1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

The Perfected Lei Fei Flow vs. Quest A.I. (Evo)

Discussion in 'Lei' started by ShaolinTAO, Aug 27, 2004.

1. ShaolinTAO

ShaolinTAO Active Member

Because there are no human opponents who enjoy fighting me (I mop the floor with noobs, and there's no advanced players around), I've dedicated myself to thrashing the Quest Mode A.I.

Occasionally during a round the A.I. (at higher levels) will have managed to get my health uncomfortably low, and lately I became conscious of the fact that when this happens, I use a flow that never fails. Never.

If you ever want a huge, reliable chunk off your enemy's life bar, do this:

(Neutral) - [4][3][P] - (Hai Shiki) - [K] - (counter - Crane) - [2][P]+[K]+[G] - (Hai Shiki) - [P][P]+[K] - (Neutral) - [9][K]+[G] - (opponent recovers) - [6][6][K]+[G] - (Tiger) - [P] - [4][K]+[G][K][2][K]

This always works.

Thanks,

-Tao

2. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    ShaolinTAO said:
    [4][3][P]

[/ QUOTE ]

well whaddaya know

3. Siyko

Siyko Well-Known Member

tehank yuo tihs will realy hlep me master teh SSHOWLIN MASTER!! LOL!!

Neways-~` this stuf is rpety god, adn next year wehn i go to all teh tournametnts, ill be sure to give u pprorerp credit! kthxbai~

4. Kimble

Kimble Well-Known Member

[4][3][P] is a very slow and useless move in real matches (except against shun). Countering with DM K is also very difficult. It works on the AI only cause they are so stupid compared to human players.

They AI also doesn't evade and counter attack after Lei is in Tiger stance with small disadvantage. Every human player i've played does.

IMO playing the AI like that will only lower your skill level.

5. thebradSHow

thebradSHow Well-Known Member

Tao: just for reference, as a whole, people tend not to make posts about quest mode strategies because as a general understanding, once you get good enough, quest will be another way to test your skills and not a way to find new and interesting ways to cheese the computer.

6. ShaolinTAO

ShaolinTAO Active Member

Re: bitching

I'm sorry, I tried to make the subject of my post very clear (a Lei Fei flow VS. Quest A.I. in Evo) - and didn't mean to suggest that this would be an effective flow against human opponents.

I also tried to give an indication that the information wouldn't be for everyone - certainly not more advanced players - but perhaps for people in my situation, who have no proficient human opponents to fight.

I'll try to make that clearer next time - hah.

7. Neko

Neko Well-Known Member

Yo,
    This is for anyone.
    I'm not one to ressurect old threads, but I don't feel my question warrants a new post discussion. Just a quick one: It's true about [4][3][P]...I never see a god damn person use it and I have seen quite a bit of Lei vids...but why is this? I agree it is slow, but I catch a lot of peeps with that last tap trying to evade that shit...but I don't play lots of peeps so...

Can anyone else elaborate why this move sucks on humans so much?

Thanks.

8. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Because if it gets blocked, you're in [2][P]+[K]+[G] stance at a huge disadvantage (-10) and unable to evade or guard most counter attacks.

9. Neko

Neko Well-Known Member

Oh, I see. -10 ... Just to risky then. I guess especially b/c it does not the best of damage. I will try to hold off doing against the cpu and peoples so often, so I do not create such bad habits. Hmmmmm, how about one more quick follow up question then: When would in anyone use [4][3][P]? Useless?

Thanks Dre!

10. noodalls

noodalls Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

There was an article in arcadia magazine about this move, but I don't actually have the magazine, just read it briefly in the arcade. The gist of the article was:

Lei Fei has a bit of a gap in ability to counter between about -12 and -16, where he has no great punishing moves. You can try to add b,d/f+P into this, to punish when the opponent is -14, and if they try to low jab you out of stance afterwards, Haishiki K will often CH them, leading into Lei's strongest juggle.

Hai P,P+K is probably another good option from here.

11. Neko

Neko Well-Known Member

That's interesting about the article. I can see his dis adv. of -12 but I could work definately with a -16. But yeah this true about shit b/w that window. It looks like [4][3][P] is the best option during that window. I guess [6][6][P] is not a bad option either dishing 25 and giving a little more distance to work with or even [2_][6][P] (if I can pull it off) for crmple senario.

Thanks to the max!