1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Strongest Throw?

Discussion in 'Wolf' started by Fergalot, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    I use the dash and then a half circle.

I do it for the head crumple throws as well.

Rarely mess it up.

2. EmpNovA

EmpNovA Well-Known Member

If you guys want to know how the Japanese do it dig through the replay files for Wolf on the VF5/VF4:EVO discs and turn on the command display feature. I'm without consoles at the moment though so I can't test it out.

3. Zass

Zass Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Zass30
    Thanks for linking the other thread, belligerent feck. Helpful info there. Very helpful to me was this post:

After reading this I went to try and got a PGS on my second try. For the record the inputs were

3 [4]
    1 [1]
    1 [2]
    1 [3]
    1 [6]
    3 [6] [+] [P] [G]

This example seems to fit within Myke's proposal of 5 frames AFTER the back motion:

4. Zass

Zass Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Zass30
    Okay, Myke's explanation is THE BEST!

I just tried his way in the dojo and got PGS 21 times in a row! From going from getting one out of every 50 tries to 21 in a row. Wow.

I did it exactly like he said. I started in the [6] position and imagined I was Guile doing a no charge super fast sonic boom, with a *slight* bias downwards. I didn't imagine in my head that I was going to hit any of the [1] [2] [3] positions. In my mind it was just a very fast sonic boom starting at the point in between [4] and [1]

Screwed it up the first time and then got 21 PGSs in a row. That's more than I've ever done in my life lol. Thanks Myke!

5. Ash_Kaiser

Ash_Kaiser Marly you no good jabroni I make you humble... Bronze Supporter

That's pretty much the way I do it, except I don't start with the [6] input.

6. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

Congrs!!
    It looks like u find the way to fit u. When u get more familiar with PGS, it will become just a habit.

7. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Its useful at times to do it from a dash, either to close distance, or delay it to kill fuzzy/throw escapes. But same can be said for all throws. Personally, I would have a bigger problem coming up with the normal version if I had to for some reason [​IMG] Zass, nice to hear you got it.

8. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    When I tried to do the command time attack I done the PGS instead of the regular one at first.

Kinda annoyed me.