1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Sunday Night R.A.W. -- Weekly Online Exhibitions

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by BLACKSTAR, Oct 5, 2013.

By BLACKSTAR on Oct 5, 2013 at 3:46 PM
  1. BLACKSTAR

BLACKSTAR You'll find him on the grind Staff Member Media Manager

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    Welcome to "Sunday Night R.A.W."! - Online exhibition matches - FT'5's, FT7's and all the way up to FT10's (if approved). They will occur on Sundays, from 7pm-until (EST), and will be streamed by me (@BLACKSTAR) at http://www.twitch.tv/blackstar_ga.​

Next: Sunday Night R.A.W. #51
    The LAST R.A.W. of Season #1!
    Sunday, April 12th, 2015 @ 6:30PM EST.

[​IMG]
    Exhibitions:

-Main Event (10pm EST): YYY | @BBountyHuntyr (Aoi) vs. @_Denkai_ (Jacky?) -- We're going out with BANG for the last Main Event of the Season! US' Best Aoi vs. Best Jacky!

-@Kamais_Ookin (???) vs @SNAKE BOSS (Lau), FT7, 9:15pm EST
    -@oneida (Lau) vs. @Shidosha (Taka?), FT7, 8:30pm EST
    -@Swordfish2 (Wolf) vs @VFhayato (Goh), FT7, 7:45pm EST
    -@Sindanez (Lei-Fei) vs @AngryFlyingChop (Goh), FT7, 7pm EST
    -@DigitlSamurai (Jacky) vs. @VFhayato (Goh), FT5, 6:30pm EST
    -

NOTE: CHARACTER LOCK IS NOW IN EFFECT FOR ALL R.A.W. MATCH EXHIBITIONS!
    Be sure to list your character when you sign up!

All R.A.W. matches are now STANDARD FT7, unless FT5/F10 is asked for, discussed, and agreed upon!

-Wanna make your own exhibition for this week's R.A.W.?
    Make your voice known in the comments!!

Are you interested in playing a long set on stream with commentary? ANYONE is invited, skill level is NOT a factor, and new players are encouraged to join in!

Make a post and let us know you want to join!

We want more people to commentate! ANYONE is invited to commentate, whether you are a vet or a new player, or if you wanna commentate or just laugh and joke with the players! During or before the sets begin, use Skype and send a message or friend request to 'blackstar2478' to join in on the call! Limited space in the XBL room will also be made available for those who want to use XBL Chat!

How it works is like this:

Reply on this thread with your gamertag, the date you (and your opponent, if applicable) are available, location you play from, and what you would like to do, and you will be placed on a list of 'interested players' on the opening post (this post).

For example:
    or like this
    NOTE: If you have an opponent in mind, make sure that THEY REPLY IN THE THREAD TOO, OR THE REQUEST WON'T COUNT.

Also, NOTE: FT10's take FOREVER, so only especially hype matches get to do those.

IF YOU WANT A PRE-RAW INTERVIEW DONE, IT IS DONE BY REQUEST ONLY FROM NOW ON.
    So, in other words, if you want an interview, just ask and I'll do it. If you're a spectator, and IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE SOMEONE GET INTERVIEWED, just ask me as well, and i'll try and arrange one with them if they want.

If there is a disconnection (DC) during a RAW set, neither player will win the match where the DC occurs (unless BLACKSTAR or designated person says otherwise).

Instead, both players will play the next match by first allowing each player to willingly give up the same number of rounds they had lost in the previous DC'd match, before playing out the rest of the match.

3 UNINTENTIONAL DC's are allowed in a RAW set. Any further DC's will result in the immediate end of the RAW set and a DRAW(can be overruled, if both participating players express that they wish to continue).

ANY 1 DC DEEMED INTENTIONAL by BLACKSTAR or designated person will result in the IMMEDIATE disqualification and loss of the entire RAW set for the offending player. A subsequent BAN from participation in future RAW events may also occur.

Sure, why not. Just see if your opponent is cool with it, and both of you guys let me know that that is what you want to do.

Short answer: NO.

Long answer: Unless you have a good reason where its ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE to do RAW on a Sunday, then NO. Even if you do, note that we will work with you, but nothing will be guaranteed. I have my own life to live, after all. That being said, if you want to have a RAW match, but can't do Sundays, let us know here on the RAW thread, and we will work with you.

Upcoming Matches and Interested players:

Last edited: Apr 12, 2015

Comments

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by BLACKSTAR, Oct 5, 2013.

1. BBountyHuntyr
      BBountyHuntyr
      I hope for that too. Maybe test out the connection before the match starts is a good idea this time instead of jumping right into it.

I'll be rooting for you though Val!! :LOL::LOL:
      Valakrie likes this.
    2. Valakrie
      Valakrie
      Thank you Bounty! Good luck to you as well :).
      BBountyHuntyr likes this.
    3. BLACKSTAR
      BLACKSTAR
      We're set for this sunday, but who wants to fight @Jason Elbow for next Sunday?
    4. Libertine
      Libertine
      I think you'll do very well! We can also have a FT10 on another RAW if you're interested, but I wanted an XBL player to know how good you are. You can kill me another day. : P
    5. SNAKE BOSS
    6. Blitzball Champ
      Blitzball Champ
      Thanks SB. Lets do it again sometime!
    7. Jacko
      Jacko
      PSN sure put cherries on top...cherry bombs, that is...
      Valakrie likes this.
    8. Blitzball Champ
      Blitzball Champ
      I'm so disappointed in myself. I have no excuses. I played bad and I know I played bad. My awareness is lacking and I get anxious. I have no defense whatsoever and I feel naive because the stuff others have shown me I haven't tried much because I feel like in my mind it will fail me somehow. I feel like I defeat myself more sometimes. I would like to apologize to everyone that watched RAW tonight for my utter embarrassment. I feel like I have been broken ever since I lost the Kruza rematch. I have come to the realization that I really need to learn frames, but it is so confusing. sigh..........oh well, i hope to bounce back from this. Thanks @BLACKSTAR @BBountyHuntyr @SNAKE BOSS for letting me play and for the matches.
      IcKY99, Craigbot, Kruza and 1 other person like this.
    9. Libertine
      Libertine
      I'm sorry that RAW turned out the way it did, since it may have been better had I been Valakrie's opponent in the first place. I will definitely be her opponent the next time she's able to play, unless somebody with a better connection accepts before then.
      Valakrie likes this.
    10. Libertine
      Libertine
      You don't need to apologize for anything. Also, don't let trolling in the chat make you depressed. It's what happens to all of us (right or wrong), including me. Just take whatever constructive criticism you can find within the trolling (which are jokes, trust me) and try to use the advice you receive.

Lastly, keep in mind that many of us have been playing this game for years. It only makes sense that we're going to have skills that you don't (currently) have.
      Craigbot, Modelah, VFhayato and 2 others like this.
    11. BBountyHuntyr
      BBountyHuntyr
      Fishy, do not feel down. I felt the exact same way, and this exact same pain. Believe me, it takes a huge hit like this for a MASSIVE change. You will become Wolf incarnate. Please, keep working hard, learning new things, be creative, and most of all...be you. It's hard when you have so many people in your ear, but once you find your own spirit and flow of battle, you'll be one of the Top Wolf threats in VF.
      Craigbot and Blitzball Champ like this.
    12. Blitzball Champ
      Blitzball Champ
      @Libertine @BBountyHuntyr You guys are so right. I have to adapt and keep trying. This fighting game I play more than others, and I see how everyone plays and haves fun. I think when I took it to a level of seriousness, I neglected the fun part. I feel like people are more welcoming than ever before. Everyone here is awesome. You know, @Stl_Tim made a good point. Just flat out host open room matches and invite people and fight. Learn from greats like you guys instead of straight out gunning for them. Dojo time added is a key as well. I know y'all do what y'all do and have fun at it, and I will try harder to get there.............:)!
      Craigbot, BBountyHuntyr and Libertine like this.
    13. Kamais_Ookin
      Kamais_Ookin
      Crushing defeats are great in that it really makes you self reflect on where you went wrong and gives you the means to move forward improving on those aspects. It's ok to have the jitters before your match but by the time your first game is done you should be fine. Learn to strengthen your focus and have confidence in yourself and the training that you have put in. Do not be intimidated by no one, you're not some tiny pos fish in the sea you're swordfishy damnit.

Sometime in the future I will play snake boss with Wolfy so you may see how it works against him and his 3rd rate spams.
      IcKY99, Craigbot, Kruza and 5 others like this.
    14. Valakrie
      Valakrie
      What happened with the connections was pretty embarrassing and disappointing. Regardless, I really appreciate @Jacko, @BLACKSTAR, Hayato, Cruz, and everyone else who attended late despite the "outcome". With that said, I no longer want to do the Interview anymore.

Though, I am looking forward to seeing the matches with @SNAKE BOSS, @BBountyHuntyr, and @Swordfish2!

Also Blackstar, for some reason you are not showing up on my friends list, even though I added you a long time ago. Strangely, I can still see you on my friends list when using the PSN app. Really strange.
      Craigbot, BLACKSTAR and VFhayato like this.
    15. Valakrie
      Valakrie
      lol PSN's favorite band is The Runaways.
      Jacko and BLACKSTAR like this.
    16. VFhayato
      VFhayato
      Don't worry guys! Maybe next time we will see some matches in soon! But remember guys! don't let trolling get to you! in the chat or mic. Look at me! people been trolling me forever! i'm so use to it already I don't even care because you just have to be you and do what you have to do. When I lost to shiny 10 to 0 I didn't cry and kept training to become better. everyone has that ladder they have to climb.
    17. ShinyBrentford
      ShinyBrentford
      So rematch on 360?
      BLACKSTAR likes this.
    18. ShinyBrentford
      ShinyBrentford
      So rematch on 360?
      BLACKSTAR likes this.
    19. Jacko
      Jacko
      Don't sweat it, don't stress it, just take it for what it is: A "Circumstances be damned" moment. Don't let the hype and anticipation from everyone make it feel like you owed them something. You stepped up and came through (which is better than what many people who post on this site do). PSN be PSN, but it's whatever.

As for the whole PSN vs XBL argument...while it's painstaking obvious XBL is the superior choice, I understand that not everyone has the luxury of getting a new console just for a superior service. All I can say, is that if ANYONE who plays on PSN exclusively and CAN spend the $ to get 360/XBL...please do so, because Sony has definitely abandoned PS3 PSN and the servers have gone to even more shit since PS4 dropped.
      Craigbot, Valakrie and Kamais_Ookin like this.
    20. Jacko
      Jacko
      lol rematch between you and @Libertine would actually be more interesting. I saw you both going at it in the chatroom and tbh, it's only fair to say that the "double trouble" session was like a year ago. Lib's gotten better since then, but only one way to find out, no?

I have Resident Evil Revelations 2 and Final Fantasy Type-0 HD going to keep me occupied for a long, LONG while. :)