1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Taka Combos

Discussion in 'Taka' started by Reno, May 29, 2012.

1. metadata

metadata Member

I can't belive what i see.

The ender is in 1:27 is marvelous! Seems pretty cool, and isn't an easy input.

The [4][6][P] isn't better than the [3][3][P] ? Or it can't connect?

2. Maxou

Maxou Well-Known Member

Actually both can connect. [4][6][P] ender "only" deals 98dmg.
    And [3][3][P] has better wake up game than [4][6][P]. So use [3][3][P] if you need.

Trying in training mode I could make it connect with a [6][K][K] ender against Taka. The [6][K][K] needs a timing but it deals 107dmg.

Then correct combo against Taka is :
    [3][P]+[K] W! [4][6][P] W! [4][3][P] tachi'ai [P]+[K] (delay) [6][K][K] - 107dmg

Use the [3][3][P] ender if you can't get the timing right.

3. metadata

metadata Member

Thats intreresting! The [4][6][P] deals less damage than the [3][3][P] ? I have to check it out.

Thank you!

4. metadata

metadata Member

I tired, and you are right!
    It is strange, because the [4][6][P] and [3][3][P] are equally does 30 damage. I really don't understand how works the dmg scaling in VF.

However if you want +3 dmg, you need change the [4][6][P] to [3][3][P]+[K]:

[3][P]+[K]W! [3][3][P]+[K][4][3][P] tachi'ai [P]+[K] W! [6][K][K] - 110 dmg

And this is also strange for me, because the [3][3][P]+[K] does less dmg than the [4][6][P].

Maxou likes this.
  5. Maxou

Maxou Well-Known Member

Very nice !! And [3][3][P]+[K] is still i17 (less time for stagger than HCF [P]+[K] which is i18) !
    Yeah the damage scaling is kinda weird sometimes.

6. Maxou

Maxou Well-Known Member

Three thing this morning that I didn't see posted here :

1) CH [4][1][2][3][6][P] _ [6_] [P] _ [6][P]+[K][P][P] is combo for 76dmg.

Happened to me sometimes and I didn't know what to do after HCF [P] CH. I used to do [K] afterward but this is definitively better.
    The window for 6_P is kinda large, you can do 236P on reaction in order to get 6_P easily.

2) Every [6][P]+[K][P][P] W! you got (it happens a lot of time since 6P+KPP is the ender for most Taka's combo), I already posted that you can combo with [3][3][P]+[K] afterward for additional damage.
    BUT You can even combo with [3][3][P] instead of [3][3][P]+[K] for 3 more points of damage.

EDIT : Use 33P against Shun since it sobers 1 DP

The good part about using [3][3][P]+[K] is that indeed you lose some damage (and only 3 points, not that much of a big deal). But your wake up game is better :
    If they raise up immediatly [4][3][P] seems forceblock (EDIT : It isn't but it's still nice).
    If they don't, you know the drill : [K] into grouded [3][P]is your friend for additional damage.

3) Playing with Tachi'ai [P]+[K] in the lab, I found a kinda nice wall combo :

Tachi'ai [P]+[K] W! [6][3][2][1][4][P] W! [4][3][P] Tachi'ai [P]+[K] W! [6][K][K] - 95dmg

This is the max I could get, if you know better, don't hesitate to share !

metadata likes this.
  7. YOMI

YOMI not a legendary game designer

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    On lightweights you can do 426P CH, 6_P, 33P+K 6P+KPP for 91 damage. Works up to Vanessa.

Maxou likes this.
  8. metadata

metadata Member

Exactly. I worked on this in the weekend. :D

btw the [4][1][2][3][6][P] _ [6_] [P]... thing is a nice find. I never know that CH [4][1][2][3][6][P] is a starter without wall. Nice work guys!

9. Maxou

Maxou Well-Known Member

Very nice ! Thank you for sharing !

Another find :

CH Tachi'ai [K] _ [1][P][P] _ [6_][P] _ [6][K][K] against most lightweights (could get it to work against Sarah and under) characters for 74dmg. Timing dependant. Need further research into it.

CH Tachi'ai [K] _ [1][P][P] _ [6][K][P][P] - 74 dmg is garanteed against Eileen. No timing required.

10. YOMI

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    You can do Tachi K CH, 1PP, 2P, 6KK on Sarah.

11. Maxou

Maxou Well-Known Member

Nice ! I am preparing a post about Tachi'ai K CH to complete the combos.
    You can also do CH Tachi'ai K (dash) 2P 1PP 6KK against other character when 1PP 2P 6KK doesn't work for the same amount of damage (72dmg).

Here's some more Tachi'ai [P] combos :
    - Tachi'ai [P] , [4][3][P] , [3][3][P]+[K] , [P] , [3][K] : 80dmg all the cast expect Akira, Jeffry, Wolf and Taka. Finally found a use for [3][K] !!
    - Tachi'ai [P] , [4][3][P] , [3][3][P]+[K] , [6][K][K] : 82dmg for Akira, Jeffry and Wolf

Will try to find some better combos against Taka.

About [4][4][P]+[K] :
    Reno said that [4][4][P]+[K] [4][3][+][P], [3][3][P]+[K], [6][P][+][K][P][P] is only garanteed against lightweight only characters.
    That's actually wrong. It is garanteed against all the cast except Akira, Jeffry, Wolf and Taka.
    It deals 87dmg btw.

12. YOMI

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    Tachi'ai P, 43P, 33P+K, K+GK works on everyone up to Akira and does 82dmg. You can do the same combo from 44P+K for 86 dmg up to Jean. Also works off CH side hit 3P+K.

Maxou likes this.
  13. YOMI

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    After 9K, 6KK (only on normal hit as 6K on itself launches on CH) 4K+G, 43P and on stomach, head toward low rising kick (position after Jean 6P+G, for example) you can universally do 1PP, 33P+K. On lightweights, 1PP, 2P, 3P+K for more damage and on Eileen and Blaze, 1PP, 6KK or 1PP, 2P, K.

I'm going to list random comboes next, sorry if they're already known; CH K+GK, very slight dash forward 1PP, 2P, 3P+K. This works ONLY on normal CH K+GK, on crouch hit, either CH or normal hit, the opponent gets pushed too far away for the combo to work.

After 46P+G, 6P+G against Wolf and Jeff: 1PP, 6KK. On Jean, lighter midweights and lightweights 1PP, K+GK, on Eileen and Blaze, 1PP, 6P+KPP.

P+K comboes only from closed stance: On Jean, P+K, P, 4PPP. On Eileen and Blaze, P+K, P, 33P+K, 6P+KPP.

With some strange timing that I haven't figured out yet, you can do 4P+KP, 1PP, 6KPP on Eileen and Blaze. I'll have to look into this more.

Maxou likes this.
  14. metadata

metadata Member

My first Taka Arashi combo vid:

Maxou likes this.
  15. Maxou

Maxou Well-Known Member

Nice video !
    I was in training mode checking what to do when I connect with CH [K]+[G][P] and you teached me a very nice Vanessa specific combo !
    PS : thank you for quoting me at the end of the video :oops:

16. metadata

metadata Member

Well, thanks for the [3][3][P] ender! It is massive, and works with everyone. ;)

17. Maxou

Maxou Well-Known Member

Addendum to all of this :

[4][3][P] :
    - [1][P][P] , [6][P]+[K][P][P] 70dmg is combo against Eileen only

[P]+[K] :
    - [6_][P] , [3][3][P]+[K] , [6][P]+[K][P][P] 74dmg is garanteed all stance against Eileen and Aoi. Only garanteed against Blaze closed stance. PS : If you do P instead of 6_P it's only garanteed against Eileen closed stance.
    - [1][P][P] , [6_][P] , [6][K][K] 70dmg is the garanteed best damage against other lightweights.
    - [P] , [4][P][P][P] 67dmg is garanteed against all of lightweight characters too ! I didn't know it was garanteed against Jean, nice find !

[4][P]+[K][P] :
    - dash [1][P][P] , [6][K][P][P] 75dmg is garanteed against Eileen and Blaze. No timing required, just be sure to dash correctly before 1PP imput.

And btw... , it's not K+GK but K+GP :p

Speaking of which :
    CH [K]+[G][P] :
    - [1][P][P] , [6][P]+[K][P][P] : 95dmg Aoi, Eileen, Blaze
    - [1][P][P] , [K]+[G][P] : 91dmg Pai, Sarah, Lion, Shun Di
    - [1][P][P] , [6][K][K] 94dmg Vanessa
    - [1][P][P] , [2][P] , [K] : 88dmg other middle wieght characters - Deals 93dmg against Jean
    - [1][P][P] , [3][3][P]+[K] : 83dmg Akira
    - [1][P][P] , [K] : 82dmg Jeffry, Wolf
    - [1][P][P] , [6][P]+[K][P] : 83dmg Taka

If you know better, don't hesitate to share ;)

18. YOMI

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    Yeah, P+K, P, 4PPP works on Jean, but from closed only. Sometimes distance is a factor, so you'll have to use 6_P for 4PPP to connect, and sometimes even that doesn't help, so you'll have to do the normal 1PP, 6P+KPP stuff.

And yes, you are right that it's K+GP, I'm an idiot. By the way, CH K+GP, 1PP, 2P, K doing more damage on Jean, it's just because of this: http://virtuafighter.com/threads/jean-takes-more-damage-than-other-characters.15927/

By the way, about 43P, it would be good to learn how to hitconfirm this move as on hit you get a combo, but on block you have advantage (+1) and can go into Tachi'ai. I'm not sure do you lose the advantage if you late cancel into Tachi, will have to test, but otherwise it's a good pressure move on your opponent's wakeup. If hitconfirming into Tachi on block feels hard and you accidentally do it even when 43P hit, you can get 43P~Tachi P+K_K as a combo, with P+K doing the most damage.

19. Maxou

Maxou Well-Known Member

You lose the advantage if you cancel to Tachi'ai after 43P.
    I wrote it all in the Tahci'ai stance data thread.

20. DamagedPhoenix

DamagedPhoenix New Member

iv used some of those combos but ended them differently i have on that works on the wall but its not easy to do