1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Street Fighter V coming to PS4 and PC

Discussion in 'General' started by def, Dec 5, 2014.

1. ToyDingo

ToyDingo Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    Ok, that looks nice. Chun looks like she plays like 3S Chun, which if true, thank you god.

Also, the pasta bowl bit was funny.

This game looks awesome...

Tha_FeauchA likes this.
  2. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    Yeah. After seeing that footage, so far this looks like a solid fighter/Street Fighter game. Looks way better than the way SF4 plays. Real curious as to which characters made it into this game. I know/guessing the original 12 are in from SF2. It's hard for me to see a character like El Fuerte in there. Who knows though, eh. Gotta say though, after seeing that, lil salty it won't be for Xbox hahah.

3. ToyDingo

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
  4. GrizzlyTrollton

GrizzlyTrollton Well-Known Member

They gave Charlie teleports.

ToyDingo likes this.
  5. ToyDingo

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    I'm okay with this new "gritty" approach to SF without all the goofiness and bright colors. It's still early, but I'm about to buy my ticket for the hype train on this one.

6. BLACKSTAR

BLACKSTAR You'll find him on the grind Staff Member Media Manager

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    Charlie looks stupid.

He looks fun.

But he looks stupid. Like a Scooby Doo villain.

YOMI and cobratron like this.
  7. cobratron

cobratron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

^Franken-Nash

IcKY99 likes this.
  8. IcKY99

IcKY99 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IcKY99
    XBL:
    IcKYIcKY
    it's nice to finally have in game proof of what happened to nash after all these years

cobratron likes this.
  9. cobratron

cobratron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

Monster-mash nash...zombie charlie

BLACKSTAR likes this.
  10. oneida

oneida Long Arm of the Lau Silver Supporter

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    WHY ARE HIS HANDS SO HUMONGOUS
    ugh

GrizzlyTrollton likes this.
  11. GrizzlyTrollton

GrizzlyTrollton Well-Known Member

Lol, gigantic hands have always been a thing in SF. Charlie's probably look extra ridiculous though since he's always adjusting his tiny glasses with them.

I take more issue with him looking like Nashenstein. Personally would have went with just discolored skin and severe scarring than the cartoony stitched together look they got going on. It clashes with the serious vibe of the trailer. I dig the trailer theme though.

12. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Fast recovery projectiles and instant teleports don't mix. This could be ridiculous.

13. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
  14. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico

That dude in the end is either E.Honda with braids, or a new character.. I'm glad I luckily came up on a lil gaming PC a few months ago. I just need to drop a lil money in it to get it up to par. Looking forward to playing this. Though I'm still afraid the mechanics is still gon be dumbed down stupid somehow. I remember Ono saying he wanted this to be even more beginner friendly, or something along those lines. But so far from the outside looking in, it looks like a pretty solid fighter. Glad they got rid of focus attacks and crouch techs.

Still hoping they drop my girl Makoto or the homie, Guy in the mix. But I think that's unlikely to be honest. As of now, ima be rockin this mofo Ken from the looks of things so far.

15. AngryFlyingChop

AngryFlyingChop Well-Known Member

PSN:
    RaggedChariot
    I kinda like the new stages. The Brazilian Favela came from a video where Ono teases Blanka, but that doesn't really look like a Blanka stage to me. More like Sean or Oro or something.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

KrsJin likes this.
  16. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

^ So far the stages are my favorite part of the game. Not digging the character's appearance much at all. Am liking the movesets they've shown but looks to have a clunky feel again and camera bothers me.

Love SF but not 4... I'm a bit of a hater on 4 :/

17. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    They explained that this mean mainly 2 things - removing "articificial input barrier" (one frame links mainly) and dedication to your choice (removing of as much of optionselects as possible). Both sounds OK and fair to me.

BTW I think that character on the end of Ken trailer MAY be new Blanka

Tha_FeauchA likes this.
  18. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    This sounds like a good thing.

19. ToyDingo

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    If true, removing 1 frame links is possibly the best thing they can do to bring in more "casuals". SF4 made me hate SF, been trying to play SF3 again to regain my love for the series.

20. shadowmaster

shadowmaster Well-Known Member

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    I frame links were made easier because certain characters had their basic combos as 1 frame links making them not as user friendly as one might think. I like the back to basics approach they are using. Even crouch teching is most likely gone for good too. All of special exploits like plinking apparently don't work either with more target combos for every character.

Still I want the character in Brazil to be Oro or Sean. If they are trying to start over fresh they would avoid bringing back Blanka and brings back characters from older SF games with a new look like they did with birdie or someone completely original.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015