1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Taka 101

Discussion in 'Taka' started by Sebo, Mar 27, 2012.

1. DrunkenFist

DrunkenFist Active Member

Hey thanks guys for putting this up! Great information, I never played Taka before this and when it was coming out I knew I wanted to. So this really helps speed up the learning process. Of course I'm still going to play Shun, they have gave him a some great options in this one.

2. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

Wrong. CD takes you into a crouchstate in 5 frames while normal ducking takes 7 so you can fuzzy with CD at -5. Maybe taka specific?

3. Leonard_McCoy

Leonard_McCoy Well-Known Member

Or perhaps he was practicing against Wolf's 9-frame throw? Same happened to me, which freaked me out at first until I realized Wolf's forward-throw peculiarity.

4. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    Offline, P, 2P, 6P, 66P.

Online... uh... play offline. It's better.

5. ZaFuuru

ZaFuuru New Member

Could you guys please tell me which combo to do after HCB throw? What's the most damaging combo?

Another thing: do command throws have all the same startup? I know neutral throws start in 10 frames, but I don't know about HCB and HCF thorws.

6. FallingEdge

FallingEdge Well-Known Member

Offline all the way of course haha. Sometimes though, my choices are limited =/

Thanks for the info.

7. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    [P]+[K] juggle starter and then as usual

Basically yes. There are some notable exceptions tough

8. Reno

Reno Well-Known Member

This is something that was brought up during the first version of Final Showdown, that Taka couldn't fuzzy in that situation. But I don't know whether or not it got fixed for Version A/Console

9. Sebo

PSN:
    Sebopants
    [6][3][2][1][4][P]+[G], you have two good options: [P]+[K] combos (see Reno`s Taka combo thread), or [6][6][P][P] to ring out over half-fence (with proper spacing).

To get them to come out at the same speed, you need to buffer them. While blocking an attack, do the circular motion, and as you get to the last input ([6] or [4]) input [P]+[G].

10. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

Tested yesterday,I confirm that Taka can't CD under throws at -5.
    Maybe it's something that was made on purpose due to it's weight ?

11. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    It might be because Takas hitbox is abnormally large or something..

12. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    How the fuck does Taka deal with 1p from Akira? It does so much damage, ducks my high and isn't punishable. It's fucking... It's a weakness or something for Taka FUCK!

13. Sofiane

Sofiane Well-Known Member

PSN:
    sofiane-senshu
    XBL:
    Sofiane-senshu
    You can duck and evade Akira's 1p so those are 2 options already to deal with it.

14. Sebo

PSN:
    Sebopants
    Less highs then. [4][P]+[K] is the answer to EVERYTHING (hyperbole, but it will beat out [1][P] with the correct advantage). (Taka is so fucking boring)

15. Kunicaps

Kunicaps New Member

Wonderful job,

I'm gonna print this and read it again and again!

***Peace***

16. NGKrush

NGKrush Well-Known Member

PSN:
    de_kroet
    XBL:
    de kroet
    so what are your taka wall findings?

wall stagger
    -3p+k
    -(4p)p+k

wall splat (high/mid)
    -46p
    -(4pp)p
    -33p+k
    -33p (at correct angle)

after high/mid wall splat:
    -43p,6p+kpp

after low wall splat:
    -6p+kpp
    -6kpp

questions:
    -can you do other/better juggles after 63214p+g near the wall due to less pushback?
    -which moves are best to use after wall stagger vs a good staggeresc player.
    -is stance good near wall?

17. FlyMike

FlyMike Well-Known Member

PSN:
    FlyMike45
    Wall staggers
    -Stance->4P+K+G->P (shoulder) wall staggers
    -BT K

Wall splats

After high/mid wall splat you should be doing
    -33P+K, 43P, (cancel into stance), ->P+K, 3P+K/33P+K/9P/6P+KPP

There's better I'm sure, but my universal HCB+P+G combo near wall is P+K, 1PP, 2P+KP. For all weights.

For players who like to shake out of stagger, I usually go for 3P+K stagger, use the plus frames from that to help get a quick splat from 3K, then into above wall combo.

Stance is ok near wall for players who freeze up a bit on wall and break the wallgrabs. If you've already introduced stance options(P,K,P+K, P+K+G) into the match before this point, they'll think before trying to attack once stance has started if you timed it on wakeup. They won't want to block P+K+G, but them trying to step with potential of P coming out instead is too dangerous. Anyway, you could try 4P+K+G out of stance, then P. If they're still close to wall, you'll get the stagger and go from there.

18. NGKrush

PSN:
    de_kroet
    XBL:
    de kroet
    great info, i found the combo after splat yesterday too after checking some yt vids. it's a very good one!

-(2)6p also wallsplats

i think we have all hits then. would you prefer 3k wallsplat over 6k?
    ----
    and another question: how should taka punish -14 frame lows? with low throw only?

19. KowtowRobinson

KowtowRobinson Well-Known Member

If you're having problems with their 2p interrupts, don't forget that 2p is negative on block, giving you the advantage back (jab/elbow if they do a fast high like their jab, more LOL4P+K fun if they do anything else) and short ranged as well. Reno demonstrated in his match that even at negative frames, he was able to backdash and crouch grab a 2p against a pretty damned good player.

Learning to punish people properly for 2p abuse takes time to get used to since the total frames of the move are really pretty short. Gotta learn to recognize it quickly and know your best responses.

EDIT: and yes because of the short window to act here, online makes this harder. Not impossible on a good connection, but harder. Facts of life, I still play online anyway but it's something you have to be aware of.

20. NGKrush

PSN:
    de_kroet
    XBL:
    de kroet
    can u guys get 66p(ch) 2p to connect on goh and lighter?
    doesn't work for me.

on sideturned, you can only get ppp, the same as normal position, only it is now 0 frames on hit instead of -3.

backdashing after moves into tenchiai is only really possible after pp, 4p and 4pp+k on block because of frames and/or pushback. not tested on hit.

finishing a juggle with 3p+k gives the best recovery so you can force extra damage off ppl that don't tech.

moves that hit grounded:
    k
    33p (very hard to connect because of speed, gives small relaunch)
    33p+k (easy to connect, but very open if opp does tech, gives small relaunch)
    4k+g (ppl on the floor can mash into sideroll and still evade this if they don't tech, only noob bait)
    2p+kp (also connects after 33p+k small relaunch)
    3p+k (fastest because of fast recovery, but least dmg)

u can relaunch after 46p and (2)46p with dash in 1pp if opp doesn't tech.

(2)46p (ch) dash, 1pp 6p+kpp = 124 dmg, that's so much extra damage if they don't tech!!

41236p only launches on ch, to get this when using the armor in the move you need to eat a punch in a string and get 41236p to connect before the followup. I haven't tested this at all, but i guess it would work on strings like jean 33pk.
    the armor is not instant, so you can't use it to break open punch pressure.

6kk,1pp 33p+k leaves the op head down, feet away. haven't seen so many taka juggles that give this, so maybe there is a way to use this? in this position while rising attacks are still full circle.

if 66p hits the opp into the air, but is just to far for a wall splat, the opp bounces back. quickly do 46p for the wall splat and finish with 6p+kpp for 70 dmg (normalhit)