1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Sunday Night R.A.W. -- Weekly Online Exhibitions

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by BLACKSTAR, Oct 5, 2013.

By BLACKSTAR on Oct 5, 2013 at 3:46 PM
  1. BLACKSTAR

BLACKSTAR You'll find him on the grind Staff Member Media Manager

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    Welcome to "Sunday Night R.A.W."! - Online exhibition matches - FT'5's, FT7's and all the way up to FT10's (if approved). They will occur on Sundays, from 7pm-until (EST), and will be streamed by me (@BLACKSTAR) at http://www.twitch.tv/blackstar_ga.​

Next: Sunday Night R.A.W. #51
    The LAST R.A.W. of Season #1!
    Sunday, April 12th, 2015 @ 6:30PM EST.

[​IMG]
    Exhibitions:

-Main Event (10pm EST): YYY | @BBountyHuntyr (Aoi) vs. @_Denkai_ (Jacky?) -- We're going out with BANG for the last Main Event of the Season! US' Best Aoi vs. Best Jacky!

-@Kamais_Ookin (???) vs @SNAKE BOSS (Lau), FT7, 9:15pm EST
    -@oneida (Lau) vs. @Shidosha (Taka?), FT7, 8:30pm EST
    -@Swordfish2 (Wolf) vs @VFhayato (Goh), FT7, 7:45pm EST
    -@Sindanez (Lei-Fei) vs @AngryFlyingChop (Goh), FT7, 7pm EST
    -@DigitlSamurai (Jacky) vs. @VFhayato (Goh), FT5, 6:30pm EST
    -

NOTE: CHARACTER LOCK IS NOW IN EFFECT FOR ALL R.A.W. MATCH EXHIBITIONS!
    Be sure to list your character when you sign up!

All R.A.W. matches are now STANDARD FT7, unless FT5/F10 is asked for, discussed, and agreed upon!

-Wanna make your own exhibition for this week's R.A.W.?
    Make your voice known in the comments!!

Are you interested in playing a long set on stream with commentary? ANYONE is invited, skill level is NOT a factor, and new players are encouraged to join in!

Make a post and let us know you want to join!

We want more people to commentate! ANYONE is invited to commentate, whether you are a vet or a new player, or if you wanna commentate or just laugh and joke with the players! During or before the sets begin, use Skype and send a message or friend request to 'blackstar2478' to join in on the call! Limited space in the XBL room will also be made available for those who want to use XBL Chat!

How it works is like this:

Reply on this thread with your gamertag, the date you (and your opponent, if applicable) are available, location you play from, and what you would like to do, and you will be placed on a list of 'interested players' on the opening post (this post).

For example:
    or like this
    NOTE: If you have an opponent in mind, make sure that THEY REPLY IN THE THREAD TOO, OR THE REQUEST WON'T COUNT.

Also, NOTE: FT10's take FOREVER, so only especially hype matches get to do those.

IF YOU WANT A PRE-RAW INTERVIEW DONE, IT IS DONE BY REQUEST ONLY FROM NOW ON.
    So, in other words, if you want an interview, just ask and I'll do it. If you're a spectator, and IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE SOMEONE GET INTERVIEWED, just ask me as well, and i'll try and arrange one with them if they want.

If there is a disconnection (DC) during a RAW set, neither player will win the match where the DC occurs (unless BLACKSTAR or designated person says otherwise).

Instead, both players will play the next match by first allowing each player to willingly give up the same number of rounds they had lost in the previous DC'd match, before playing out the rest of the match.

3 UNINTENTIONAL DC's are allowed in a RAW set. Any further DC's will result in the immediate end of the RAW set and a DRAW(can be overruled, if both participating players express that they wish to continue).

ANY 1 DC DEEMED INTENTIONAL by BLACKSTAR or designated person will result in the IMMEDIATE disqualification and loss of the entire RAW set for the offending player. A subsequent BAN from participation in future RAW events may also occur.

Sure, why not. Just see if your opponent is cool with it, and both of you guys let me know that that is what you want to do.

Short answer: NO.

Long answer: Unless you have a good reason where its ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE to do RAW on a Sunday, then NO. Even if you do, note that we will work with you, but nothing will be guaranteed. I have my own life to live, after all. That being said, if you want to have a RAW match, but can't do Sundays, let us know here on the RAW thread, and we will work with you.

Upcoming Matches and Interested players:

Last edited: Apr 12, 2015

Comments

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by BLACKSTAR, Oct 5, 2013.

1. SNAKE BOSS
      SNAKE BOSS
      Like I said I am not a scrub and if you want to be a scrub then do it by your self. I meant no disrespect about the conquer thing lol but you were poking the bear and I found your comments to be disrespectful. I dont disrespect anyone so there is no need to disrespect me or there could be trouble and that would be on you. So stop fooling around and instead of being disrespectful you should be helpful.
    2. SNAKE BOSS
      SNAKE BOSS
      Its no drama really, its just raw lol. By the way they started it, I just said I might not use Lau for are match which I have a choice on but they started this whole thing. I just want to do the game and not engage in any of this nonsense but I dont know what they want from me. I did not say anything except that I might use a different character which I have plenty of other characters that I play which they might not know about but that does not mean I am not good with them. There is always something to learn in this game even if someone has been playing for 20 years. So dont mind this nonsense and lets have a good match as we do in rank if not better.
    3. daRockReaper
      daRockReaper
      But thats the problem you try to defend yourself in these forums. Do it with your play. Challenge these skilled players with everything you have, learn from your mistakes and move on. No need to make excuses for yourself or run away for losing or any other foolishness. Just play
      Ellis likes this.
    4. ShinyBrentford
      ShinyBrentford
      Jobber with these fake creds! ROFL
      Kamais_Ookin likes this.
    5. SNAKE BOSS
      SNAKE BOSS
      That is what I have been saying.
    6. Stl_Tim
      Stl_Tim
      No, you haven't been saying just that. You have been trying to justify why you should have vf credibility.

So you went to an offline tourney, great! A couple of people commented that it showed promise towards something positive rather than the old sb shenanigans.

Having said that, your still on the road to recovery and maybe in the far off distant future saint vf will absolve you of all your past transgressions. As far as right now, you should heed your fellow vfrs comments wholeheartedly.

I'll break it down for you like a five star cuisine:

<La Bon VF cafe>
      1. Stop talking
      2. Stop posting
      3. Stop playing on psn
      4. Challenge everyone
      5. Host open rooms often
      6. Listen to your fellow vfrs advice
      7. Give it a lot of time to happen

Good luck
      Jacko, BlackGeneral, Ellis and 3 others like this.
    7. MarlyJay
      MarlyJay
      Wait wait wait...When did this happen?!?
      Jacko and ShinyBrentford like this.
    8. Riq
      Riq
      I've been ghost from vfdc for awhile and came back today. So much to read. Looks like the SB drama is back :p. Still bragging about NYG9 aye. Like okaaayy we get it. You showed up. We gave you props. Now all these peeps is asking from you is to play the game to your full potential (Bruh, taka though -__-) since you were begging to be on RAW since like forever after that exzety Ban match. TBH you're matches were pretty boring to watch. (you know a match is boring when people was not really interested on commentating your match).... To add 2 more cents. You should of challenge denkai to FT5 on stream then, if you have beaten before ;). That would've been more of an :eek: factor if you won. Because you know it's... OFFLINE!!! (something you've been bragging about as well. Make a scene in CT then probably people will consider on traveling there for some Vf. Other than that, No one is not coming there just to face you).... Oh yeah I Lol'd at "pro killer". That was cute... Time to crawl back into my hole :D. See you later VF'ers.
    9. VFhayato
      VFhayato
      I beat Partyboy badly!!! So bad 10 to 0!!! hahahahahahahahahahahah rage quit! wins!
      Modelah, BlackGeneral, Jacko and 4 others like this.
    10. Blitzball Champ
      Blitzball Champ
      Come November, @Kruza (in the words of Bill Goldberg), "YOU'RE NEXT!"
      Jacko, Ellis and Kamais_Ookin like this.
    11. Terracrush
      Terracrush
      Damn Haya with those high level mind games. Wins before the ft10 takes place.
      VFhayato and Jacko like this.
    12. DK
      DK
      So who has been crossed off the hitlist so far? Onieda... who else? You got to keep us updated.
    13. ShinyBrentford
      ShinyBrentford
      Congratulations on your First W. Now can you do me one favor? For the love of god when you got a opponent on Tech roll can you please for the love of god do a F5? Burning hammers and PGS are hype and all, but you should sneak in a F5 every once in a while. Do it for Brock.
      Kamais_Ookin and Blitzball Champ like this.
    14. Blitzball Champ
      Blitzball Champ
      I know. I am working on my inputs for that, but I struggle with the F5 inputs and they end up being Heaven's Impact unless I am on the right side.
    15. Blitzball Champ
      Blitzball Champ
      Just Onieda, but I would like to do a future FT10 with him sometime. I had fun fighting him!
    16. SNAKE BOSS
      SNAKE BOSS
      It was on psn but that does not really matter even though I respect denkai. I met him at NYG9 and we shook hands to show respect to each other. He seems like a good guy.
    17. ShinyBrentford
      ShinyBrentford
      ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    18. ShinyBrentford
      ShinyBrentford
    19. SNAKE BOSS
      SNAKE BOSS
      I am not talking, I just want to engage in the game and that is what I have been trying to do for the past month looking for opponents. I only reply back when someone starts talking shit that is not even true. Even cruz and marly said that on stream during NYG, that people start shit first. They met me in person and they know I am real and cool and respectful but the others might not know that and that is why they can only talk on here. Now about playing on psn, if I dont play on psn then were would I play? Also I have tried starting a scene here in CT but the few players that we have here dont want to. Also you say listen to advice from vfrs which I would if they actually gave me any especially about the game and my play style and what I can improve on but they dont. They can only criticize. I know what you are trying to say and its cool but its not only me, if people want to help then they should speak up in a respectful way. That is it.
    20. Seminasuke
      Seminasuke
      This post has only one sentence because I just want to shut up and play this Sunday.