1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Taka: Ask a question, get an answer

Discussion in 'Taka' started by YOMI, Apr 27, 2013.

1. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

No I didn't, I completely forgot Taka has that punish vs himself.

2. YOMI

YOMI not a legendary game designer

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    I meant you suggested it has it's use in mirror matches. Reading comprehension, man.

3. MakiLeSushi

MakiLeSushi Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    lil question, the k+gp combos on combo list work only on ch or on crouch stagger also?

4. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

I did a quick test vs Vanessa (my pleasure :p). I didn't know that K+G could cause a crouch stagger. The cpu doesn't recover fast enough to avoid the follow up so Yes: you can do a full K+GP combo with that stagger.
    However the distance changes if vanessa is blocking or not. With a guard the stagger occurs and taka will be close enough to continue with the combo. Without guarding Vanessa is to distant to continue istantly the combo so you need to do a small dash (may be not possibile depending on the character taka is facing).

So in the end there's a chance to punish a crouching opponent but the scenarios make it difficult to continue properly.

MakiLeSushi likes this.
  5. Throwback

Throwback Member

I asked this months ago and got some great answers. I was just playing around and have notes for some of these.

[6][P]+[K] - if you could somehow land the whole string, the total pushback is huge. Potentially the threat of walls can lead into a "guaranteed" throw.

[4][6][P] - looks like it has a tech crouch but I couldn't get it to work.

[6][K] - the opponent has to wait out the mid followup, making this a (possible?) throw mixup, since it leaves you close to the opponent.

[3][K] - huge range, very situational for a ringout when you are risking a...two-hand reversal...? Yeah I don't know what this move is for lol

[4][K] - longer range than 4[P]+[K] and best of all, combos on NH for sideturned!

[3][P]:[P]+[G] - longer range than 4[P]+[K], I'm guessing this is primarily an opening move & whiff punisher.

hcb [P] - the [P]+[K] followup gives sideturned, doesn't combo on NH, didn't think to test CH

[2][6][P] - holy shit the range on this is huge. Catches step to taka's back.

Last edited: May 11, 2015
  6. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    I got few questions:
    How work the taka s reversal 4p+k+g i lean which kind of move it reverse and not reverse. Same question for 426p.
    After wall stagger which moves gives u big wall splatt?
    Why use 33p when 33p+k seems to have same priority but it s faster?
    Which throws gives u wall extensions and in which case to use it?
    And for a beginner which moves i have to focus on more?
    I got other questions but fir now i can t remind it. So ty by advance...

7. Modelah

Modelah Well-Known Member VFDC Translator Content Manager Taka

PSN:
    Modelah
    First up @MakiLeSushi, I realise that this is nothing more than an attempt by you, @PReP and other slutty Van-pimps to get thier dirty hands on dat majestic Taka teckk. However, being the nice-guy Taka CM Genie that I am, I feel compelled to share some wisdoms with yous. :p

[4][P]+[K]+[G] and [4][1][2][3][6][P] have armour against all single limbed (one-armed) elbow and punch attacks that don't knock down. It's great for [P]/[6][P] pokers and characters that have position switching throws that are often followed up by such an attack, like Shun's [6][P][+][G] to [2][3][6][P] Chouwan follow-up.
    Be aware that you can also do [4][P]+[K]+[G] when sideturned and backturned.

Big Wall Splats: I usually only use [3][3][P][+][K] because it's a major part of the wall combos I use. Other options are:
    [4][6][P], [3][K], [6][K], and the last hit of [4][P][P][P].

[3][3][P] is slower but does 5 pts more damage and has much longer range than [3][3][P][+][K]. It's also slightly better on block. I use it at range, and when I think the opp may walk forward into it.
    [3][3][P]: 30 dmg/22f/-15 on block. [3][3][P][+][K]: 25dmg/17f/-17 on block.
    Remember that [3][3][P][+][K] has 4 active frames so it's better as a meaty. [3][3][P] and other options like [4][6][P] and [6][K] have only 3 active frames.

(Taka's back to wall) [6][3][2][1][4][P][+][G] / [1][P][+][G] (low throw), [2_][4][P][+][G], and [4][P][+][G] have wall combo follow-ups. See the combo section.

As a beginner, the most important moves to know are:
    1. [P], [6][P], [2][P] hit-checked into [4][P][+][K][P] or [4][1][2][3][6][P][+][G] or [6][3][2][1][4][P][+][G] (followed by a [P][+][K] combo)
    2. Hit-check [4][P][+][K]([P])
    3. [P][+][K] to punish blocked launchers
    4. [3][3][P] when at range or when you think the opp will throw/[3][3][P][+][K] to punish whiffs or blow up Aoi's stupid Tenchi shit
    5. [4][6][P][+][G] catch throw to beat fuzzy and evades, also great on oki
    6. CH[K] to destroy backdashers (follow with [3][3][P][+][K] combo)

Seethe combo section for combos after [4][P][+][K][P] and [P][+][K].

Your basic strat as Taka should always be:
    When your opp is in nitaku, apply [4][P][+][K]/throw mixup. Taka has the absolute best nitaku game in FS.

Punish hard. Use [P][+][K] if you evade something big or guard a move that gives you +15 (most NH launchers). Use [P][P][P] if you aren't sure.

If you make them whiff then make sure you punish with [3][3][P][+][K]. Taka has awesome range, your opp should be afraid of whiffing anything.

Punish sweeps with [4][P][+][K][P]. Punish safer lows with a low throw.

Hope this helps, now go forth and conquer!

Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
    Mister, Ellis, Ytpme_Secaps and 2 others like this.
  8. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    @Modelah ty bro for sharing all those infos. 1 thing u want u to know, i prefer vanessa coz it s van forever... but as sub taka could be a lethal weapon ( mainly vs aoi) i ll apply all u said but i ll use also 4pp set ups and 44p mukku use it a lot so i think it s good to use it

Modelah likes this.
  9. Ytpme_Secaps

Ytpme_Secaps Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Jami San
    Great Taka primer ,Modeleh. Good overall concept layed out.

Maki- Van has more than enough to deal with Aoi, you must commit to anti-Aoi technique with your main or she will always cause problems. Character change to get a better matchup has no place in VF imo. Secondly , if gunsniper is the Aoi thats causing problems, anti Aoi sabaki proof moves will only get you so far...there is NO ONE better at reading tendencies and your anti Aoi techniques are just the price of admission. ;)

p.s. Most Aoi players can get caught with things that seem noobish...like a delayed pppk string and so on... usually because she is always at the ready to abare(attack from disadvantage) with something(sabaki/tenchi/double palm) ... this is my experience with the likes of Gun, Bounty, even Craig a bit..slighlty less so with silent neph and KingofVF, but still relevant.

Again ,the mere mention of Aoi, and off I go again.... :)

10. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    wait no misunderstood, i never said that van isn t a good char vs aoi, i m far from this idea, but taka got some few moves which can deal with yy so easily... I think for taka it s an easier MU than for van, simple exemple, aoi sweep get blocked, 2 choices opponent doesn t do anything and u got +18 or he goes in yy stance, for van she s got nothing to deal with it... Only guess nothing guaranteed i mean. taka got k+gp or even 33p+k for max dmg combo. it s just an example ofc

11. Ytpme_Secaps

XBL:
    Jami San
    Ok, so, you block Aoi's sweep and as usual she doesnt just accept the -18, instead she stance switches into yin yang(tenchi), when that happens, you have an opening with Van just the same as Taka, now if its Gunsniper he with pull yin yang and then yin yang "evade" so your linear response will whiff, but a full circ sbaki proof move will be guaranteed , for Van off the top of my head is K+G (defenseive stance) Im sure she has even better options tho...

p.s. No diss on Taka, I think its awesome if he is your number 2, and he might have "better" options in those sitiations...but I'm sure Van has good ones if you find em.

12. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    the best option would be her shoulder ram if it was an 18 fr move but it s 19fr. Btw it s not about gunsniper or anyone else, just aoi set ups, and for this case as i said it s just guessing.

13. Ytpme_Secaps

XBL:
    Jami San
    I will do some testing, but what id like to check is how fast/slow the move needs to be...because we are not needing something to punish her negative 18, we are looking to blow up her tenchi stance after the low sweep is guarded (and ill check the from when it lands as well) so in that case 19 might just do it.

For Kage , after the low sweep i would use 66k (circular low sweep) and its 29f but still would connect before any of her post-tenchi options (including the tenchi evade)

14. YOMI

YOMI not a legendary game designer

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    Taka isn't an auto-win character VS. Aoi any more than Vanessa is, he won't subsistute a lack of skill in any form. Aoi can Tenchi sidestep and punish Taka's 33P+K after hit/blocked Aoi 2K+G no problems every time, so it's not any sort of win button.

15. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    Whatever this is just a case in a match it doesn t mean u will win thx to that... another question, parallele to the wall there s a set up with 2p+k and 2p+kp then 33p+k but 2p+kp isn t a natural 2hit combo on nh? Is there any set up of this kind with a mid and a high wich cause a wall hit?

16. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

2_6P can slap the opponent to a wall towards your back.

4P and 44P can cause side wallhit into guaranteed follow-ups towards your front. In the case of 44P you get BT P+K into catch.

If 44P counterhits it causes a wallstagger and BT K into a combo is guaranteed.

17. Modelah

Modelah Well-Known Member VFDC Translator Content Manager Taka

PSN:
    Modelah
    CH4PP+K(wall)> Tachi'ai P+K(splat)

18. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    Ty for answers... @Modelah i already know for that set up but i think it doesn t work when u re parallele to the wall. @Combolammas those moves are mid high spe high?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  19. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

2_6P is mid and works on the same side as 2P+K.
    4P and 44P are high.

MakiLeSushi likes this.
  20. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    when i do hcf p+k on hit it doesn t write ho much advantage it is but it seems that even 33p connect on hit combo, anyone test it?