1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

The Exceptional Power of Virtua Fighter

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by Chanchai, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

I have nothing to do with this video, I just felt I had to share it after seeing it on doranekoakira's channel. So I will copy paste the details and post the video here.

Chibiaya, phanatik, Myke and 2 others like this.
  2. Konradinho

Konradinho Well-Known Member

PSN:
    konradinho2
    The exceptional power of midkick.

3. ApocryphicV

ApocryphicV Active Member

XBL:
    ApocryphicV
    Good share, a lot of nice stuff in there. I liked how all the combos ended with a three-peat replay.

4. Shou

Shou Well-Known Member

The translation is wrong and you guys aren't understanding the full implications of this. These setups are not guardable if you side tech meaning that your choices are stay on the ground or tech on the spot, neither very desirable against certain characters with strong OTG setups.

Sad that these type of setups were supposed to have been removed in the latest version but there are even more now and Sega won't be patching them out as they don't have resources allocated for this.

Chanchai likes this.
  5. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

What do you mean by side tech?

Also can you translate it properly for us pretty please?

6. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    He means techroll up or down ( [8][P]+[K]+[G] or [2][P]+[K]+[G]). When the opponent does there are a few frames where they're forced into crouching state and cannot block mids. They also cannot sidestep (why Sega, WHY?!?) so mids become unblockable. It happened in Vanilla as well but seems more regular in FS, as well as more dangerous because of the ST stuff.