1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Stuck in 2p hell

Discussion in 'Jeffry' started by Keoma, Apr 15, 2013.

1. FaethonsNemesis

FaethonsNemesis Well-Known Member

So much 2P spamming lol, absolutely no respect for poor ol' beginners.:(
    But after reading n testing all of the above...i'm ready.:mad:

2. Pai~Chun

Pai~Chun Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lishao Tao GPK
    I don't know which characters you are using, but some of them have fantastic moves to fly over constant 2P spam. Check out Vanessa offensive stance 9P, or Shun's 6K+G. When you use moves like this on them, and the damaging follow ups, they will either have to change their gameplan a bit, or just stop playing you if they cant think beyond hitting 2P after your every 3rd button press.

Some people here have sadly been playing VF in this manner for at least 6 years now, but as you get stronger with certain moves and timing, you will hopefully be able to overcome such stale routines fairly comfortably.

3. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Trying to go over 2P should be the exception to the rule. Decent way to get yourself comboed.

I'll post the correct answer again. I don't think anyone could put it better:

Great advice on not only how to play around 2P, but how to play the game altogether. It's all about being frame tight, whether you use frame data to get there or not.

Neonomide, Keoma and Tricky like this.
  4. FaethonsNemesis

FaethonsNemesis Well-Known Member

Hmm...ok for some strange reason my 4K doesnt work.
    Playing as Jeffry after i block their 1st 2p (Lei,Pai,Eileen) i immediately 4K (with proper timing n execution tested in dojo) but get beaten by their 2nd 2P.o_O
    I smell lag shenanigans...
    Lame question of the day : at +2 (your P guarded) you can use 14fr mid (6P or 4K) it means your high or 2P punch?And how the heck a 14 fr mid interrupts their next jab punch or throw?Ahhhhh.. back to dojo again old man.

5. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

I vote this get added to wherever we add great advice! It applies to more than just jeff.

6. Johoseph

Johoseph Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lau of America
    Unless your name is Lau :D Lau my boy, you make me so sad sometimes :)

7. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Well, Lau has 9P+K.

8. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    To add on to what you guys are saying: all of this 2p talk summarizes into how well a player can hit confirm their attacks. Its can be VERY easy to beat someone once I realize they arent confirming their 2p's.

I cant stress enough how important it is to at least TRY to confirm 2p's, or any other attack.

Every attack/defense manuever is an option available to use, and its important not to be redundant or else good opponents will catch on fast.

9. partyboy32

partyboy32 Active Member

XBL:
    PARTY BOY247 69
    sebo u really now wat ur talking bout man. But 4p after 2p i noticed tens to freeze players unless ur a nube. but keep n mind if fail to do damage with it i think ur negative like 3 or 5 not for sur.