1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Taka tips against speed/aggression?

Discussion in 'Taka' started by Modelah, Dec 6, 2012.

1. martianpulis

martianpulis Well-Known Member

PSN:
    martianpulis
    "[P][P][P] is great because you can go into Tachiai, but you have to be careful because experienced players will low punch you out of it before you can get anything to come out. Against those players, the best thing to do is backdash or sidestep WITHOUT going into Tachiai and do a low throw. (See 5th round of my match against this Sarah player)" - Reno

I guess something to armor the [P][P][P] :)

2. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Unfortunately the problems you're having have only one solution. Practice. Online isn't the best environment for consistency, but with enough practice you'll learn the timing to buffer attacks.

Taka's [4][P][+][K] is probably the best confirmable launcher going, especially online, as it's so easy to hitcheck. between that and Taka's Elbow you shouldn't really have problems stopping abare. try to use MIDs from advantage. PPP isn't the best use of your advantage if you never give the opponent a reason to block standing.

Modelah and martianpulis like this.
  3. NGKrush

NGKrush Well-Known Member

PSN:
    de_kroet
    XBL:
    de kroet
    66p is great too, if your outside of 6p range.

i use this a lot, especially online because it's easy to space and input. the free ringouts it gives are a nice welcome too.

EvenPit and Modelah like this.