1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

The Goh Quiz

Discussion in 'Goh' started by Leonard_McCoy, Sep 28, 2009.

1. VFnumbers

VFnumbers Well-Known Member Content Manager Lei

PSN:
    VFnumbers
    XBL:
    VFnumbers
    lows atacks are strong, IT makes me cautious alot of times in a match where im nearing death defensive priority is to guard lows takes effect it changes my mindset less evading and attacking more guarding . In the end i lose alot bad guesses pressures from mids , throws, lows takes it toll

2. Leonard_McCoy

Leonard_McCoy Well-Known Member

As Myke has pointed out, the situations I made up for the quizzes ain't exactly true to reality. In fact, they are highly hypothetical and just for the purpose of the quiz itself.

As for your answers: don't be vague! Did you even try the things you proposed in Dojo Mode? You all got that right, though: we are looking for a combo that does at least those 149 damage points. I didn't mention [4][6][K]+[G] as counter-hit because it simply is none (and therewith adds even more to the unlikeliness of the situation - but hey, it's all entertainment here). You can only assume the things to be true that are mentioned in the text as facts.

So what's the exact combo now and how much damage does it do? (And did you read that you can only do one combo because there isn't much time left?)

3. Leonard_McCoy

Or maybe I should have been more precise in the final question of the quiz. Maybe we should change it to: Fortunately, you just managed to successfully hit him with [4][6][K]+[G]. But which moves to use now?

4. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    You should mention what character Goh is up against in your quizzes.. It affects the options pretty much. Overall slightly more information is needed. Good effort.

5. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    [6][6][P]+[K]+[G] [​IMG]

6. Leonard_McCoy

Does it? In which way?

7. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    [4][6][K]+[G] [6][6][P]+[K] (Bound) Should do about 50 odd damge

I think the key is they have to tech here

Head towards face down

OM [P] > back stagger > [K] > back crumple > Back throw [100?PTS]

DEATH!

8. Gernburgs

Gernburgs Well-Known Member

^This seems like the only possible answer to take that much off that quickly. It has to involve them tech-rolling into your OM+P and you getting a back-stagger, crumple and then low back-throw FTW...

If they don't tech-roll, I think you're fucked...

9. Leonard_McCoy

Even though AkiraZero got the idea correctly down (let's use a backcrumple combo) in the very first place, he was simply too vague about which combo exactly he would be going for depleting a 149 life points health bar.

Therefore the winner is Jideo who proposed a fully working (!) back-crumple combo doing 150 damage in total (even though Jide was vague about the exact damage the combo would amount to). But let's have a look at the details.

Solution[/size]

In order to make at least 149 damage, you have to take advantage of the opponent's bad habit to always tech-roll to the very same side. A back-crumple combo is your only option here as there's also little match time left.

What I originally thought of as viable combo was something like that:

[4][6][K][+][G] [22 dmg] [4][6][K][+][G] [22 dmg] --> (delay) OM[P] --> [K] (quick dash) --> [2][P][+][K][+][G].
    22 + 22 + 105 = 149 dmg in total (105 is the back-throw part as of OMP on)

But Jide came up with something even more damaging:

[4][6][K][+][G] [22 dmg] [6][6][P][+][K] [23 dmg] --> (BIIIIIG delay) OM[P] --> [K] (quick dash) --> [2][P][+][K][+][G].
    = 150 dmg pts

Even better would be to add a little [P] to the sequence:

[4][6][K][+][G] [22 dmg] [6][6][P][+][K] [23 dmg] [P]([G]) [7 dmg]--> (not so BIIIG delay) OM[P] --> [K] (quick dash) --> [2][P][+][K][+][G].
    = 157 dmg pts

10. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Combos tend to depend on opponent character. Even if it didnt matter in the 'correct answers' here they do affect other options.

11. Leonard_McCoy

I think the situation that was described in the quiz is pretty unambigous.

We were looking for a combo with 46K+G as launcher doing at least 149 damage. The text neither mentions the opponent's character choice nor whether 46K+G hit as counter-hit or normal hit. So we had to look for a universal back-crumple combo doing at least 149 damage on all characters alike.

Sure, some combos are character dependent -- but, by far, not all. And those back-crumple combos mentioned in the solution will always do the exact the amount of damage mentioned to whatever character you are up against in VF5.

12. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Which is why I said this:
    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    Even if it didnt matter in the 'correct answers' here they do affect other options. </div></div>

I would suggest you mention some character in future quizzes though. Otherwise its kind of like giving a hint that the solution is character-independent :p

And solution to this quiz is not a single combo anyway. Its just one option.. and personally I would be waiting the time out on the ground if I was 140 lifebar points in the lead [​IMG]

13. Lucky_GT

Lucky_GT Well-Known Member

The Stupidly-dumb Goh quiz!

You land [4] [6] [K] [+] [G] against a backturned opponent, what is Goh's strongest combo (works on all except Jeffry). : )

14. Leonard_McCoy

<span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'">The Goh Quiz #3[/size]</span>
    <span style="font-family: 'Verdana'">Put your Goh knowledge to the ultimate test![/size]</span>

<span style="font-family: 'Verdana'">A fellow Goh player askes for your advice. Post your answer below. Be as precise as possible.

15. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

I have no idea but I really want to know.

16. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    at lucky: I dunno

at leonard: maybe whiff your down attack, wait and 66p her? you could OM around her if she does the reversal and kick her in the back and low throw her

17. Griever

Griever Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Griever_PL
    Slightly delayed down attack should do the trick. Timing it well, or provoking the ground punch reversal with a crouch dash should do the trick. Other than that... there's an option of dashing forward and crushing the eventual rising kick.

18. VFnumbers

VFnumbers Well-Known Member Content Manager Lei

PSN:
    VFnumbers
    XBL:
    VFnumbers
    i ll wait for aoi to whiff her ground reversal then special k her or after the throw heavy stomp and say back on the mic TRY and reverse that

19. Johoseph

Johoseph Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lau of America
    LOL nvm, I saw 46k+g and read 46k. Go me.

20. AkiraZero

AkiraZero Well-Known Member

[6][6][P][+][K] - [P] - [6][6][P][+][K] - [P] - [​IMG][6][P][+][K] ?