1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Sunday Night R.A.W. -- Weekly Online Exhibitions

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by BLACKSTAR, Oct 5, 2013.

By BLACKSTAR on Oct 5, 2013 at 3:46 PM
  1. BLACKSTAR

BLACKSTAR You'll find him on the grind Staff Member Media Manager

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    Welcome to "Sunday Night R.A.W."! - Online exhibition matches - FT'5's, FT7's and all the way up to FT10's (if approved). They will occur on Sundays, from 7pm-until (EST), and will be streamed by me (@BLACKSTAR) at http://www.twitch.tv/blackstar_ga.​

Next: Sunday Night R.A.W. #51
    The LAST R.A.W. of Season #1!
    Sunday, April 12th, 2015 @ 6:30PM EST.

[​IMG]
    Exhibitions:

-Main Event (10pm EST): YYY | @BBountyHuntyr (Aoi) vs. @_Denkai_ (Jacky?) -- We're going out with BANG for the last Main Event of the Season! US' Best Aoi vs. Best Jacky!

-@Kamais_Ookin (???) vs @SNAKE BOSS (Lau), FT7, 9:15pm EST
    -@oneida (Lau) vs. @Shidosha (Taka?), FT7, 8:30pm EST
    -@Swordfish2 (Wolf) vs @VFhayato (Goh), FT7, 7:45pm EST
    -@Sindanez (Lei-Fei) vs @AngryFlyingChop (Goh), FT7, 7pm EST
    -@DigitlSamurai (Jacky) vs. @VFhayato (Goh), FT5, 6:30pm EST
    -

NOTE: CHARACTER LOCK IS NOW IN EFFECT FOR ALL R.A.W. MATCH EXHIBITIONS!
    Be sure to list your character when you sign up!

All R.A.W. matches are now STANDARD FT7, unless FT5/F10 is asked for, discussed, and agreed upon!

-Wanna make your own exhibition for this week's R.A.W.?
    Make your voice known in the comments!!

Are you interested in playing a long set on stream with commentary? ANYONE is invited, skill level is NOT a factor, and new players are encouraged to join in!

Make a post and let us know you want to join!

We want more people to commentate! ANYONE is invited to commentate, whether you are a vet or a new player, or if you wanna commentate or just laugh and joke with the players! During or before the sets begin, use Skype and send a message or friend request to 'blackstar2478' to join in on the call! Limited space in the XBL room will also be made available for those who want to use XBL Chat!

How it works is like this:

Reply on this thread with your gamertag, the date you (and your opponent, if applicable) are available, location you play from, and what you would like to do, and you will be placed on a list of 'interested players' on the opening post (this post).

For example:
    or like this
    NOTE: If you have an opponent in mind, make sure that THEY REPLY IN THE THREAD TOO, OR THE REQUEST WON'T COUNT.

Also, NOTE: FT10's take FOREVER, so only especially hype matches get to do those.

IF YOU WANT A PRE-RAW INTERVIEW DONE, IT IS DONE BY REQUEST ONLY FROM NOW ON.
    So, in other words, if you want an interview, just ask and I'll do it. If you're a spectator, and IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE SOMEONE GET INTERVIEWED, just ask me as well, and i'll try and arrange one with them if they want.

If there is a disconnection (DC) during a RAW set, neither player will win the match where the DC occurs (unless BLACKSTAR or designated person says otherwise).

Instead, both players will play the next match by first allowing each player to willingly give up the same number of rounds they had lost in the previous DC'd match, before playing out the rest of the match.

3 UNINTENTIONAL DC's are allowed in a RAW set. Any further DC's will result in the immediate end of the RAW set and a DRAW(can be overruled, if both participating players express that they wish to continue).

ANY 1 DC DEEMED INTENTIONAL by BLACKSTAR or designated person will result in the IMMEDIATE disqualification and loss of the entire RAW set for the offending player. A subsequent BAN from participation in future RAW events may also occur.

Sure, why not. Just see if your opponent is cool with it, and both of you guys let me know that that is what you want to do.

Short answer: NO.

Long answer: Unless you have a good reason where its ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE to do RAW on a Sunday, then NO. Even if you do, note that we will work with you, but nothing will be guaranteed. I have my own life to live, after all. That being said, if you want to have a RAW match, but can't do Sundays, let us know here on the RAW thread, and we will work with you.

Upcoming Matches and Interested players:

Last edited: Apr 12, 2015

Comments

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by BLACKSTAR, Oct 5, 2013.

1. SNAKE BOSS
      SNAKE BOSS
      I can play who ever I want and so can every one else. I play on this raw for fun and for practice as well because I dont play online as much anymore. If this was a offline event or tournament then yea but this in online and just for fun which is all good too. Also if its online it does not mean that I am not going for the win because I am. Also I play better with my subs against certain opponents so dont worry because I have a strategy lol. If you dont like it then dont watch, its your choice just dont be disrespectful. Also I lost to Bstar with taka because I did not even warm up with taka and I was rushing through some stuff. I did not want to bring this up because its not my style for making excuses. What happened was meant to be and what matters more is that we learn and improve from it. That is all.
      Kamais_Ookin likes this.
    2. Ellis
      Ellis
      Hey SB.
      I think the gist of it is just that you should be upfront about who you want to play,

and atleast show a serious will for the fight - just to avoid leaving backtrack possibilites like that; like "Oh, but i don't know anything about this char/was not serious" in retrospect.

"I lost to Bstar with taka because I did not even warm up with taka and I was rushing through some stuff." <-- things just like that.

We wouldn't hate on people loosing (mostly), as long as it shows serious effort.

And you could of course play which character you want to, just say it like you mean it
      - that is all :)
    3. ShinyBrentford
      ShinyBrentford
      King of Jobbers Strikes again. ROFL
      Kamais_Ookin likes this.
    4. Ellis
      Ellis
      Bloody ambigious that, trying to follow.

here:

1: "
      Jobber
      somebody who makes somebody else look good in front of other people
      james is being a real jobber how many times does he job to me"

2 "
      Jobber
      Someone who turns up uninvited and smokes all your marijuana. Whom only complain and fails to make any conversation other than 'well this is exciting'.."

3 "
      Jobber
      Wrestling jobbers made up my youth. Employed for the sole reason of getting pummeled, "preliminary stars" always intrigued me. If pro wrestling were real, then these were the toughest guys to step foot on the planet."

4 "
      Jobber
      A musician who is doing the gig for the money, without having a long term commitment to the band."

Take your pick! , Myself i am unemployed again for the time being, bleh. :p
    5. SNAKE BOSS
      SNAKE BOSS
      Like i have said its not a excuse that I lost with taka or anything like that. jacko just kept on bringing it up so much so i told him the truth but it does not really matter. i beat bstar before in rank and so what. What I am trying to say is that i play for fun now but that does not mean that I wont be trying to win. Just have fun while doing it you know.
      Kamais_Ookin likes this.
    6. SNAKE BOSS
      SNAKE BOSS
      If you went up against me then you too would be considered a jobber lol. It is all good though.
      Kamais_Ookin likes this.
    7. ShinyBrentford
      ShinyBrentford
      Sorry, but I'm to big for the Poverty Scrub Network or the King of Jobbers.
      [​IMG]
      I can't wait to see the rest of your matches with the........
      [​IMG]
      Kamais_Ookin likes this.
    8. Jacko
      Jacko
      Because beating people in ranked matters. Anyways, I bring it up because you need to use your "practice" time off stream. Trying to have a new flavor of the week (and you are always trying to be on RAW every week) is boring to the people watching.

Remember, while RAW isn't biased to WHO plays, it's still a community thing and if people aren't satisfied with the antics of a player(s), then they're going to voice their opinions and @BLACKSTAR being who he is will obviously consider that, Just look at what happened when @EvenPit kept trying to troll with Jeffry or Wolf in his matches. People got tired of it and he got banned.

I went through many RAWS using Jeffry or Sarah and have won most of them against pretty good strong players. I even recently pitted my Goh against Rare Entity and even though people were probably like "He's gonna get bopped", I managed to go 8-10 which is WAY better than what you have done when you play other characters.

Point in case, cause I'm going into a semi-ramble: Stop trying to treat your opponents like scrubs. I dunno who disillusioned you with the fact that you CAN play multiple characters, but you can't. If you think you can, feel free to come back to NYC at any time and I will gladly play you in a $$ match FT10 where you can pick ANY character you want while I stick with Jeffry.

It's no disrespect. I don't dislike you, but I am all about a person either putting up or shutting up. I wouldn't treat you hostile or anything, but you're getting a bit of an ego and you know what I like to do about people like that. Don't think NYG 9's "One and Done" is anything spectacular anymore. That time has passed.
      Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
    9. BLACKSTAR
      BLACKSTAR
      Yeah @SNAKE BOSS, I agree with Jacko. TBH, your matches the past few weeks have been quite boring. RAW is not about practicing or messing around, but trying your absolute best. You can't play your best with subs when, frankly, you can't even play all that well with your main character (yet).

And we can easily be filling your slot with other players who have been trying to get on RAW as well. Play with your all, even if you wreck your opponent. Otherwise, I do reserve the right to not put you in a RAW slot.

Also, I'm really glad you want to fight on RAW as much as you do, but at the same time, there might be some weeks where you will have to take a break. IIRC, you've played in all of the last month of RAWs. Nobody else has done that before, and you will have to share the spotlight with other players. And tbh, the only player I would love to see on RAW week after week ad infinum is GT, he will always offer something for players to learn from by watching his matches.
      ShinyBrentford and Kamais_Ookin like this.
    10. BLACKSTAR
      BLACKSTAR
      R.A.W. #37 interviews ft. @-BG- and @Kamais_Ookin . Really good stuff that everyone needs to hear!

11. SNAKE BOSS
      SNAKE BOSS
      Lol, you mean you are too small for poverty scrub network and the king of jobbers lol. like I said before in this thread, step up or shut up, just dont be disrespectful. Now carry on.
    12. SNAKE BOSS
      SNAKE BOSS
      A win is a win and even if its boring. First of all I dont mean to be boring, instead I try to put up good matches for the people. It is not my fault 7-1 happens, I just do my job. Second of all I am not trying to hug anyone"s spot light, look at all the matches you are having this week. Third of all I dont play online as much anymore and that is why I play on raw because it gives me a reason to play a game that I like and respect. Fourth of all I have earned my right to be on raw. Also what I meant by practice is that its good to play these matches and after the match learn what works and what does not against a real opponent. So that does not mean I dont practice on my own in the dojo, because I do before every match. There was some miss understanding about what I was trying to say. Hope this makes it more clear. That is all.
    13. SNAKE BOSS
      SNAKE BOSS
      Oh well Mr.Pro, like I said to Bstar earlier you just misunderstood me. English is not my first language so sometimes I might say things that some might misunderstand. So let me tell you something. Its not about any egos for me because that is not my style and also i dont consider anyone a scrub as I prove it by playing anyone online and offline. The way you talk about my matches though with some others its like you think that I am a scub even when I win against strong players. You and others talk like I should have not won that match but I did because I am no scrub. Also I am a better player offline and sometimes I dont show that especially online where lag is involved but I dont make excuses. Another thing is I dont care who beat who and how because everyone is beatable. What matters more is that you be respectful and have fun doing it and not critisize because I find that to be disrespectful. So it seems like it is you with an ego so if you want a match with me offline then come to CT this time around because I already went to NYC and conquered it, no disrespect. So you can be a pro but remember I can be a pro killer. Also at the end of the day remember that this is just a game and a good one, so have fun and be respectful and have a nice day.
    14. gastinell
      gastinell
      [​IMG]
    15. ShinyBrentford
      ShinyBrentford
      You can get mad and call me a scrub all you want but the fact of the matter is.......

Grapeman: Has beaten well know VFDC members Jacko, Blackstar, Hayato, and Akai

King of Jobbers: Beat some guy that just started playing and that clearly had to drag be into the match, Lost to @BLACKSTAR by trying to scrub out a win with Taka, and get Banned by @ExzetyXat1

New Flash! Respect is earned. So why should I buy a PS3 just to play on a shitty network and fight some puller Skylord. The guy with something to prove should get on xbox if he wants to play in the big leagues so badly. I'm happy that your hungry and have that fire in your belly, but you need to take @Jacko advice and take a break from RAW. I would suggest at least wait a month after each or your RAW matches. That's what I do. Try learning the fundamentals of the game first, cause right now your just gimmicks that everyone already knows about.

Until then

All hail the King of Jobbers. Crowned prince of getting pinned. ROFL
      Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
      BLACKSTAR and Kamais_Ookin like this.
    16. ShinyBrentford
      ShinyBrentford
      Its this one
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Job_(professional_wrestling)
    17. Harpooneer
      Harpooneer
      Come on, this is RAW, you always have to assume it's the wrestling term.
      ShinyBrentford and Kamais_Ookin like this.
    18. Jacko
      Jacko
      Just by the fact that he said he came to NYG and conquered NYC is enough for me to not even entertain the discussion any longer. Scrubs will be scrubs.

A pro killer LOL. Oh man, @Shag we can't fit his head into Next Level any more cause of you loooool
    19. daRockReaper
      daRockReaper
      See Its shit like this that made me not want to take this match to begin with. Just to much drama to fight a guy who isn't that good. Just play the damn game
    20. SNAKE BOSS
      SNAKE BOSS
      Lol, I have earned respect and I too have beaten many good and strong players Including Bstar, exety and even denkai. I dont go around and bring that up like you because its disrespectful and it does not really matter who you have beaten, because every match is different and maybe next time those people that you have beaten will beat you. Also you lie because in one of the streams you said you have ps3 so dont make up excuses. I dont really care if we play or not just be respectful about it and not only to me but to others as well. On one thing I will agree with you though and that is I might need to take some time off vf which I might do after this raw.