1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Stagger and Crumple combos

Discussion in 'Eileen' started by MarlyJay, Jan 31, 2009.

1. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    I'm finding myself causing stagger and crumple conditions from the side and back. My problem is i'm not sure what to do with them.

from a side crumple caused by a mid kick i /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/n.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif then /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif or /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif.

from side stagger i /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif if i can, but thats about all i know. I haven't a clue of effective things to do from behind. Part of my trouble is how hard i'm finding it to test these things in dojo.

Any advice? Thanks.

2. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

that's pretty much what I do too in that same situation. It honestly comes up once every 15 matches so I don't really worry about it so much.

3. MarlyJay

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Thanks for the reply Tricky. I've been experimenting in Dojo and the 2 i mentioned don't seem so bad. Can't really seen to find anything better anyway.

Is there a way to test back stagger and crumple combos outside of verses mode? The Dojo doesn't seem to want to let me. Stupid opponent keeps turning around.

4. Tricky

if you set the computer to attack (i.e. a mid attack) after block and use a move that puts you at advantage (i.e. 236P+KK) then OMK to their back you'll get a crumple IIRC.

5. MarlyJay

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    I tried that and i can only get it go give me a side crumple. I may have to go into verse mode and use my feet. Could be interesting.

6. kingo

kingo My bitch G0d3L is a scrub Content Manager Aoi

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    You can get a back crumple with OM K in dojo mode versus Pai: do P and let her counterattack with her mid jump kick (9K+G).
    It works with most characters, I'm not sure for eileen.

7. MarlyJay

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Thanks Kingo, that worked great.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif ,/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif hit for 63 damage, but the 2nd part of the jump kick looks like it may not hit reliably against heavy opponents.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/uf.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif ,/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif hit for 60 damage and looks more reliable.

8. SkatanMilla

SkatanMilla Well-Known Member

The best combos I've found are 236P+KK, P3PK works on all weights and I prefter the okizeme sitation more from this than 6P+KPP, and 6P+K236KKK which I think does almost the same damage.

9. The_Shunjinkogh

The_Shunjinkogh Well-Known Member

If a foe staggers try dashing in with a fast attack. The crumple attacks can lead to damaging combos but not the back combos. Try the side crumple and use /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/n.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif

10. MarlyJay

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Strangly, i never consider Oki when deciding what combo to do. Oki is just on of those things i do with Eileen. It's funny because i'm told it's the most annoying thing about my monkey girl.
    Would 236P+KK, PK give more time to maneuver? finishing with P3P is nice for a free Zenk.

Anyway, new question. when i'm near a tall wall i force a stagger with 6P+G(direction) then P. I then 33P then do something that ends with 236KKK or 236KK,9K+G.

My question is what are the best options when using a small wall?

11. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/uf.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif might hit opponent over low wall.

12. Tricky

2_3P+K CH will RO someone in a low wall situation. or 2_3P+K,P CH too.

there are some others too but I forget what they were. I'll pay attention to make a list. They're mostly pretty situational.

For some wall combos check out the last few minutes of my combo video I made a while back http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiMVRdSnV50&feature=channel_page

13. MarlyJay

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    I can't test at the moment(RROD) but i'm pretty sure 2_3P+K won't knock a back turned staggered opponent over a wall. I couldn't get i to do so anyway. 9K+G doesn't either if i remember correctly.

Thanks for the vid tricky. I'm pretty confident with high wall combos, just unsure about using the low wall to maximum effect.

33p give the high wall splat on the half fence so i'm not sure it's the way to go.

me doing my fave wall combo at the end of round one of this vid
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f1d-x0lZRk&feature=related
    i'm SO much better at the game now....but Kingo still kicks my arse /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif

14. Tricky

I'm talking about regular stance. Normally you can assume normal situation unless someone says "backturned, sideturn, lawls omg so many stances"

I don't know what would happen if they're back turned, I assume similar situation but that very rarely comes up in fights for me.

15. MarlyJay

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Ah, i was asking about if i stagger an opponent after using monkey girls 6P+G6 throw if i started with MY back to the wall. if i Jab the opponent in the back they should be backturned and staggered.

With a tall fence I'd follow this up with 33P and a combo like you displayed in your vid.

With a short fence i'm going to need something different, which is what i'm unsure about. What i am sure of is that it's very difficult or impossible to knock this BT staggered opponent out the ring with 2_3P+K or 9K+G.

Sorry if that was unclear before.