1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Sunday Night R.A.W., Season #2 -- Weekly Ranking Battles

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by BLACKSTAR, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    Hey @BLACKSTAR you are a graphics designer right? :D

Nice cover by the way!

[​IMG]

What would make this cool is if participants had avatars that represents their Ranbat rank. I'm not asking you to waste your value time but just trying to find ways for players to show their devotion and also keep them coming back. Let's keep it real.... who doesn't like to brag to an extent. If being the only one the boards with a " Blow Me " rank keeps someone practicing and pushing people to get better why not have it.

Perhaps other with some PS skills could pitch in. Honestly if I had the talent I'd do it in a heart beat, but sadly I'm only good at analyzing and have zero artistic skill. :cry::cry::cry:

2. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

@Rodnutz... in case you haven't heard "GAINT 'M-F-' SWING" has been dead for over 5 years. Welcome to 2015, soon 2016?

BlackGeneral, Rodnutz and kungfusmurf like this.
  3. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    @Shang Michael Jordan retired once :p I'm just saying!

BlackGeneral likes this.
  4. Lucky_GT

Lucky_GT Well-Known Member

It seems that I may be too late for this but if anyone wants to lose on stream to me after 10:00 on Sundays that is always fine.

5. BLACKSTAR

BLACKSTAR You'll find him on the grind Staff Member Media Manager

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    you can sign up any week you want if you want to join RAW RanBats. If you want to stream after RAW room matches on sunday, we can do that too.

6. BLACKSTAR

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    Yo!

I forgot about this, lol.....ain't seen this in a long time!

That's a great idea tho. I think it would be really cool to have original graphic titles to go beside you Dan ranking. Kinda like how they do in FS Ranked mode, but different.

I would love to do it, but graphic design is time consuming. I tell ya what, if a bunch more players sign-up for RAW RanBats, I'll be more likely to do it! :D

DigitlSamurai and Rodnutz like this.
  7. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

What do I need to do? I been under a rock. Ready for Star Status.

8. BLACKSTAR

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    Aight, sorry about the lack of updates, but hey.......it was thanksgiving week here in the US. :D

I'm working on updating the info now. Are people still up for playing tonight (at 9pm)? Or is everyone still hung over for the holidays and want to hold off this week?

DigitlSamurai likes this.
  9. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

I liked the earlier slot, because of family Sunday night obligations and my cousin the walking dead.
    It worked out good last week, because I played, watched raw by phone, family ate dinner, and watched rick shoot people.

BLACKSTAR and DigitlSamurai like this.
  10. WiidN1NJ4

WiidN1NJ4 Member

I'll be available to play at either time. I plan on getting online around 7pm EST and would be ready to go shortly afterward.

I guess it depends on how many people we can reliably fit into rooms to schedule times. I know that ideally we would start with the lowest ranks of the last week plus any newcomers and then go onward from there toward the new Dan ranks plus any new rank ups.

However this suggestion would mean that inevitably the higher ranks would be set into the later time slots because of their Main Event Status.

The last session ran roughly 3 1/2 hours so that could make a difference in the start and end times and I for one am able to shift around but for others the difference could be more significant.

Even if we take off a week. I'll be open for a good Room Match

To Summarize: I'll be able to play anytime after 7pm EST

oneida, BLACKSTAR and DigitlSamurai like this.
  11. BBountyHuntyr

BBountyHuntyr Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BBountyHunter
    XBL:
    BBountyHuntyr
    I'm still down to play.

12. DigitlSamurai

DigitlSamurai Well-Known Member

PSN:
    DigitlSamurai
    XBL:
    DgtlSamurai KOF
    Still in.

If possible as close to start time as possible is better because of health reasons.

BLACKSTAR likes this.
  13. shadowmaster

shadowmaster Well-Known Member

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    if its 9 or some time close to it. the earlier the better. i prefer a time closer to 8 than 9. I will stick it out regardless to see how well it plays out.

14. BLACKSTAR

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    ok, i'll think about starting at 8pm, rather than 9. Personally, I'd prefer 8pm EST myself, since i'm sure it wont end too late. The only issue is that RAW might end too early for @Kruza

Either way, I'll post a schedule up in about 2 hours or so. Right now, I'll say RAW starts at 8pm EST

adamYUKI likes this.
  15. cruzlink2

cruzlink2 Well-Known Member

Put me on.

oneida, BLACKSTAR and adamYUKI like this.
  16. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Satan Shark and I are ready for 8pm. HUE HUE!

BLACKSTAR likes this.
  17. shadowmaster

shadowmaster Well-Known Member

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    hey bstar how about starting at 8:30 and having an extended break between rooms to allow kruza to take part in it. it is stil between 8 and 9 which is good for most people in general and it increases the likelihood kruza can take part in it. this is just an idea though

18. BLACKSTAR

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    Nah, it seems like 8 EST is the latest I'll go for now. I still got work in the morning, so I can't just be running this all night, lol

19. BLACKSTAR

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    ok, will do

20. BLACKSTAR

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    One thing i need to do is mention new rules:

• If you are scheduled for a single room more than once with two or more different characters, IF YOU LOSE A SET, YOU WILL PLAY YOUR SECOND (AND THIRD) CHARACTER AGAINST THE WINNER IMMEDIATELY AFTERWARD IN THE FOLLOWING SET.

• If you are a higher-ranked Dan player playing a set against a lower-ranked player, IF YOU HAVE AT LEAST +/-0 POINTS, YOU CANNOT EARN POINTS FROM A LOWER-RANKED PLAYER (you can lose points, tho!).