1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Sunday Night R.A.W. -- Weekly Online Exhibitions

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by BLACKSTAR, Oct 5, 2013.

By BLACKSTAR on Oct 5, 2013 at 3:46 PM
  1. BLACKSTAR

BLACKSTAR You'll find him on the grind Staff Member Media Manager

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    Welcome to "Sunday Night R.A.W."! - Online exhibition matches - FT'5's, FT7's and all the way up to FT10's (if approved). They will occur on Sundays, from 7pm-until (EST), and will be streamed by me (@BLACKSTAR) at http://www.twitch.tv/blackstar_ga.​

Next: Sunday Night R.A.W. #51
    The LAST R.A.W. of Season #1!
    Sunday, April 12th, 2015 @ 6:30PM EST.

[​IMG]
    Exhibitions:

-Main Event (10pm EST): YYY | @BBountyHuntyr (Aoi) vs. @_Denkai_ (Jacky?) -- We're going out with BANG for the last Main Event of the Season! US' Best Aoi vs. Best Jacky!

-@Kamais_Ookin (???) vs @SNAKE BOSS (Lau), FT7, 9:15pm EST
    -@oneida (Lau) vs. @Shidosha (Taka?), FT7, 8:30pm EST
    -@Swordfish2 (Wolf) vs @VFhayato (Goh), FT7, 7:45pm EST
    -@Sindanez (Lei-Fei) vs @AngryFlyingChop (Goh), FT7, 7pm EST
    -@DigitlSamurai (Jacky) vs. @VFhayato (Goh), FT5, 6:30pm EST
    -

NOTE: CHARACTER LOCK IS NOW IN EFFECT FOR ALL R.A.W. MATCH EXHIBITIONS!
    Be sure to list your character when you sign up!

All R.A.W. matches are now STANDARD FT7, unless FT5/F10 is asked for, discussed, and agreed upon!

-Wanna make your own exhibition for this week's R.A.W.?
    Make your voice known in the comments!!

Are you interested in playing a long set on stream with commentary? ANYONE is invited, skill level is NOT a factor, and new players are encouraged to join in!

Make a post and let us know you want to join!

We want more people to commentate! ANYONE is invited to commentate, whether you are a vet or a new player, or if you wanna commentate or just laugh and joke with the players! During or before the sets begin, use Skype and send a message or friend request to 'blackstar2478' to join in on the call! Limited space in the XBL room will also be made available for those who want to use XBL Chat!

How it works is like this:

Reply on this thread with your gamertag, the date you (and your opponent, if applicable) are available, location you play from, and what you would like to do, and you will be placed on a list of 'interested players' on the opening post (this post).

For example:
    or like this
    NOTE: If you have an opponent in mind, make sure that THEY REPLY IN THE THREAD TOO, OR THE REQUEST WON'T COUNT.

Also, NOTE: FT10's take FOREVER, so only especially hype matches get to do those.

IF YOU WANT A PRE-RAW INTERVIEW DONE, IT IS DONE BY REQUEST ONLY FROM NOW ON.
    So, in other words, if you want an interview, just ask and I'll do it. If you're a spectator, and IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE SOMEONE GET INTERVIEWED, just ask me as well, and i'll try and arrange one with them if they want.

If there is a disconnection (DC) during a RAW set, neither player will win the match where the DC occurs (unless BLACKSTAR or designated person says otherwise).

Instead, both players will play the next match by first allowing each player to willingly give up the same number of rounds they had lost in the previous DC'd match, before playing out the rest of the match.

3 UNINTENTIONAL DC's are allowed in a RAW set. Any further DC's will result in the immediate end of the RAW set and a DRAW(can be overruled, if both participating players express that they wish to continue).

ANY 1 DC DEEMED INTENTIONAL by BLACKSTAR or designated person will result in the IMMEDIATE disqualification and loss of the entire RAW set for the offending player. A subsequent BAN from participation in future RAW events may also occur.

Sure, why not. Just see if your opponent is cool with it, and both of you guys let me know that that is what you want to do.

Short answer: NO.

Long answer: Unless you have a good reason where its ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE to do RAW on a Sunday, then NO. Even if you do, note that we will work with you, but nothing will be guaranteed. I have my own life to live, after all. That being said, if you want to have a RAW match, but can't do Sundays, let us know here on the RAW thread, and we will work with you.

Upcoming Matches and Interested players:

Last edited: Apr 12, 2015

Comments

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by BLACKSTAR, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Stl_Tim
      Stl_Tim
      Sticks and stones. What else you you got?
      leftylizard likes this.
    2. Rare_Entity
      Rare_Entity
      I'm ready for another set. It looks like no one has stepped up to challenge @Cozby . Guess I'll play him again if he is up for a rematch.
    3. SNAKE BOSS
      SNAKE BOSS
    4. BLACKSTAR
      BLACKSTAR
      its this sunday, man
    5. ShinyBrentford
      ShinyBrentford
      Been watching old RAW matches and made a new drinking game. Anytime I do commentary and say "O my goodness" take a drink
    6. SNAKE BOSS
      SNAKE BOSS
      That is cool. Also lets have more matches people for this Sunday. Sign up here because this might be the last raw of the year. Lets make it big.
    7. Libertine
      Libertine
      Due to my workload for a project, I may have to move my FT10 to the following Sunday. My semester is ending on the day of the FT10, and I have to make sure that I get everything done. I'll let you guys know as early as I can this Sunday if I can't play. If so, then I'll definitely be able to do it the next Sunday.
      Kamais_Ookin and BLACKSTAR like this.
    8. Libertine
      Libertine
      BLACKSTAR likes this.
    9. Rare_Entity
      Rare_Entity
      @BLACKSTAR I'll be available this Sunday if you need more participants. I'll play anyone provided we have a decent connect.
      BLACKSTAR likes this.
    10. DK
      DK
      Thats like your catchphrase though
    11. SNAKE BOSS
      SNAKE BOSS
      Ok what time is it going to be? Since you did not update this thread I dont know the time and date for this match. I know you been busy with that guilty gear. From 7 to 10 pm is fine for me.
    12. BLACKSTAR
      BLACKSTAR
      8pm is fine. @Jacko

@Cozby @Rare_Entity are you guys playing tonight?
      Jacko likes this.
    13. SNAKE BOSS
      SNAKE BOSS
      If my match vs Jacko is the only one of the night then I wont mind if it gets pushed to next week where there will be 2 or more matches instead. I don't mind either way though this week or next, its all good to me.
    14. BLACKSTAR
      BLACKSTAR
      GREAT.

So as long as @Libertine @Rare_Entity @Cozby and @Jacko are cool with it, RAW will be POSTPONED until next Sunday. Now I can play more Xrd. :D Wait. I shouldn't type that....
      Libertine, Ellis, Jacko and 1 other person like this.
    15. Rare_Entity
      Rare_Entity
      Yea thats fine. Haven't heard back from Cozby anyway and noone else has issued a challenge.
    16. Jacko
      Jacko
      No issues here. I think @SNAKE BOSS meant to say, however, is that he rather push it to next week where he will have more time to train.

Plus, Libertine vs Tim needs to happen ASAP.
    17. SNAKE BOSS
      SNAKE BOSS
      Train I will and I will see you next week. Happy Holidays to all.
      Ellis and Jacko like this.
    18. Libertine
      Libertine
      That's perfect for me. I still have some work left to do and I didn't sleep all night. : P
      Kamais_Ookin likes this.
    19. Stl_Tim
      Stl_Tim
      Should I complain now and berate you since your not showing up?

Isn't this normal behavior for opponents that do that?

I guess later I'll find a picture of you and photoshop it with taunts and foul things happening to you, so I can feel good about myself.

I'll then hide behind my computer and man up in my own way, gangsta. Talk with my gangsta crew on how to ruin an already small non-exsistent fg community.

Later, I'll ask a couple of vfrs on here to help me antagonize and make fun of you until next weekend, because after all it's just funny, right??? @-@ (smh)

Merry Christmas

Oh yeah, please hit the like button below me, so I know I'm cool and you can be cool too with me, coolatron unite.
      Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
      Libertine and BLACKSTAR like this.
    20. Chief_Flash
      Chief_Flash
      Wow look at Timmy playing the victim card with his thesaurus. Nobody puts words in your mouth; that shit come out of your own. Making fun of people’s wives/gf, their race and ethicality on the mic? Making fun of veterans medical conditions after they serve and protect the very freedom that which you enjoy? PTSD freak? Raped in the military… and now you are crying a river on people berating you?? Are you for real? Do you even hear the shit that comes out of your mouth?

Listen Tim, Here’s the truth: nobody likes you… half of people can’t even tolerate you. Cuz you bitch and whining EVERY FUCKING TIME.. you LOSE.. 15 years of playing you and not once have I just got a message that just said “GG” or “That was nice”.. Instead every fucking time it’s some PMS about how you fucking lost, whether it’s some move you can’t deal with or lag or some shit. EVERY FUCKING TIME… Just shut the fuck up for a minute and take the lost. It’s fucking sad a grow man bitch and cry so fucking much. Do you realize the ever since VF5 the only time I played you for more than 2 games in a row is WHEN I LET YOU WIN? Ya man… It’s not like you don’t want to play.. you only want to fucking play when you win.

Every new player that have beaten you have got some bullshit from you through PMs or on the mic about how they should be playing Tekken or some rant on how they ain’t playing VF right. How many people Timmy has turned away from VF like this? Talking about hiding behind the mic talking shit? Are you kidding me? Let’s talk about how you rank dodges, and flips out on people when you lose, and how you whining so much people can’t even keep the mic on.

Anyone here who has beaten Tim and got a GG, raising you fucking hand.