1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Super Arcade Kickstarter is live - please pledge and share

Discussion in 'News' started by Plague, Mar 21, 2014.

By Plague on Mar 21, 2014 at 2:01 PM
  1. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    sa-crowd-fund-logo-800x600.jpg
    Super Arcade, the official home of SEGA Cup and VF5:FS at Wednesday Night Fights, is looking to upgrade their facility in a big way. They need your help to do it. Please pledge generously and share this link with reckless abandon - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1079692033/super-arcade-project-2014

They picked up almost $30,000 in the first three days of the campaign. Please keep the momentum rolling. It's a great way to say thank you for all they've done for VF and VFDC. It's a great way to share the arcade lifestyle with all who have yet to experience it.

If you love video games and all the opportunities that come from being involved with people that make and play them, this is your chance to give back and allow others to develop that love in their own lives.

phanatik, PineTree, Airegin and 2 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Plague, Mar 21, 2014.

1. YOMI
      YOMI
      I think Watson should just admit that Super Arcade is going the way of Family Fun and the others.
    2. Plague
      Plague
      Such support. Wow. Vary positive. So insight. Quite internet.
    3. IcKY99
      IcKY99
      Well I for one have backed them and have been a regular patron for 2 years now, this place is vital for multiple game communities and Watson has still allowed us VF'ers to show up and play even though our turnouts are low every week. I love arcades and don't want to see another die.
      cobratron, Airegin and TheKillingJoke like this.
    4. Rodnutz
      Rodnutz
      I know Watson personally and I think he would rather let the Arcade go out of business than turn into a TRUE Family Fun Center. If anything I'd say he is trying to find a happy middle.

While there is no doubt in my mind he wants to and WILL cater to the hardcore audience at the end of the day this is a business. A business that he has devoted his entire life to and to keep it afloat well he will have to slightly cater to the non FGC audience just a little bit.

Honestly I think cities across the country need more places like this. Here is to hoping this shit is successful as hell and he can reignite the arcade scene and expand.

New York better be his next stop!
      cobratron likes this.
    5. Airegin
      Airegin
      Pledged. I definitely don't want to see another quality establishment go the way of Southtown Arcade.

If it weren't for WNF I never would have gotten into VF5 the way I have, time to give back.
      cobratron likes this.
    6. PineTree
      PineTree
      Love kickstarter, even though I don't live close to the area, happy to support this project. I remember going to this place a few times over the years. Hope it makes it.
      cobratron likes this.
    7. cobratron
      cobratron
      Just donated. Only 2 days left so pitch in while you can.
      Plague and IcKY99 like this.