1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Street Fighter V coming to PS4 and PC

Discussion in 'General' started by def, Dec 5, 2014.

1. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

Less option selects is a definite appeal, I hope that ends up being true (often times they're unintentional). I'll kind of miss one framed links from the series to be honest but I get it and think it's fine. Hopefully the whole 'plinking' mechanic from IV is dropped as a result, too.

2. DurViener

DurViener Well-Known Member

Honestly, the further they move away from SF4, the better.

Still waiting on a character I wanna use. I hope to fuck those Siliconera rumors end up being true, since that's every single character I wanna see in this game. I'll actually pre-order the game if it does happen

KrsJin likes this.
  3. def

def Well-Known Member

I heard a rumor that R. Mika and Karin from Alpha 3 will be in this.

ToyDingo likes this.
  4. DurViener

That was the Siliconera rumor. It also said Alex and Urien would be in too.

ToyDingo likes this.
  5. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    Couldn't agree more. Only reason I got into SF4 again was because an online friend tried to get me to buy it for like, a year. I caved and got SSF4AE for $15. And Makoto was the only thing that kept me playing it for a lil while. I still mess around with it, but I still don't like it much. Just something to play I guess.

Yeah, that sounds legit. I'm also happy to hear invincible back dashes are gone too, and also links/strong combos from jabs, as far as I know. I think Birdie might have one. It might just be me, but I think those V gauges fill up way too fast. Maybe they need to though *shrug*. You get hit with like, a jump kick and a sweep and it fills a bar, hahah.

I for real thought the new guy was Blanka for about 1/4 of the trailer. Just in human form, hahah. He seems aight. His design looks like a mix of Evil Ryu, Blanka and Asura (from Asura's Wrath) to me. His fighting style looks completely different from the cast so far. Which is cool. I mean, it's pretty much a given Ryu and Ken would be in the game. They pretty much are Street Fighter. So obviously they would be similar to an extent.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
  6. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    Was never really a fan of Vega, but I gotta admit. The way he fights and his moves are lookin pretty sick in SFV.

Stl_Tim likes this.
  7. DurViener

Fuckin' HYPE! So mained!

Pai~Chun likes this.
  8. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
  9. IcKY99

IcKY99 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IcKY99
    XBL:
    IcKYIcKY
    OISHI

Kamais_Ookin likes this.
  10. ShinyBrentford

ShinyBrentford Well-Known Member

Street Fighter V "Rise up" The tier list....

EvenPit, ToyDingo and IcKY99 like this.
  11. Kamais_Ookin

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
  12. Kamais_Ookin

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
  13. Mold_Monkey93

Mold_Monkey93 Well-Known Member

@oneida
    Not to mention 3 new anime FGs series and their itterations.

14. Seminasuke

Seminasuke Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Seminasuke
    I've been answered with his pre-order costume.

[​IMG]

It should still be his default. Also, Cammy pleases my goggles fetish.

Tricky and Kamais_Ookin like this.
  15. Lygophilia

Lygophilia Well-Known Member

I would like to go back to 2d fighting primarily, but I prefer to have sprites. I understood the budget issues, but trying to get a full 2d experience without them is artificial. I can definitely provide leniency for 3d gameplay with 2d elements (A Street Fighter game like that could have looked far better than what I'm seeing here in designs), but not 3d models on a 2d plane.

16. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    Guess they "listened to the fans" when they said they didn't like combos being hard, or something. I thought this was hilarious. It's gonna be what it's gonna be. But dam, lol.

IcKY99 likes this.
  17. IcKY99

IcKY99 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IcKY99
    XBL:
    IcKYIcKY
    yep the link system is SO leniant, you can actually double tap buttons to guarantee you get links, ex: Ryu can do MP, MP as a link so in combos you can mash MP,MP,MP to make sure you get that 2 hit link, then that itself confirms into a few damn good options, super ez EXE all across the board in this game, big damage, means you better not whiff or do anything stupid

Tha_FeauchA likes this.
  18. ShinyBrentford

ShinyBrentford Well-Known Member

New R.Mika outfit
    [​IMG]

Seminasuke likes this.
  19. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    Yeah. It's still in the beta phase though. I've seen with the last update (or whatever you wanna call it) they finally removed being able to go into medium and heavy normal attacks from jab and shorts. I'm thankful for that. So it's possible they'll tighten up the window some for links. If they don't *shrug*. But it'd be really weird to have a SF game where you could do stuff like that. Next couple steps of dumbing it down would be to have auto combos where you just hold the button down, hahah.

IcKY99 likes this.
  20. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    Kinda crazy how much the game has changed since it was first shown and playable to the public. They had revenge gauges at first. Wondering what else they may fine tune before it's out.

Then

Now

Hope it'll be worth upgrading my PC to play this thing. I aint ever leaving VF. But having other fighters to play can make VF feel refreshing.