1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Taka 46p+g backthrow.

Discussion in 'Taka' started by social_ruin, Oct 11, 2013.

1. social_ruin

social_ruin Well-Known Member

I would like to be able to get this throw in when i play. Here is my issue with it. If i evade towards taka's back, then 4kp leaves them backturned to me. At this point i can neutral p+g throw and it works.

However, if i do 46p+g rather than executing taka's 46 back throw he lunges forward and grabs them in his 46p+g catch throw. This of course sucks. The catchthrow takes 50% more frames, does less damage, and has 33% escape chance rather than 0% escape chance of backthrow.
    Is it possible to do 46p+k back throw when your own attack leads to opponent back turned situation?

Thanks.

2. YOMI

YOMI not a legendary game designer

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    You're only going to land it if your opponent whiffs a move with a really lenghty recovery time, we're talking like a knee launcher, but that's extremely unlikely to happen since it would have to be a situation like they do a move which you evade and after that they try to do the knee when you're already side turned so you evade again to end up in their back. Off the top of my head I can't think of a single high move that would have such a recovery time or no options afterwards to interrupt it that the throw would be guaranteed, it's just so slow, like you said it's more likely they can guard in time and you'll just get the regular 3-way catch throw, plus if you'd just do a launcher like 33P+K, which is way faster, you'd end up doing more than 65 damage anyway so what's the point?

3. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

Double evades on some strings allow for this. I know Wolf can land his burning driver this way. Taka is probably better off with a combo though, as his special backthrow is not a very damaging one.