1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Top 10 El Blaze moves

Discussion in 'El Blaze' started by Seidon, Jun 10, 2012.

1. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    I found the old top ten lists a handy jumping off point to learn a characters tools and the Blaze forum has no top ten thread.

I'm not going to include throws, [P] or [2][P] as they are self explanatory, [6][P][K] is also not on the list but it is probably his most useful move (as are elbows in general).

Expect this list to be changed as I get more experience with the game.

10. [4][6][P]+[K]

Fast, safe Ch combo starter. Good for playing with a little advantage.

9. [4][3][K]+[G] ~ [P]+[G]

This hit throw has good range and good damage, puts blaze in a nice position on wake up. Safe on block.

8. [6][K]
    Good range, sends the opponent reeling on hit, staggers on wall hit and can. Crush rising kicks.

7. [4][6][K]

I liked this kick in vanilla but I love it even more now, buts blaze at advantage on hit or block, was a special high in vanilla not sure if it still is this time around, will check.

6. [3][K]

Side kick. Solid move that can reap HUGE reward on a side CH or on a back dashing opponent.

5. [K]+[G]

Wasn't going to include this as it is expected but at the same time I figured I couldn't stress how important this move has become given the new side turn mechanics and how often people attack from disadvantage now.

4. [3][P]+[K] ~ [P]+[G]

Fast, evasive, safe hit throw that puts blaze at advantage and allows for a scary rocket discharge mixup. can lead to 100+ damage and extreme pushing toward the edge/wall if your opponent is not good at stagger escaping. Handsome scratch does the same thing but it's a little harder to land.

3. [8][P]+[K]

Still a strong favourite.

2. [​IMG][6][P]+[K]

Quick, far reaching combo starter.

1. [6][K]+[G]

Blaze's primary launcher and instrument in pain. Use it.

HOT DOG AWARD:

[4][6][P]

This string is still solid.

Well those are my favourite moves (outside of stances) still a few I have to get used to like 1P+K. A bunch of moves not on the list that I do use often like 1P and 6P+KP.

Like to hear what other people are using.

Voltaige and Chanchai like this.
  2. Devdan

Devdan Well-Known Member

PSN:
    WrysWendellBoah
    XBL:
    WrysWendellBoah
    I'm a noob, but I'm been having a lot of success with 8P+K and the catch throws. I use 7K a lot too, but that's probably because I'm just starting and overly reliant on gimmicks.

3. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    Let's not forget to mention, special high and covers hit back. Will hit even low recovering moves after they whiff. Also, it sober 3 point... 3 POINTS?!

Yes, another special high. Another good attack.

Yes. It goes under jabs at disadvantage.

Still goes under highs like whoa. For example, blocked [8][P]+[K] (-9), Jacky [P]s, [4][6][P] goes under. Maybe just Jacky, dunno, but that is insane.

[6][P]+[K][P] is a great poke, great speed, allegedly is decent in combos, the deal it short, but good enough. [1][P] is half cirular and goes under lows, try using it with the opponents back to the wall. [​IMG]

[P]+[K][P][P] is still a great punisher.

[3]_[9][P]+[K]+[G] is great after knockdown. A very simple mind game, [P] does good damage versus duckers attackers, catch throw beat guard and evade.

[4][1][2][3][6][P] is still can go under a number of mids, can set up a throw, and 4:[1][2][3][6][P][P]:[K] isn't too bad versus whiff, can lead to a combo. (can use [2][P]+[K] versus light weights? Was able to make up a 80+ damage combo versus Eileen with this.)

[P]+[K]+[G] can sabaki high punches, elbows, and kicks. Leads to crazy frames. Just check it out in dojo.

Just a few note worthy attacks.

Voltaige likes this.
  4. Seidon

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    [6][P]+[K][P] is used in a lot of combos before KKK or [2][P]+[K], nice damage boost and sends them back up into the air, not to mention it gives some carry for ringout/wall combo potential.

Rocket Discharge is really strong now in my experience so any moves or combo enders that go into it are always a good shout.

5. Krye

Krye French Star Player

PSN:
    KryeMeARiver
    XBL:
    Krye NL
    4pk string is even stronger than it used to be!

6. Seidon

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    I felt it was going strong with the new CH on evading opponents thing but IU haven't u sed it much. Will try and work it in a bit more tonight.

7. nou

nou Well-Known Member

8. 001

001 Well-Known Member Content Mgr El Blaze

9. Seidon

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    In vanilla you only got the mega advantage if you got the sabaki on a kick. Now if you sabaki anything you can land a handsome scratch or a volcano knee. It's really neat.

I want to say that 2k+g knocking down on ch is a thing of beauty now. Also causes wall splat on ch.

Edit:

I also want to add that blaze's guard break seems largely shit at the moment. I've went on and on about it on the shoutbox a few times but if you want me to go into it I'll clarify why I don't like it.

10. Jemun

Jemun Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Double-Jemun
    1K+G. I use Crouching backdash - Dropkick - Groundthrow every once in a while as a round starter, it's not safe against everything but a rather good option online. At least for me.

What guard break do you mean?

11. Jemun

Jemun Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Double-Jemun
    You mean the Poison Breath right?

12. Seidon

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Yeah. It's pretty lousy.

13. Jemun

Jemun Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Double-Jemun
    Let's say you somehow get it done pretty safely and successful in a real fight, what are some good follow ups?

On guard it breaks the guard and direct hit leaves you with +10 right?

Besides this little theory experimenting, the problem is that there are better option that have more use. Backturned K into hit-throw, P+K+GK..

14. Seidon

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Any time you can use the guard break you have better, safer options. If I do use it I'll always follow with something like 3P string or 4K string, even 4Pl stuff. More often than not though you just put yourself in the same position you were already in but lwave yourself wide open while you do it.

15. Jemun

Jemun Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Double-Jemun
    So yeah, the moves that pay tribute to Tekken are useless.

What do you prefer to do after blocked 46K~4 (Mouse)?

16. 001

001 Well-Known Member Content Mgr El Blaze

my ghetto setup for poison mist is when i have their back towards the wall and i've already made them fear a wall splat/stagger combo. since their back is already in the wall you get a free wall throw attempt after landing the spit since you don't need to dash in like if you were midscreen. perfect for landing that low wall throw or mixing 46p+g into combo and 64p+g wall throw.

17. ShinobiFist

ShinobiFist Well-Known Member

No love for 1P+K I see. Move is pretty amazing at mid range(due to the awesome ducking animation) and half circular. Great whiff punisher that leads to a solid combo. is been my go to move.

18. Seidon

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    It's the one move I don't really use and to be honest I'm not too sure why. I think it's nice after a throw break, that's about the only situation I'm really using it in. I'll have to use it a bit more often.

19. ShinobiFist

ShinobiFist Well-Known Member

1P+K is a great tool. Denkai saw me use it during Rank title matches at Konjou's place. Everyone felt that slap. Whats great about it as well is that if your opponent shoulder is pointing at the direction of any wall, you get a wallsplat when it connects [​IMG] On OS you slap them towards the front, on CS, you slap them towards the back. Again, this is a move El Blaze players should put in their game, is that good.

20. Jemun

Jemun Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Double-Jemun
    Sounds good, I will definetely try to incorporate 1P+K into my game now, plus it sobers 2 drinks (not seeing Shuns that often, but hey)