1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

The GOOD VF2 Thread - Online Matchups/Discussion

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by IcKY99, Apr 3, 2014.

1. IcKY99

IcKY99 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IcKY99
    XBL:
    IcKYIcKY
    Ok for a while now there has been talk of getting more people into online sessions of good ol' VF2 on the 360/PS3 versions. The net code performs surprisingly well and is more stable that Final Showdown on PSN. The purpose of this thread is for an easy to find information on the game and a list of available gamer-tags of players for both 360/PS3 (will be updated) please post if you have the game and want to be listed. Now let's play!

Information
    GodEater's Guides thread
    GLC's general guide w/frame data on GameFaqs

XBL Players
    BLACKSTAR84i
    GodEater VFDC
    JackoRCB
    kickitkev31
    TrickyVFDC
    PSN Players

BrodiMAN
    bruciethebeast
    daRockReaper
    Dhezz
    ezetyXaT1
    IcKY99
    Jun_Chikara
    killjoke1992
    mfwebdude
    Modelah
    Nanashi707
    Seikuken

Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
  2. IcKY99

IcKY99 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IcKY99
    XBL:
    IcKYIcKY
    And for shits and gigs here some cool tourney footage!

and the awesome BunBunMaru v Daimon!

3. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

one big word of advice for anyone wanting to play around with VF2. the move list IcKY99 linked to provides, not only the moves, but the combos and counter lists. The counter lists are important. Choose your character and go through the counter lists so you know your options on successful guard.

VF2 can be a bullies game. It is fast and agressive and you can be fooled into thinking you have few options but it isn't true. You just have to bully back sometimes. :)

Tumbling Dice and Lygophilia like this.
  4. IcKY99

IcKY99 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IcKY99
    XBL:
    IcKYIcKY
    GodEater ask anyone you know on XBL if they want to be on the player list, im on psn only for the moment!

Tumbling Dice likes this.
  5. TheKillingJoke

TheKillingJoke Active Member

PSN:
    Killjoke_1992
    I'm down to play icky whenever you got spare time. I think nova has the game as well.

6. Tumbling Dice

Tumbling Dice Well-Known Member

Count me in for XBL...even though I don't have any Live Gold right now; should be getting more soon. Feel free to hit me up anytime...There are always good times to be had in VF2!

IcKY99 likes this.
  7. IcKY99

IcKY99 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IcKY99
    XBL:
    IcKYIcKY
    Got ya man, i will be playing tomorrow!
    Also updated the player list.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
  8. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

I was thinking of taking a few characters and going through their movesets, showing which ones are the best for pressure, oki, etc, and which ones should be avoided.

Would there be interest in that? It wouldn't be the most polished video, just a homebrew synopsis based on my experience with the game.

Tumbling Dice and IcKY99 like this.
  9. IcKY99

IcKY99 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IcKY99
    XBL:
    IcKYIcKY
    Something along the lines of that would be great for anyone trying to get a grasp of VF2, since there are definitely people in need of some sort of guide

Tumbling Dice likes this.
  10. Tumbling Dice

Tumbling Dice Well-Known Member

A guide would be awesome! You're a very knowledgeable and experienced player and I know that we're not the only ones who want to see more from you. I think that VF2 is a radically different game from VF3 & onward. Not only do the raw speed and the positioning game make for a different experience, but I always thought that the lack of a throw/whiff animation always made a big difference. If you'd like any help, let me know!