1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Stun Palm of Doom Timing

Discussion in 'Akira' started by kiko17, Jun 8, 2016.

1. kiko17

kiko17 Member

I realize this had been asked many times but I was wondering about the timing of the spod. I can been practicing this move alot and when I try to do the movements as fast as I can, it doesn't work. When I slow down slightly it does sometimes. Suprizingly, I can pull it off better from the player 2 side then player one I guess its the way I hold my joystick.

masterpo likes this.
  2. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

pkg4>3p+g>4_6p.

1st part all together is a must then the rest is easy.

masterpo likes this.
  3. BlackGeneral

BlackGeneral The Emperor of Elbows Bronze Supporter Content Manager Akira

PSN:
    BlackGeneral
    XBL:
    BeeGee VFDC
    Try doing each step separately and then combining them. Change the input settings (forgot exact name) from detailed (showing frame data) to input (showing directional and button inputs). Monitor where you go wrong in the inputs and rectify. Hope this helps.

masterpo likes this.
  4. Jason Elbow

Jason Elbow Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    I gotta lot of respect for proficient Akira players. All that just frame stuff. I admire you all.

masterpo and beanboy like this.
  5. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

The "timing" actually is to just do it as fast as possible. There is no timing other than that you need to have input the next part before the last one has connected because the one thing the move does not have is delayability.

I'm fairly sure the problem is just that your input is not clean when you go fast. Just work on it. Putting input display on might help you recognize what is going wrong.

masterpo and ShinyBrentford like this.
  6. kiko17

kiko17 Member

Thanks virtua fam,
    You are right my inputs were sloppy. I cleaned them up and now the spod is good to go.

7. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

That move was hard for me to pull off in VF4 Evo. But after some practice, it got easier.

8. darkupper

darkupper New Member

is it true that SPoD was harder in that game than FS/US?

Last edited: Aug 26, 2022
    masterpo likes this.