 5-10 pm.
    Mystics TCG at Chesterfield Mall - Friday night, 5:30-10 pm.

---

This Friday, a couple of us will be meeting up at Localhost.

ChiefGutti and masterpo like this.
  16. akai likes this.
  17. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    From the local STL FGC that actually gather offline to play and have shown interest in VF, plus those online VFers living in the STL region: I have a list of 15-17 people.

The last two weekends, with me in attendance on Friday or @Micheal_Bolton group that played on Saturday, we got 5 people each show up to play.

While I was just happy/content to play offline casuals with just a couple of people...for those wanting something more or bigger. This is a unique opportunity given to us.

Weekends are bad for me as I spend most of it with family (besides Sunday afternoon :D), but I am going to make the effort to attend the Saturday Monthly at LocalHost on the 21st.

I am going to try to touch base with the Michael_Bolton and others this Friday to figure things out.

18. Stl_Tim

Are casuals open Saturday too? I’m unaware how the venue works? Is it frowned upon to be there when events are going for a specific game?

19. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Unless there are events being run, I'm quite sure casuals are allowed on Saturday. The pattern so far seems to be VF being played on Saturdays with Michael Bolton getting people to gather. When I can attend (every other Friday) the group switches to Friday evenings.

The staff at LocalHost - https://www.localhost.gg/stlouis/ - have been helpful. Its $10 for the venue fee if you bring your own console setup. But they provide the monitors (most of them you will need your own speakers). Otherwise, PCs are plentiful there and they have 2 PS5s with games on it...$5 per hour (instead of $10 venue fee) or discounted if you purchase in bulk.

Saturday 21st is there Monthly. $10 venue fee, additional $10 that goes into the pot. Still getting all the specific details, but it should run between 2PM to 10 PM according to the Smash site. Discussion of VF starting around 5 ish maybe. I will post when we get more concrete information.

20. https://www.start.gg/tournament/localhost-fgc-monthly-3/events

VF got added to the page. no one cares its pretty chill do casuals or whatever.\

also since VF is being run consoles its not like any other games could be run on it. At least I sure as hell am not goin to let people play anything but VF on my PS4

akai likes this.